Biden EPA Announces Toughest-Ever Rules for Power Plant Emissions

excalibur

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2015
The Biden Junta insanity continues. They want everyone in EVs while making certain less electricity at much higher costs will be available.

This is a dimwitted energy policy at best, or a deliberate attempt to destroy the American economy (while opening the borders to millions and millions of illegals) at worst.

Knowing the people involved I go for the latter although I won't rule out they are also crazy.

After weeks of buildup, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) unveiled its strictest-ever rules for power produced using natural gas, coal, and oil that could spur the use of carbon capture technologies.

The standards released on May 11 would affect new and old power infrastructure, including new natural gas turbines and the country’s existing coal fleet. Though the United States still has hundreds of coal plants, the number of such installations has fallen sharply during the past decade.

“We will see some coal retirements,” EPA Administrator Michael Regan told reporters on May 10.

Epoch Times Photo

“The EPA recognizes that even though the combustion of hydrogen is zero-GHG emitting, its production entails a range of GHG emissions, from low to high, depending on the method,” the proposal reads.

The agency claimed that technologies to capture 90 percent of carbon dioxide have become “adequately demonstrated” and “cost reasonable” while realizing “substantial emissions reductions.”

Since when does an unelected agency make laws instead of just carrying them out? I submit these rules are illegal, and will only serve to further drive the price of electricity UP, drive the development and production of electricity DOWN, at the worst possible time just when we most need MORE electricity and more affordable.

It's like the Bidenistas are both hopelessly clueless and incompetent all the while trying its best to wreck the USA.

The Biden Junta insanity continues. They want everyone in EVs while making certain less electricity at much higher costs will be available.

This is a dimwitted energy policy at best, or a deliberate attempt to destroy the American economy (while opening the borders to millions and millions of illegals) at worst.

Knowing the people involved I go for the latter although I won't rule out they are also crazy.

After weeks of buildup, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) unveiled its strictest-ever rules for power produced using natural gas, coal, and oil that could spur the use of carbon capture technologies.

The standards released on May 11 would affect new and old power infrastructure, including new natural gas turbines and the country’s existing coal fleet. Though the United States still has hundreds of coal plants, the number of such installations has fallen sharply during the past decade.

“We will see some coal retirements,” EPA Administrator Michael Regan told reporters on May 10.

Epoch Times Photo

“The EPA recognizes that even though the combustion of hydrogen is zero-GHG emitting, its production entails a range of GHG emissions, from low to high, depending on the method,” the proposal reads.

The agency claimed that technologies to capture 90 percent of carbon dioxide have become “adequately demonstrated” and “cost reasonable” while realizing “substantial emissions reductions.”

Reason 6,974 leftism is a mental disorder.

Epoch Times Photo

One more nail in America's coffin. Gotta give the Marxists credit: They're dedicated, tireless, determined, and driven. When it comes to fulfilling their dream of dominance, total control, and absolute power, they run circles around conservative patriots. They're too busy watching “the game” or drinking some bud or taking trips to Disneyland.

Just thunk of what that will do to our electric bills.

I hope it's an extra hot summer so I can laugh at the poor leftists suffering in the heat :D
They'll only regulate plants in red states. Remember: "Rules for thee but not for we."

Epoch Times Photo

Yep......it isn't about creating more, cheaper, reliable, energy.....this is about limiting energy access to direct the American people into the goals of the democrat party for where we live, what we own, how big our families are.......limited energy forces us to make vastly different life choices, and that is the goal...

Epoch Times Photo

Hilarious fuckup

Green energy employs more people than our legacy pollution ones.

Hilarious fuckup

Green energy employs more people than our legacy pollution ones.

The only way "green energy" can survive is with massive subsidies by federal and state governments.

You cannot run a grid with wind and solar as primary suppliers; batteries are a joke. Meaning Americans are being forced to pay for three power supplies as costs for energy keep rising thanks to Biden and idiots like you.

Epoch Times Photo

Ofc they did, and my power bill already effectively was increased 50%.

Then they're expecting everyone to power vehicles with 50% higher rates on electric bills and like 100%+ Kw/h added?

It's absolute lunacy!

Yep......it isn't about creating more, cheaper, reliable, energy.....this is about limiting energy access to direct the American people into the goals of the democrat party for where we live, what we own, how big our families are.......limited energy forces us to make vastly different life choices, and that is the goal...

Yep, with this crap in the OP, the new rules coming out for appliances, and soon the government will tell EV owners when they can charge their vehicles.

Yep, with this crap in the OP, the new rules coming out for appliances, and soon the government will tell EV owners when they can charge their vehicles.
I think in the end, it's all about control of people moving around.

That and really taking a lot more money out of Americans' pockets.

You'll have to budget cooking. Maybe use all the racks in the oven and cook everything at once as fast as possible.

Once or twice a week only. Cooking dinner after work every day will be too expensive.

These turds are killing The American Dream even more than it's been killed in the past 2 decades.

This is NOT the America I grew up in.

Clotheslines will make a huge return and dryers will only be used by people that can afford it.

Dryers will be for the rich only.

Last edited:

Then they're expecting everyone to power vehicles with 50% higher rates on electric bills and like 100%+ Kw/h added?

It's absolute lunacy!

Con Edison closed 2GW of clean nuclear energy at the behest of Cuomo and Democrats. They've yet to replace even half that power so rates are surging.

The same is happening all over America and if this crap in the OP goes through rates will surge 100% and more and shortages will be guaranteed.

Meanwhile, China, India, and Pakistan are building hundreds of coal-fired power plants.

I think in the end, it's all about control of people moving around.

That and really taking a lot more money out of Americans' pockets.

You'll have to budget cooking.

Getting rid of NG is high on their agenda.

The average person who supports this nonsense are useful idiots for the WEF crowd.

Getting rid of NG is high on their agenda.

The average person who supports this nonsense are useful idiots for the WEF crowd.
Anyone supporting any of this garbage is an absolute moron.

I'll go get me a piece of land and the biggest expense will be the Artesian well and/or either I'll come up with my own

electricity for an electric pump well or do without it, go the Artesian route and whatever I can supply myself without relying on

external sources and largely no electricity whatsoever. There are other ways to do things, and I have the tools (and know-how)

for a lot of them.

Semi-Amish style. The Amish will make out OK, for sure.

I bet I can make an Artesian well happen for around $20k or so.

Last edited:

It's absolute lunacy!

Not to be impolite......

they are not expecting this....what they are planning is to force most people onto public transportation by making sure energy prices are prohibitive for most people.....they plan on reducing access to energy, which will force people to reduce lifestyle choices....in housing, transportation, family size, living location.......

That is the plan.....the two things democrats and leftists believe is that there are two many people on the planet, and that people are destroying the planet.....and the most efficient way to deal with that is to control energy, food, and healthcare...

Not to be impolite......

they are not expecting this....what they are planning is to force most people onto public transportation by making sure energy prices are prohibitive for most people.....they plan on reducing access to energy, which will force people to reduce lifestyle choices....in housing, transportation, family size, living location.......

That is the plan.....the two things democrats and leftists believe is that there are two many people on the planet, and that people are destroying the planet.....and the most efficient way to deal with that is to control energy, food, and healthcare...
There's no decent public transportation here.

BART and NYC public transportation users are at very high risk of being victims of crime.

No. I think I'll get me some horsepower. Train the horse to stomp or kick or bite anyone messing around.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back