Biden Blocked Texas from Increasing Power Ahead of Enduring Storm

Crazy Uncle Joe killed more Americans this month than Middle East Muslims.

Bullshit. The gas pipes froze, the windmills froze, the water lines froze all because the governor did not winterize.
and the numerous Texas Govts before him. With that said, they needed more power....that is what this request was about, which the Biden admin destroyed
Not according to the governor.
huh? The Gov said they didn't need more power? quote please
How does my statement translate into the governor saying that they didn't need more power?
Bullshit. The gas pipes froze, the windmills froze, the water lines froze all because the governor did not winterize.
You said not according to the Gov in response to my post.

It wasn't the Gov's job to winterize them.

But yes many of them did, and on top of that you had massive demand....it was an major emergency crisis......sadly when going to the Biden Admin for some help, simple help really, but the Biden Admin instead decided to price gouge the citizens of Texas
That's a lie. He went to Biden for help and Biden gave him what he wanted.
Sure.....Biden said you can have what you want, I know you need it right now, BUT, before you get it you have to go buy power from the DOE, at a marked up rate.....once you exhaust that, then sure, we will waive this for you
Who knows what the fuck is wrong with you?

Biden gives Texas exactly what they ask for, yet here you are, batching at Biden.

:cuckoo:
Going to be long days ahead for you Leftards trying to defend the indefensible. Even longer days when Harris in anointed.
No worries, as long as Trump is out of office. And thanks to Trump, Democrats now control the Executive Branch, House AND Senate.

tenor.gif
Yeah, that’s why the economy is imploding and even California is saying FU to the Democratic Party.
LOLOL

Imploding?? We've yet to see the first GDP report or jobs report under Biden.

And don't forget, Trump handed Biden a recession. Biden needs to clean Trump's mess up.
You mean the mess created by the Chinese Virus and the dem run states that shut down the economy?
LOLOL

Ah, yes, the party of no responsibility.

But here you are, complaining about Biden who responsibly gave Texas exactly what they asked for.

:lmao:
You last point has been completely discredited and proven wrong.

Face it, the economy was booming until the Chinese Virus outbreak....
It's a pity Trump fumbled the ball with coronavirus and led the U.S. to be one of the countries with the most deaths.

and the numerous Texas Govts before him. With that said, they needed more power....that is what this request was about, which the Biden admin destroyed
How does my statement translate into the governor saying that they didn't need more power?

But yes many of them did, and on top of that you had massive demand....it was an major emergency crisis......sadly when going to the Biden Admin for some help, simple help really, but the Biden Admin instead decided to price gouge the citizens of Texas
Sure.....Biden said you can have what you want, I know you need it right now, BUT, before you get it you have to go buy power from the DOE, at a marked up rate.....once you exhaust that, then sure, we will waive this for you

Biden gives Texas exactly what they ask for, yet here you are, batching at Biden.

But you aren't telling the truth....he did not...what I said was 100 percent true....please read the actual Order, which is the subject here.....

Let me ask you, why do you think it was a good idea for Biden to force the State to purchase from the DOE before they would wave the reg?

Do you think the customers are happy that they are now facing massive bills because of the massive cost of doing that?
You're lying. Biden gave them exactly what they asked for and on the same day they asked for it.
Where’s my $2,000?
LOL

Now you're begging for money from the government??

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif
huh? when did I beg or ask for money? not sure where you are getting this from my post. I do feel bad for the customers in Texas that were taken advantage of by the Biden admin with these massive cost.
Exactly how fucked in the head are you? Where did I ever say you begged for money? :cuckoo:

Post #244.....

LOL

Now you're begging for money from the government??

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif
Holy shit.

That post wasn't to you.

face-palm-gif.278959
Interesting, you quoted me, and said "Now you're begging..."

Who am I suppose to think you are addressing?
I would assume you'd know i was talking to the poster I replied to. Is that too difficult for ya?

Here is the Order: https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2021/02/f82/DOE 202(c) Emergency Order - ERCOT 02.14.2021.pdf

They had to exhaust all reasonable and practically available resources first.....including purchasing from DOE....

It says 100 percent what I said
Actually it says that ERCOT can run the plants to capacity for reliability purposes. Even if they exceed EPA limits, that DOE suspended from Feb 14 to the 19.

" B. To minimize adverse environmental impacts, this Order limits operation of dispatched units to the times and within the parameters determined by ERCOT for reliability purposes. Consistent with good utility practice, ERCOT shall exhaust all reasonably and practically available resources, including available import"

Read the sentence right after that......ERCOT shall exhaust ALL reasonably and practicaly available resources INCLUDING AVAILABLE IMPORTS

Like I said before they could take advantage of the wavier, they had to import power first, and exhaust all other resources.

Geez....the Order is crystal clear.....why are you all running from?

It was booming until Trump totally mishandled the response.

Instead of confronting the problem. Trump pretended there was no problem. Only to have it bite him in the ass. And 500,000 deaths later, we're still cleaning up Trumps mess.

Going to be long days ahead for you Leftards trying to defend the indefensible. Even longer days when Harris in anointed.
No worries, as long as Trump is out of office. And thanks to Trump, Democrats now control the Executive Branch, House AND Senate.

tenor.gif
Yeah, that’s why the economy is imploding and even California is saying FU to the Democratic Party.
LOLOL

And don't forget, Trump handed Biden a recession. Biden needs to clean Trump's mess up.
You mean the mess created by the Chinese Virus and the dem run states that shut down the economy?
LOLOL

But here you are, complaining about Biden who responsibly gave Texas exactly what they asked for.

It's a pity Trump fumbled the ball with coronavirus and led the U.S. to be one of the countries with the most deaths.
He certainly made some mistakes....but nothing compared to NY and the Govs that decided to spread fear and lock down businesses

" B. To minimize adverse environmental impacts, this Order limits operation of dispatched units to the times and within the parameters determined by ERCOT for reliability purposes.

To show you how wrong you are. Let's just put that same order into a context that's easier for you to understand.

If you got permission to drive your car "within the parameters determined BY YOU", you could ignore the speed limits.

Just as ERCOT determined how much over the EPA limit they could drive their generating plants.

I do feel bad for the customers in Texas that were taken advantage of by the Biden admin with these massive cost.
Responsibility for the massive costs cannot be foisted onto the Biden administration by dishonest hyper-partisans.

ERCOT’s wholesale prices will occasionally spike to very high levels, and customers who get their power through market-based contracts have to pay those high prices. But price spikes don’t normally last for very long - typically for a few hours and mostly during the summer. And they can have some benefit, since they give electric retailers opportunities to inform customers about the value of energy conservation.​
That was how the Texas electricity market was supposed to work. It was not designed for the severe and sustained shortages that arrived with the cold wave...

... In sum, the sky-high electric bills in Texas are partly due to a deregulated electricity system that allowed volatile wholesale costs to be passed directly to some consumers. If prices in the Texas retail market had remained regulated, utilities and their regulators would likely have figured out some way to spread those high electric costs out over time instead of hitting customers all at once. But the state public utility commission also contributed by setting the ERCOT price at $9,000 per megawatt-hour and keeping it there for a week, ensuring that bills for some Texans would skyrocket....

The lie that was initially promulgated by Texas politicians and media stooges that the disaster was attributable to clean energy was thoroughly refuted, and so they are attempting other lies to escape the consequences of the damning truth.

The reality is that the Texas energy production system - in which wind turbines contribute a 13% percentage - largely included nuclear plants, coal plants and thermal energy generators. All were vulnerable to the weather due to a lack of preparedness, a failure to establish integration with the out-of-state grids, and the de-regulated approach that allowed the volatile costs to be passed onto customers.

I call BULLSHIT

pants-fire

"Look!!! I found a leftist site that told me I could disbelieve it, and all I need to know are my marching orders!!!"

You found a fact checking website, that looked into all of the claims that you’re making, and found them to be utterly and completely false.

What are marching orders? Do you mean the daily talking points that you folks get about the things you’re going to be pushing today here.

You’re like a hive mind. Every day the Trump cult comes here and push is some conspiracy theory or attack on Democrats. And it’s all based on lies.

The fact that you are all telling the exact same lies in the exact same way leads us to believe that you’re coordinating on pushing these lies.

You may be stupid and gullible enough to fall for this bullshit but the vast majority of citizens or not.

No, I found a bunch of leftist hacks, playing at being a "fact-checking site", and I treated them with almost as much disdain as I treat your "I really must interfere in countries that aren't mine, and instruct them on how to conduct their busines to suit my foreign ass, despite the fact that no one cares what I think" self.

Didn't really bother to read past the first sentence, and the fact that it's you, as usual. Lecture as much as you want about what you "know" from your media masters' talking points. I'm always going to assume, "LizardBitch wrote it, it's dribbling nonsense based on propaganda".

Read the sentence right after that......ERCOT shall exhaust ALL reasonably and practicaly available resources INCLUDING AVAILABLE IMPORTS

Texas isn't connected to the western power grid, and the only available imports are from Mexico, which is what was urged they do. But not a requirement if doing so wasn't practical, which was to be determined by ERCOT, not DOE.

Nonsense and you know it, so stop deflecting.
Coronavirus Scams and Price Gouging | TexasLawHelp.org ...
texaslawhelp.org › article › coronavirus-scams-and-pric...

Lone Star Legal Aid has created this consumer FAQ on price gouging, door-to-door ... The Supreme Court Texas is aware of scam callers falsely claiming the Supreme Court of ... The U.S. Department of Justice has information on combatting fraud here. ... Some peoplemight try to take advantage of you in your time of need.
I am not talking about Covid stuff....this is about the electric bills....and no, the order made clear they had to purchase from the DOE before the reg would be lifted

The DOE has nothing to do with the Texas grid. Please stop lying. You’re not fooling anyone

"The DOE in your country has nothing to do with the Texas grid, I KNOW that's a fact from thousands of miles away in another country because I WANT TO BELIEVE IT."

If you weren't so busy being an expert on countries you're not part of - and if you weren't less intelligent than a month-old corpse - you would know what a fucking fool you just made of yourself, telling us that the US Department of Energy somehow has absolutely no control or influence over a US state's energy system.

Isn't there a couch and a bag of Cheetos waiting for you somewhere? Stick to what's on your intellectual level.

The reality is that the Texas energy production system - in which wind turbines contribute a 13% percentage - largely included nuclear plants, coal plants and thermal energy generators. All were vulnerable to the weather due to a lack of preparedness, a failure to establish integration with the out-of-state grids, and the de-regulated approach that allowed the volatile costs to be passed onto customers.

Texans love deregulation. As Ted Cruz pointed out, it resulted in some of the lowest electric rates in the country. But being unregulated it meant that those rates were supply and demand generated. With only an absurd limit ($900 / KWh) placed on the top side.

That cost driven model meant utilities strived to cut costs wherever they could. Which lead to their failure to winterize their infrastructure. Which would have been an added cost.

Nonsense and you know it, so stop deflecting.
Coronavirus Scams and Price Gouging | TexasLawHelp.org ...
texaslawhelp.org › article › coronavirus-scams-and-pric...

Lone Star Legal Aid has created this consumer FAQ on price gouging, door-to-door ... The Supreme Court Texas is aware of scam callers falsely claiming the Supreme Court of ... The U.S. Department of Justice has information on combatting fraud here. ... Some peoplemight try to take advantage of you in your time of need.
I am not talking about Covid stuff....this is about the electric bills....and no, the order made clear they had to purchase from the DOE before the reg would be lifted

The DOE has nothing to do with the Texas grid. Please stop lying. You’re not fooling anyone
Um they why did they have to make a request to them to lift a reguation? The DOE has a lot to do with the FERC, who they required Texas to buy from before they could wave the reg in question.

We’ve posted the link after link after link backing up everything we’ve posted. You stand there like a petulant child screaming “Lies, lies, lies!” Where is your proof that everyone is lying but you?

Back up your shit. Because all you are at this point it’s just some fool, howling at the moon “it’s the Democrat! It’s the Democrats!! The Democrats!”

Democrats have been cleaning up your shit since Reagan was in office. The only thing Republicans do is to run the economy and everything else they touch, into the ground and crash it.

"I showed you all the talking points from my masters that assured me I knew more about what's going on in another country better than the people actually there, so how can you keep disagreeing with me?!"

All you've ever been is some fool, howling at the moon, "You should run your country to suit what I like!! Bow to the Democrats the way I do, because they tell me I'm a good person despite being a useless, ignorant, evil piece of shit!!!"

tenor.gif
LOLOL

LOLOL

He certainly made some mistakes....but nothing compared to NY and the Govs that decided to spread fear and lock down businesses
Holy shit. :eusa_doh:

The problems with coronavirus are nationwide. Only one person leads the country. That person is responsible for the country. Cuomo is responsible only for New York.

But g'head, keep deflecting responsibility from Trump as president while you kvetch about Biden as president for failing responsibility even though he gave Texas exactly what they asked for.

"The DOE in your country has nothing to do with the Texas grid, I KNOW that's a fact from thousands of miles away in another country because I WANT TO BELIEVE IT."

The FERC, which regulates the countries electric utilities (except Texas) has primary regulatory control over the nations power distribution systems.

Texas, in order to escape federal regulation, did not connect their electric grid "across state lines" ie into "interstate commerce", which can be regulated by congress

But I thought the Texas Power Grid didn't answer to fed regulations? Someone explain.
As the electricity in texas doesn't cross state lines, their power grid isn't regulated by the federal government.

As air pollution crosses state lines, their emissions are regulated by the EPA.

But I thought the Texas Power Grid didn't answer to fed regulations? Someone explain.
Whoever claimed that is a moron.

Forum List

Back