Biden has turned this into such a 3rd world country that now napkins are a luxury item

Sounds like the hotel realized they had a problem!!

Did those child support checks start already? I can't keep up with all the helicopter money. We didn't know what to do with it; gave it to our kids. They didn't know what to do with it either, gave it to their kids!
Yup, they started in July. I know someone with four kids who is getting more than $1000 a month, tax-free. She had a part-time job, but she quit it since the government is giving her about the same amount she earned. This is why businesses can’t get staff.

That's it I'm out of here for good. You right wing nut jobs are absolutely nuts.
1635126072261.jpeg

What what makes them child support checks? It is my understanding they are the money they would have normally gotten back when they filed their taxes at the end of the year.
I thought per-child support checks are in this "infrastructure" giveaway bill currently in trouble in Congress, but I'm not keeping track of the helicopter money; I generally disapprove of it all.

Yup, they started in July. I know someone with four kids who is getting more than $1000 a month, tax-free. She had a part-time job, but she quit it since the government is giving her about the same amount she earned. This is why businesses can’t get staff.
Good Golly Miss Molly! I did not know that. That sure would do it! Thanx for the info.

With 4 kids she was probably spending more than that just on daycare for them.

What what makes them child support checks? It is my understanding they are the money they would have normally gotten back when they filed their taxes at the end of the year.
No, that’s an intentionally misleading misnomer by the Dems. They HAD been credited back against taxes owed, but now people Get the full amount, even if they pay no taxes at all.

For example, let’s say the credit was $2,000 per child, and you had two kids, for a total of $4,000. Now let’s say you owed $3,000. You applied the $4,000 credit against the $3,000 owed - and you paid nothing in taxes.

Now, though, you get the entire INCREASED amount regardless of the taxes. So now it’s $3600 each kid, for $7,200. (Under age 6.) You still owe $3,000. Now instead of the $7,200 wiping out the tax, and then being “done,” you get the $4,200 difference paid to you. That’s more than a “credit”.

Or, consider a woman with no income and two kids. Before, the tax credit meant nothing because.….she paid no taxes. In fact, she GOT benefits, like food stamps and Medicaid. Now she gets an additional $7200 for the two kids, cash money.

This is pure welfare, provided to parents, in order to get more people dependent on government.

I thought per-child support checks are in this "infrastructure" giveaway bill currently in trouble in Congress, but I'm not keeping track of the helicopter money; I generally disapprove of it all.
Nope. Biden started them last summer. You want to hear worse? What‘s in the ”infrastructure” bill is an INCREASE of the government support checks to $8,000 per kid!

I'd talk to corporate travel and be booked someplace better.
PJ went to Kroger here in Jackson, TN last week. No shortages, even on paper products. Frozen foods were full. Produce good. They were even running a sale on Breyer's Ice Cream. Life is good in the Mid-South.

Just because the shelves LOOK full, doesn't mean there's not shortages. They swap brands and generic things like pizza when they can.. There was a HUGE shortage of Deli Meat products at EVERY Publix in the Nashville area last month. The whole deli case had about 8 choices in it..

And canned/bottled/packaged juice aisles have been sketchy for a month..

And the sliced stuff in the aisles was pretty sparse as well..

No, we really aren't getting there. Yes, there are problems in this country. Yes, the quality of life is dropping and there are fair arguments to make, but let's not jump the shark.
I hope your right, but I feel the winter is going to be very bad . Very high gas , heating oil, and food prices will be devastating. Many will not be prepared, and will be cold and hungry. People will not be tolerate of being cold and hungry. Thats when there one should be concerned for sure. Truly trying times ahead , with a country full of snowflakes.

Just because the shelves LOOK full, doesn't mean there's not shortages. They swap brands and generic things like pizza when they can.. There was a HUGE shortage of Deli Meat products at EVERY Publix in the Nashville area last month. The whole deli case had about 8 choices in it..

And canned/bottled/packaged juice aisles have been sketchy for a month..

And the sliced stuff in the aisles was pretty sparse as well..
Have heard it is happening in places. I figure the bigger the city, the more likely the shortages. I didn't know you were a Nashvillian. Thought you were further east.

If Thanos could just snap his fingers and every Democrat vanished....all of these problems would be gone in a week.

Since that's a fantasy and will never happen......that leaves we The People with the responsibility.
Oh wait.....that'll never happen either.
Oh well. get used to losing everything. If you think that's an exaggeration....visit Venezuela. It's where we Americans are headed.

Not even sure why immigrants are still flocking here. I guess as long as there's still a little bacon fat left in the bottom of the frying pan.
It's just a dangerous here, the leadership is just as tyrannical and shortages are beginning to become real.

It is unbelievable just how quickly Biden and the left have destroyed this country! It‘s like a scavenger for food. For example, I am in a hotel and went downstairs for a soup and a caesar salad. Used to be easy, right?

The first place I stopped (this is all in hotel grounds) had soup but they were OUT OF SALAD. (At 6 pm.) The second place had caesar salad, but they had run out of soup. The third place I went to only had garden salad, and no soup at all. So, I went back to the first place and ordered the soup, and a Diet Pepsi.

They served the soup In a styrofoam cup, with a plastic spoon. I asked for a napkin, and the woman rudely said, “I just TOLD YOU we are out of napkins!” (I didn’t hear her.) Then I was bold and asked for a cup so I didn’t have to drink out of a bottle. Abut nope….they were out of cups, too.

This is where Biden has us: In middle class America, you can’t find soup; you can’t find a salad; you can’t even get a napkin! And the people working are rude as hell.
I am eating bean and cheese burritos I made...

Have heard it is happening in places. I figure the bigger the city, the more likely the shortages. I didn't know you were a Nashvillian. Thought you were further east.

Hillbilly Hollywood. It's in my profile.. LOL.,. The shortages NOW are more a matter of TRANSPORT than of what that simpleton Buttigieg calls supply/demand. And of course, the govt is the problem as usual with stupid regulations on limiting new younger truckers to just INTRASTATE routes and union rules that can be used to bring west coast ports to a standstill.

Did you really think you could support Democrat policies of free everything for the entire world while simultaneously crippling the US economy and NOT eventually face consequences?

Oh, of course you did. You're a Lefty

No, that’s an intentionally misleading misnomer by the Dems. They HAD been credited back against taxes owed, but now people Get the full amount, even if they pay no taxes at all.

For example, let’s say the credit was $2,000 per child, and you had two kids, for a total of $4,000. Now let’s say you owed $3,000. You applied the $4,000 credit against the $3,000 owed - and you paid nothing in taxes.

Now, though, you get the entire INCREASED amount regardless of the taxes. So now it’s $3600 each kid, for $7,200. (Under age 6.) You still owe $3,000. Now instead of the $7,200 wiping out the tax, and then being “done,” you get the $4,200 difference paid to you. That’s more than a “credit”.

Or, consider a woman with no income and two kids. Before, the tax credit meant nothing because.….she paid no taxes. In fact, she GOT benefits, like food stamps and Medicaid. Now she gets an additional $7200 for the two kids, cash money.

This is pure welfare, provided to parents, in order to get more people dependent on government.

It's all designed to bankrupt the middle class (who will be saddled with all this debt and loss of income)

Forum List

Back