Biden DOJ admits they haven't prosecuted a single person for illegally protesting outside SCOTUS justices' homes

Wait, i thought you guys wanted to prosecute Trump for telling people to riot.
I don’t want to do that.

Although incitement has a long history in common law but actually really hard to prosecute.

It hasn't functioned well. Other than the times it shits the bed and puts in someone who the people didn't want (I haven't even discussed JQ Adams and Benjamin Harrison, who were also pretty bad), it distorts democracy.

Instead of presidential candidates focusing on the good of the whole country, they focus on winning over a few swing states. If you lived in MS or IL, you barely knew a presidential election was going on in 2020. All the action happened in the five states that decided it, plus a couple others where Biden or Trump thought they had a chance of flipping. So really, we only had an election in 10 states. Why is Ethanol still a thing? Because we need to keep those corn farmers in Iowa happy.

That in turn, depresses the national vote. Only 66% of eligible voters voted in 2020. No reason why you should. In 2020, I went out and voted. But Biden was going to win IL, no matter what I did, Dick Durbin had token opposition that year, and my Congressman didn't even draw a Republican opponent. (The Libertarian racked up 20% of the vote from the usual inbreds who didn't want to vote for the guy with the funny Indian name.)

It has institutionalized the two party system by making it impossible for a third party to get any traction. Why? because at the end of the day, even though third parties poll well (Perot in 1992, Anderson in 1980) at the end of the day, people know that they aren't going to win. At best, they'll toss the election into congress. And we all whine every year about how we had to choose the lesser of two evils. (Except 2016, when some of you said, "Fuck it, go with the greater evil". )

It disenfranchises voters of color by giving more weight to predominately white states. Which is why the GOP has been about "White Grievance" since 1968. Trump just cranked it up to 11.

What on God's green earth led you to that idiotic conclusion?

Forum List

Back