Biden Just Made It Easier for Migrants to Become U.S. Citizens

we don't need to import illegals for cheap labor....1) there is a completely legal way to get a work visa, 2) we also have plenty of Americans that are cheap labor.
We (as taxpayers) need to stop subsidizing Americans to sit on their asses without good reason. They need to start taking jobs they're actually qualified for. We don't need no stinking invaders

It’s not a dodge to point out your question is flawed.

It’s a “when did you stop beating your wife” type problem. Your question assumes things which aren’t true.
what’s flawed about it? are you denying the inflation issues we’ve had since xiden took office? and his border crisis?

what’s flawed about it? are you denying the inflation issues we’ve had since xiden took office? and his border crisis?
What does the border crisis have to do with labor force?

We needed better immigration policy five years ago to avoid this. Restrictive immigration policy is bad for inflation. That’s just a fact you constantly ignore.

We (as taxpayers) need to stop subsidizing Americans to sit on their asses without good reason. They need to start taking jobs they're actually qualified for. We don't need no stinking invaders
i have no problem with legal immigrants or migrants…dembots think restricting illegal immigrants is the same restricting legal immigrants is the same..it’s not…and frankly prejudice and disgusting of them ro compare the two.

You are all for it but unfortunately you won't hold politicians accountable for doing nothing.
How would I do that exactly? Refuse to vote for any politician who doesn't want to punish employers and welfare workers who give money to illegals? I'd end up staying home.
Despite the rhetoric, illegals get few benefits.
Can you show me the data that leads you to make that claim?

Remember that the laws against illegals getting benefits mean zero to people who broke the law to be here in the first place.

How would I do that exactly? Refuse to vote for any politician who doesn't want to punish employers and welfare workers who give money to illegals? I'd end up staying home.

So they will continue to come. They will come by the millions. At some point it will all break and something will be done. What that something is, is yet to be determined.

Can you show me the data that leads you to make that claim?

I can't provide data to something that does not exist. You made the claim it didnt.

Remember that the laws against illegals getting benefits mean zero to people who broke the law to be here in the first place.

OK.

I can't provide data to something that does not exist. You made the claim it didnt.
You made the claim that illegals get few benefits. I don't know how many benefits you would consider few.

They are legally "entitled" to what I would call many benefits, often supposedly to benefit their children. I can give you the data on that, but I honestly think that you already know and are fine with it. Doesn't take much thought to realize that if they came here illegally, they will also apply for benefits that they are not entitled to and that welfare workers are unlikely to demand proof of citizenship.

I know that you know that they are immediately accepted at public schools, and that the financial drain they create for services like free meals, bilingual and special education takes away from children here legally.

You made the claim that illegals get few benefits. I don't know how many benefits you would consider few.

They are legally "entitled" to what I would call many benefits, often supposedly to benefit their children. I can give you the data on that, but I honestly think that you already know and are fine with it. Doesn't take much thought to realize that if they came here illegally, they will also apply for benefits that they are not entitled to and that welfare workers are unlikely to demand proof of citizenship.

I know that you know that they are immediately accepted at public schools, and that the financial drain they create for services like free meals, bilingual and special education takes away from children here legally.
i would say youre correct.

But the vast majority of illegals are here to have a better life and contribute to society. The USA has a labor shortage, and there are always jobs that citizens are unwilling to do.

So they will continue to come. They will come by the millions.
Yes, they will. Particularly for the benefits. If we focused our enforcement on not allowing them to have benefits, then only the willing workers and the criminals will come. A step in the right direction, at least.
At some point it will all break and something will be done. What that something is, is yet to be determined.
In 2016, the voters did determine what that something is: Build a wall and enforce the border. Trump failed to build his promised wall, but he reduced the number of illegal crossings significantly.
Here is my data:

Illegal aliens are considered "not qualified" for most federal benefits, which is what Democrats hang their hats on when they claim that illegals "don't get benefits." We know it is a lie, because if illegals really were denied benefits, the Democrats would be changing the law so that they do.

Exceptions to the Restrictions

The law includes important exceptions for certain types of services. Regardless of their immigration status, not-qualified immigrants are eligible for emergency Medicaid if they are otherwise eligible for their state’s Medicaid program.[21] The law does not restrict access to public health programs that provide immunizations and/or treatment of communicable disease symptoms (whether or not those symptoms are caused by such a disease). School breakfast and lunch programs remain open to all children regardless of immigration status, and almost every state has opted to provide access to the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).[22]

Short-term noncash emergency disaster assistance remains available without regard to immigration status. Also exempted from the restrictions are other in-kind services necessary to protect life or safety, as long as no individual or household income qualification is required. In 2001, the U.S. attorney general published a final order specifying the types of benefits that meet these criteria. The attorney general’s list includes child and adult protective services; programs addressing weather emergencies and homelessness; shelters, soup kitchens, and meals-on-wheels; medical, public health, and mental health services necessary to protect life or safety; disability or substance abuse services necessary to protect life or safety; and programs to protect the life or safety of workers, children and youths, or community residents.
[23]

That is not even the full list, and I can't imagine a welfare program that would not meet one of those criteria. Not to mention, that there is zero enforcement against illegals who get benefits they are not entitled to, nor the workers who give them to illegals.

I don't call that "few." Maybe I am biased by the fact that I am required to pay for all that "generosity."

It takes believing conspiracy sites.

I'm good with kids being educated and not allowed to starve.

Yes, they will. Particularly for the benefits. If we focused our enforcement on not allowing them to have benefits, then only the willing workers and the criminals will come. A step in the right direction, at least.

In 2016, the voters did determine what that something is: Build a wall and enforce the border. Trump failed to build his promised wall, but he reduced the number of illegal crossings significantly.

Here is my data:

Illegal aliens are considered "not qualified" for most federal benefits, which is what Democrats hang their hats on when they claim that illegals "don't get benefits." We know it is a lie, because if illegals really were denied benefits, the Democrats would be changing the law so that they do.

Exceptions to the Restrictions

The law includes important exceptions for certain types of services. Regardless of their immigration status, not-qualified immigrants are eligible for emergency Medicaid if they are otherwise eligible for their state’s Medicaid program.[21] The law does not restrict access to public health programs that provide immunizations and/or treatment of communicable disease symptoms (whether or not those symptoms are caused by such a disease). School breakfast and lunch programs remain open to all children regardless of immigration status, and almost every state has opted to provide access to the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC).[22]

Short-term noncash emergency disaster assistance remains available without regard to immigration status. Also exempted from the restrictions are other in-kind services necessary to protect life or safety, as long as no individual or household income qualification is required. In 2001, the U.S. attorney general published a final order specifying the types of benefits that meet these criteria. The attorney general’s list includes child and adult protective services; programs addressing weather emergencies and homelessness; shelters, soup kitchens, and meals-on-wheels; medical, public health, and mental health services necessary to protect life or safety; disability or substance abuse services necessary to protect life or safety; and programs to protect the life or safety of workers, children and youths, or community residents.
[23]

That is not even the full list, and I can't imagine a welfare program that would not meet one of those criteria. Not to mention, that there is zero enforcement against illegals who get benefits they are not entitled to, nor the workers who give them to illegals.

I don't call that "few." Maybe I am biased by the fact that I am required to pay for all that "generosity."

You imagine.........I'm not really caring what you "imagine".

You imagine.........I'm not really caring what you "imagine".
BTW, from that "conspiracy site" the National Immigration Law Center, here is how the enforcement works:

Verification Rules​

When a federal agency designates a program as a federal public benefit foreclosed to not-qualified immigrants, the law requires the state or local agency to verify the immigration and citizenship status of all program applicants. However, many federal agencies have not specified which of their programs provide federal public benefits. Until they do, state and local agencies that administer the programs are not obligated to verify the immigration status of people who apply for them.

Yes Sir. It is indeed a free-for-all.

BTW, from that "conspiracy site" the National Immigration Law Center, here is how the enforcement works:

Verification Rules​

When a federal agency designates a program as a federal public benefit foreclosed to not-qualified immigrants, the law requires the state or local agency to verify the immigration and citizenship status of all program applicants. However, many federal agencies have not specified which of their programs provide federal public benefits. Until they do, state and local agencies that administer the programs are not obligated to verify the immigration status of people who apply for them.

Yes Sir. It is indeed a free-for-all.

State and local can't. Federal can and does.

Forum List

Back