Biden has turned this into such a 3rd world country that now napkins are a luxury item

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
It is unbelievable just how quickly Biden and the left have destroyed this country! Itā€˜s like a scavenger for food. For example, I am in a hotel and went downstairs for a soup and a caesar salad. Used to be easy, right?

The first place I stopped (this is all in hotel grounds) had soup but they were OUT OF SALAD. (At 6 pm.) The second place had caesar salad, but they had run out of soup. The third place I went to only had garden salad, and no soup at all. So, I went back to the first place and ordered the soup, and a Diet Pepsi.

They served the soup In a styrofoam cup, with a plastic spoon. I asked for a napkin, and the woman rudely said, ā€œI just TOLD YOU we are out of napkins!ā€ (I didnā€™t hear her.) Then I was bold and asked for a cup so I didnā€™t have to drink out of a bottle. Abut nopeā€¦.they were out of cups, too.

This is where Biden has us: In middle class America, you canā€™t find soup; you canā€™t find a salad; you canā€™t even get a napkin! And the people working are rude as hell.

It is unbelievable just how quickly Biden and the left have destroyed this country! Itā€˜s like a scavenger for food. For example, I am in a hotel and went downstairs for a soup and a caesar salad. Used to be easy, right?

The first place I stopped (this is all in hotel grounds) had soup but they were OUT OF SALAD. (At 6 pm.) The second place had caesar salad, but they had run out of soup. The third place I went to only had garden salad, and no soup at all. So, I went back to the first place and ordered the soup, and a Diet Pepsi.

They served the soup In a styrofoam cup, with a plastic spoon. I asked for a napkin, and the woman rudely said, ā€œI just TOLD YOU we are out of napkins!ā€ (I didnā€™t hear her.) Then I was bold and asked for a cup so I didnā€™t have to drink out of a bottle. Abut nopeā€¦.they were out of cups, too.

This is where Biden has us: In middle class America, you canā€™t find soup; you canā€™t find a salad; you canā€™t even get a napkin! And the people working are rude as hell.
Where?

Yeah, apparently plastic incl. styrofoam is in very short supply. I can't get milk here in Maryland in anything but gallons, which I don't like, heavy to lift. Too little plastic left to make half-gallons. These people can be rude because nobody can fire them: there isn't anyone else.

You want to know precisely where I am? In a 4-star hotel in the Washington, D.C. - Baltimore area.
I'd say they just lost two or three stars from your description. Sounds pretty awful. If you are in Baltimore, watch out about walking around day or night: very dangerous in Baltimore.

I'd talk to corporate travel and be booked someplace better.
PJ went to Kroger here in Jackson, TN last week. No shortages, even on paper products. Frozen foods were full. Produce good. They were even running a sale on Breyer's Ice Cream. Life is good in the Mid-South.

I'd say they just lost two or three stars from your description. Sounds pretty awful. If you are in Baltimore, watch out about walking around day or night: very dangerous in Baltimore.
Thanks. I am still hungry - soup for dinner wasnā€™t enough - and I was thinking of walking to the parking lot, getting in my car, and driving somewhere. But itā€™s dark now and I value my life.

I donā€™t remember ever having to go to bed hungry here in America, but I guess I will tonight. And the hotel has suspended room service becauseā€¦.guess whatā€¦.short-staffed.

Thanks. I am still hungry - soup for dinner wasnā€™t enough - and I was thinking of walking to the parking lot, getting in my car, and driving somewhere. But itā€™s dark now and I value my life.

I donā€™t remember ever having to go to bed hungry here in America, but I guess I will tonight. And the hotel has suspended room service becauseā€¦.guess whatā€¦.short-staffed.
I am not surprised to hear your interesting story, but shocked --- we are having no garbage pickup, shortages in stores, dentists retiring so fast we can't keep a good count, no paper delivery, had to give it up --- still, I'd have thought the hotels would try to maintain some sort of reasonable standards of service!! Cut their coat to fit their cloth, to use a woman's saying. But no, from what you say, they are trying to rake in the customers without providing any sort of decent service.

I wish all this would stop.

Last edited:
I am not surprise to hear your interesting story, but shocked --- we are having no garbage pickup, shortages in stores, dentists retiring so fast we can't keep a good count, no paper delivery, had to give it up --- still, I'd have thought the hotels would try to maintain some sort of reasonable standards of service!! Cut their coat to fit their cloth, to use a woman's saying. But no, from what you say, they are trying to rake in the customers without providing any sort of decent service.

I wish all this would stop.
Exactly correct. The service is absolutely horrible - and I have never been to a place where you canā€™t even get a paper napkin. But what you are experiencing is even worse - no garbage pick-up?

Anyway, I am headed back downstairs to find something else to eat. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll have something - just not what I would ordinarily get. I suppose Iā€™ll have to do what that Wash Post liberal said and just lower my expectations. This is no longer the America I grew up in.

248426364_4479104868802811_2533862063666340161_n.jpg

Exactly correct. The service is absolutely horrible - and I have never been to a place where you canā€™t even get a paper napkin. But what you are experiencing is even worse - no garbage pick-up?

Anyway, I am headed back downstairs to find something else to eat. Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll have something - just not what I would ordinarily get. I suppose Iā€™ll have to do what that Wash Post liberal said and just lower my expectations. This is no longer the America I grew up in.
If Thanos could just snap his fingers and every Democrat vanished....all of these problems would be gone in a week.

Last edited:
But we are getting there. There has been a HUGE drop in lifestyle, and itā€™s going to get worse.
No, we really aren't getting there. Yes, there are problems in this country. Yes, the quality of life is dropping and there are fair arguments to make, but let's not jump the shark.

That's what's called "anecdotal" evidence.

It's just you experiencing these things and somehow you've extrapolated that to the whole country.

Forum List

Back