Biden Position on Guns Is a Joke

Trump signed an anti-gun EO that banned bump stocks. Now, I think that bump stocks are a joke and only a moron would use one, but this action by Trump set a precedent for future presidents to whittle away at gun rights via EOs
True... and I agree... but I believe the judicial overturned that ban as unconstitutional.

The whole problem with the left is they just can't fathom that it is bad guys who shouldn't be running around loose in the first place who are committing most of the gun crimes, with many of those being convicted felons who shouldn't even have guns. The solution is to ban known bad guys from the streets, not to ban guns. For some unexplainable reason the left seem to believe that criminals will obey gun control laws when they consistently find out that criminals DON'T obey gun laws. It makes absolutely no sense.
Agreed, to a point. I think we need to look at the bigger picture. Our failing culture. I suspect our culture breeds bad guys. When millions of Americans are born poor without the chance of improving their position, they tend to act up.

Being poor in America is an awful existence, that few can break through. We have too much dysfunction. Poverty, crime, failing schools, illiteracy illegitimacy, gangs, lack of good jobs, outrageous income inequality, unjust legal system targeting the poor and minorities, prison industrial complex, etc.

I also suspect all this dysfunction is purposeful, by the establishment. It helps create division. Our criminal government spends trillions on the military industry complex, imperialism, corporate welfare, and tax benefits for the ultra rich and big corporations. If all this money was directed on helping Americans improve their lives, things might be different.

Trump signed an anti-gun EO that banned bump stocks. Now, I think that bump stocks are a joke and only a moron would use one, but this action by Trump set a precedent for future presidents to whittle away at gun rights via EOs

Most people never heard of bumper stocks until the Vegas shooting. It didn't affect anybody's right to own or use guns.

Agreed, to a point. I think we need to look at the bigger picture. Our failing culture. I suspect our culture breeds bad guys. When millions of Americans are born poor without the chance of improving their position, they tend to act up.

Being poor in America is an awful existence, that few can break through. We have too much dysfunction. Poverty, crime, failing schools, illiteracy illegitimacy, gangs, lack of good jobs, outrageous income inequality, unjust legal system targeting the poor and minorities, prison industrial complex, etc.

I also suspect all this dysfunction is purposeful, by the establishment. It helps create division. Our criminal government spends trillions on the military industry complex, imperialism, corporate welfare, and tax benefits for the ultra rich and big corporations. If all this money was directed on helping Americans improve their lives, things might be different.

If you are poor in the US today, it's a choice you made, not an affliction.

Greatest benefit I ever got from the government was the GI Bill.

Paid for my college and helped provide me with some pretty valuable knowledge and tools to use in the Private Sector.
When failure is not an acceptable option, a person tends to fair better in the market.

It doesn't mean they never fail, just helps them understand how useless an excuse is.

Most people never heard of bumper stocks until the Vegas shooting. It didn't affect anybody's right to own or use guns.

But if the EO is allowed to stand, what is next to be banned via EO? Not being allowed to own a High capacity magazine does not anybody's right to own or use guns. Not being allowed to certain types of ammo does not anybody's right to own or use guns.

Here's what Joe Biden has repeatedly said he want to do about guns in America.

1. Ban what he calls "assault weapons"
2. Ban high-capacity magazines.
3. Hold gun Manufacturers "accountable"

Strike 1....Strike 2......Strike 3

First, according to the second amendment of the Constitution, the right to bears arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED (exactly what Biden is proposing to do)

Second, I don't think Biden, or any of his leftist friends, clueless about guns, have any idea what they're talking about, when they loosely throw the phrase "assault weapons". I've heard some of them refer to the AR-15 rifle as an assault weapon , when it's just an ordinary rifle, that fires one shot with each pull of the trigger.

Third, unlike Biden's claim that high capacity magazines have no place in a civilized society, and his question of why there is a need for that, there easily could be a need. What if a whole gang of thugs show up in your front yard ? (let's say 10-15 of them). A 6 shooter wouldn't cover that.

Third, gun manufacturers have nothing to do with any of this. In addition to the guns possessed by police, there are far more guns in the hands of law-abiding people (with CCW permits), than there are criminals in possession of them. And you cant blame an inanimate object. Some people kill or injure others with a car. Wanna ban cars ? Some people are attacked with baseball bat. Wanna ban baseball bats ? Some people are killed with a kitchen knife. Wanna ban them ?

Lastly, banning assault rifles (whatever anybody defines that to be) or any kind of rifle, doesnt ,match up with the facts. Relatively, very few people are killed with rifles.

You should have read his stance on guns on his website when he was running for prez. It went much further than that.

Of course they'd love to see people suing gun sellers and manufacturers. They know it would close them all down making it impossible to buy a gun. It's likely nobody would win a claim, but the litigation costs would drive them out of business. It's a commie way to get around the Constitution, the document they hate so much.

Being poor in America is an awful existence, that few can break through.

You are confused.

According to a study a few years ago the "poor" in America live better than the middle class in most European countries and much better than most of the people in the world.

As far as upward mobility America is the best country in the world to rise above poverty. That is why we have so much legal and even illegal immigration. All it takes is a little hard work. Of course now the filthy Left weenies have too much power and they have enacted typical failed Leftest policies that have curtailed the potential of the economy to grow.

But if the EO is allowed to stand, what is next to be banned via EO? Not being allowed to own a High capacity magazine does not anybody's right to own or use guns. Not being allowed to certain types of ammo does not anybody's right to own or use guns.

You and I both know Trump was pro-gun. He only did that because of the Vegas shooting to show he's doing something. Trump would have never tried to ban magazines or ammo.

You and I both know Trump was pro-gun. He only did that because of the Vegas shooting to show he's doing something. Trump would have never tried to ban magazines or ammo.

I agree he would not have, but he set the precedent and if SCOTUS upholds it, then the door is open for someone like Biden to do so.

I do not really think he is pro-gun, that was just one of his talking points to get votes. Remember he said he supported red flag laws.

As far as upward mobility America is the best country in the world to rise above poverty.

Not true at all. The US ranks 27th in Social Mobility.

That is why we have so much legal and even illegal immigration.

We have that because of our location to so many of the world's suffering populations. It is a long walk from South America to Norway!

Not true at all. The US ranks 27th in Social Mobility.

We have that because of our location to so many of the world's suffering populations. It is a long walk from South America to Norway!

Right, that's why the Border Patrol stated the people coming here are from over 100 other countries. They are flying into Mexico to cross into our border.

I agree he would not have, but he set the precedent and if SCOTUS upholds it, then the door is open for someone like Biden to do so.

I do not really think he is pro-gun, that was just one of his talking points to get votes. Remember he said he supported red flag laws.

It wouldn't have opened the door to anything. Bumper stocks are not a firearm.

Neither are magazines or certain types of ammo.

But I know it is a fools errand to get you to ever disagree with Trump so I will move on.

Ammo is a different story and you know it. I've been shooting 40 years and never even knew what a bump stock was until the Vegas shooting, and most gun owners didn't either. It affected nobody.

Civil rights violations perpetrated by the government are never minor.
True, but you’re whistling past the graveyard.

When they spy on us all, voided habeas corpus, commit coups worldwide, massively enrich the war profiteers, big pharma, big oil, and billionaires. Along with numerous other terrible wrongs and injustices. This issue is a mere blip.

You are confused.

According to a study a few years ago the "poor" in America live better than the middle class in most European countries and much better than most of the people in the world.

As far as upward mobility America is the best country in the world to rise above poverty. That is why we have so much legal and even illegal immigration. All it takes is a little hard work. Of course now the filthy Left weenies have too much power and they have enacted typical failed Leftest policies that have curtailed the potential of the economy to grow.
Typical con response. Of course our leading conman Ray From Bumfuck, gives you thanks. Further proving your opinion is totally fucked up and clueless.

Upward mobility is dead. Income inequality has exploded. Crime has too. Coincidentally.

Typical con response. Of course our leading conman Ray From Bumfuck, gives you thanks. Further proving your opinion is totally fucked up and clueless.

Upward mobility is dead. Income inequality has exploded. Crime has too. Coincidentally.

The only thing stopping more upward mobility in the US is the damage done to the economy by the filthy ass failed Leftest policies like we see in Democrat controlled areas. Polices that hurt the the economy like Environmental Wacko projects that drive up the cost of energy.

Don't want to be poor? Then don't help elect Democrats or RINOs that fuck up the country with bat shit crazy failed Leftest polices.

Forum List

Back