Video of rocket that crashed into the moon released

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Who, me?

A rocket crashed into the moon: Where did it come from?​

A rocket reportedly crashed into the moon back in March.

And the weird thing is no one has any idea as to where it came from.

According to a NASA press release, astronomers first noticed a “rocket body” heading towards the moon late last year. The resulting collision was picked up by the agency’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter which showed via images that two craters had been created from the impact.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "fake", but I will say it's a clever picture taken at just the right time.

First off, there is no way that if an explosion on the moon that was big enough to be seen from Earth (in the daylight no less) wouldn't be noticed by scientists. An explosion that big would tear large chunks off of the moon due to the force, as well as the fact that the moon doesn't have enough gravity to bring the exploded chunks back to it. They would drift off into space, and in all probability, because of the Earth's gravity, would fall down here as a large meteor shower.

Second, in order for an explosion to leave a plume like the one pictured, there would have to be an atmosphere. There is no atmosphere on the moon, so a plume like that would be impossible.

And third, notice the shading of the so called "plume" (which is actually a small cloud in our atmosphere). The dark spot (the shadow) is facing the same direction as the moon, as you can see the face of it is illuminated. If that plume were truly an explosion on the moon, where the dark spot is on it would be white rather than dark gray. This is just a clever photo taken at the right time.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "fake", but I will say it's a clever picture taken at just the right time.

First off, there is no way that if an explosion on the moon that was big enough to be seen from Earth (in the daylight no less) wouldn't be noticed by scientists. An explosion that big would tear large chunks off of the moon due to the force, as well as the fact that the moon doesn't have enough gravity to bring the exploded chunks back to it. They would drift off into space, and in all probability, because of the Earth's gravity, would fall down here as a large meteor shower.

Second, in order for an explosion to leave a plume like the one pictured, there would have to be an atmosphere. There is no atmosphere on the moon, so a plume like that would be impossible.

And third, notice the shading of the so called "plume" (which is actually a small cloud in our atmosphere). The dark spot (the shadow) is facing the same direction as the moon, as you can see the face of it is illuminated. If that plume were truly an explosion on the moon, where the dark spot is on it would be white rather than dark gray. This is just a clever photo taken at the right time.

Photo of the moon. Everything else, rocket, explosion, plume was fake.

• Banned

I wouldn't even go as far as saying it was picture taken at the right time with the clouds. It's a photoshop all the way.

An expendable small rocket stage that crashed on the moon and produces a plume that appears to be a couple of hundred miles. That is difficult.

Who, me?

A rocket crashed into the moon: Where did it come from?​

It came from someone's imagination, as already pointed out there are sooooo many things wrong with it to be real. Looks like someone's idea of hoax just to get their 15 minutes of fame.

It came from someone's imagination, as already pointed out there are sooooo many things wrong with it to be real. Looks like someone's idea of hoax just to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Yeah, and since there is the real story of an unknown rocket that struck the moon (they believe it's likely a Chinese rocket) someone decided to take advantage of the story.

A close up view

1657745461886.gif

1. That "rocket" was going faster than anything this planet has in existence.
2. It would have had to have been an atomic or hydrogen explosion in order to get a cloud that big. And it wasn't, since there was no flash of light or fireball.
3. Even if something did actually hit the moon, it wouldn't have made a plume like you would find happening on earth. There is no atmosphere on the moon, so they plume would have looked completely different.

Here's another view, and even has sound!
Hmmm, notice how the speed of sound has gotten a lot faster :laugh: !
Should have taken 13 days 1 hour and 55 minutes approximately for sound from the moon to reach earth.

Not only did sound get faster, but apparently now it can travel in a complete vaccuum as well. I thought that sound required an atmosphere of some type for the waves to travel in, and there isn't any type of atmosphere until you hit Earth. How did it manage to cross the vaccuum of space?

Not only did sound get faster, but apparently now it can travel in a complete vaccuum as well. I thought that sound required an atmosphere of some type for the waves to travel in, and there isn't any type of atmosphere until you hit Earth. How did it manage to cross the vaccuum of space?

1657751580282.jpeg

It was a tree falling in the forest until the sound reached the ears of living beings here on earth. Timber!!!

It does look fake.
If real, somebody would have to be testing high yield MIRV on the moon, to get anything like that view from the explosion from 238,555 miles away, and there is no way you could see something as small as a rocket from that far away.
It IS. I can't believe anyone believes this is real

Forum List

Back