Biden and the Dems are harming the hard-working middle class

And P.S. I also worked for the government - for one year. I couldnā€™t stand it. Redundant workers - easily half could be let go - and unbelievable waste. Everyone around me was mediocre, and ended up putting in perhaps two hours of real work a day. Most of them would never have lasted in private industry.

I decided that I wanted my talents utilized, and to feel that I was contributing. I left for private industry, where the people around me were skilled, worked hard, and I left each day feeling I accomplished something. I eventually left and formed my own business, and loved it.

Does that mean I am sorry I left government? Not at all. I had too much talent to waste, and didnā€™t want to go through the motions of ā€œworking.ā€ That doesnā€™t mean I canā€™t speak up against the scam being run by government employees, and retirees. Itā€™s shameful.

NJ is a beautiful place to live, if you can afford it
I live on the Jersey Shore about ten miles from the beach. We have beautiful state and county parks with many affordable golf courses. We have great restaurants, entertainment and are within an hour of NYC and Philadelphia.
You can afford it because other people are funding your retirement.

OMG. Youā€™re even worse than I thought. Youā€™re collecting a six-figure pension and then contracting back for another small fortune.

And you are demonstrating why America will fail, if we donā€™t stop your kind. You SMIRK at the hard-working middle class, who lead responsible and successful lives, while defending more and more handouts for the lazy failures.

Donā€˜t you EVER get on your sanctimonious high horse with me, pretending to care about people. You care only for irrresponsible, lazy people who, like you, feel no guilt sucking off of other peopleā€™s money while proudly claiming how much pleasure you get from seeing the middle class have a hard time.

Disgusting. You represent the anthesis of what made this country great.

Thank you

Choosing to work for the Government was the best decision I ever made in my life. I did great, interesting work, travelled around the country and saved thousands of lives with the military equipment I was testing.

Those in the private sector with similar jobs made more money, got annual bonuses and were offered profit sharing.

What I got was the promise of a future pension and job security.

I won

You can afford it because other people are funding your retirement.
Yes, life is good

The way my pension was designed to work was I paid 7 percent of my salary and the government paid 7 percent.

While I contributed my 7 percent, the government never kicked in their 7 percent. So, yes, the taxpayer is now funding my retirement

Yes, life is good

The way my pension was designed to work was I paid 7 percent of my salary and the government paid 7 percent.

While I contributed my 7 percent, the government never kicked in their 7 percent. So, yes, the taxpayer is now funding my retirement
So youā€™re just like the low-income, living off taxpayer money. Now I understand why you are so defensive of people living off other peopleā€™s hard work, and so demeaning toward people who are responsible for themselves.

NJ is a beautiful place to live, if you can afford it
I live on the Jersey Shore about ten miles from the beach. We have beautiful state and county parks with many affordable golf courses. We have great restaurants, entertainment and are within an hour of NYC and Philadelphia.

The only reason people go to the Jersey shore is because it is convenient. The beaches I routinely visit are on another level. The weather sucks in NJ, the taxes are outrageous and the beauty is nowhere near where I live in the South. I briefly lived in a ā€œbeautifulā€ affluent area of NJ outside of NYC when I graduated from college. All I could think of is that these people donā€™t have a clue what beautiful is and what an affluent area is supposed to look like.

So youā€™re just like the low-income, living off taxpayer money. Now I understand why you are so defensive of people living off other peopleā€™s hard work, and so demeaning toward people who are responsible for themselves.

Not my problem if the Government didnā€™t kick in their 7 percent for my pension. I paid mine

In the mid 90s, the Government got wise and required agencies to fully fund their pensions.

Yes, life is good

And you think that is a good thIng that the taxpayer is funding your retirement? I see why you are a lefty. It makes perfect sense.

And you think that is a good thIng that the taxpayer is funding your retirement? I see why you are a lefty. It makes perfect sense.
Yes, I do
It was an obligation earned over 35 years

Like I said, I see why you are a lefty. It is a mindset that you canā€™t shake.
Yup. They feel entitled because taxpayers are ā€œobligatedā€ to pay.

The government should abolish the defined benefits pension entirely, and switch to a 403B, like every company did.

Letā€™s get this straight.
Yeah, "straight" from RWNJ's?
Biden completely flubs the Afghanistan withdrawal emboldening our enemies.
That was Trump.
Biden didn't release over 5000 Taliban, that was Trump.
China is teasing to take Taiwan. Russia is poised to take over the Ukraine. N. Korea is testing missiles that can reach the US every week. Iran is on the verge of having a nuclear weapon. What does Biden do?
Taking care of it.
He drops sanctions on Nord Stream which benefits Russia meanwhile not allowing pipelines in the US.
Trump had sanctions on Nord Stream for two years and didn't do shit, Trump never enforced them, the building continued for two years uninterrupted.

Biden dropped sanctions in May 2021, Nord Stream was completed in June 2021.
So, of course, the Trump cult blames Biden but not a peep from them about Trump's feckless "sanctions".
Not surprisingly, Germany isnā€™t too keen on helping NATO with the Russian threat to Ukraine because they donā€™t want to lose the oil that will flow from Nord Stream.
It's natural gas, not oil.
Iran is on the verge of having nuclear weapons and Biden decided to remove sanctionsā€¦or as the left wing media puts it ā€œrestore Iran sanctions waiver.ā€ Nothing like spinning the headline to trick the lemmings.
YES, so, Iran can be inspected.
Trump could GAF.
Biden is an absolute disaster on all fronts. Anyone that is actually paying attention can see this.
Of course, if you pay "attention" to Trump, Carlson, Hannity, or their cult.

Like I said, I see why you are a lefty. It is a mindset that you canā€™t shake.

Yes life is good for those who chose Government service

Back in the late 70s, when I chose to work for the Navy, all they could offer was interesting work, job security, a so,so healthcare plan and a pension in 35 years

My fellow graduates who went to work for solid companies like Kodak, Xerox and RCA. They were offered not only a higher salary, a company pension, profit sharing and sizable annual bonuses.

Within 15 years, those solid companies folded and they got nothing.

Sometimes, you choose the right path in life

That was Trump.
Biden didn't release over 5000 Taliban, that was Trump.
No, that was Biden. The reason many other presidentā€™s didnā€™t leave is because it is more complicated than just telling your forces to pack up. We left a multi-billion dollar base for the Chinese to take over and we opened up trade for China with the Taliban and their plethora of rare earth metals. We essentially funded the Taliban. Other presidents were smart enough to recognize thisā€¦not Biden.

Taking care of it.

Uh huh.

Trump had sanctions on Nord Stream for two years and didn't do shit, Trump never enforced them, the building continued for two years uninterrupted.

Biden dropped sanctions in May 2021, Nord Stream was completed in June 2021.
So, of course, the Trump cult blames Biden but not a peep from them about Trump's feckless "sanctions".

From May of 2021. Amazing just how prophetic this is given what is going on now in the Ukraine. You are a typical one-step thinker Democrat.

Michael McCaul, the top-ranking House Republican on foreign affairs, said: "If the Putin regime is allowed to finish this pipeline, it will be because the Biden Administration chose to let it happen."
He added: "It is a Russian malign influence project that threatens to deepen Europe's energy dependence on Moscow, render Ukraine more vulnerable to Russian aggression and provide billions of dollars to Putin's coffers."

It's natural gas, not oil.

Yes, same result.

YES, so, Iran can be inspected.
Trump could GAF.

Sure, because like good terorrists, they will allow for full inspections. They laugh behind closed doors at just how gullible this administration is.

Of course, if you pay "attention" to Trump, Carlson, Hannity, or their cult

No, it is called actually thinking for yourself instead of being spoon fed from the MSM. That is clearly where you get your ideas. They are short-sighted and not well thought through.

Camden, N.J. circa 1970.....Camden, N.J. circa 2020....the same only government has spent endless resources with the private side held to blackmail to ass more and donations from the peasants also. Tell us how you would eliminate this. I had cousins killed with the drugs in Camden.
Camden, NJ

Once the home of Campbell Soup and right across the river from Philadelphia. They prospered up till the 1960s. Then Campbell left and other business followed leaving Camden as a shell.
The state tried to pump money into Camden and built the Aquarium and Battleship NJ to try to revitalize it.
Didnā€™t work and Camden is a hellhole

Sometimes, you choose the right path in life

I agree on that, however, continuing to support such a system which is a drag on those working in the private sector is wrong. I am not saying that your pension should be affected as you were promised something and you expect to get it, but what I am saying is that going forward this is not a system that people should support if they want the US to continue to flourish.

Seems things are going great to me. Retirees I know that are democrats say they are actually doing better now in this economy. All the handouts are working excellent my wife who works at fast food and her co-workers love the handouts, I say American needs more handouts. Tax the rich and give handouts to those in lower income brackets, best way to fix it. Keep the handouts rolling.
Are you and your wife so utterly clueless that you haven't figured out yet that the small wage increases she got have been totally eaten up by inflation? Things are going "great"? You've got to be kidding! Your rent is up. The price of gas for your vehicle is up. The prices for your groceries are up. Inflation is basically a "tax" on everyone, Scorpio...but it hits the poor harder than anyone else. Educate yourself or you'll ALWAYS need handouts!

Yes, I am enjoying my generous retirement while I smirk at those who were shafted in their own retirement plans

I remember when I accepted my Government job in the late 70s fresh out of College. My fellow grads were taking jobs with IBM, Bell Labs, Kodak, Xerox and mocked me for choosing to work for the Government. The Government was offering me thousands less in salary and all they could offer was that I could retire at 55 with a good pension.

By the the 90s, I was a low level supervisor making around $72,000 a year. I was desperately trying to hire engineers who had Comms and Dot Com jobs paying just under $100K. They laughed at my job offer and all I could tell them was the Government had a great pension, job stability and good benefits. When the Dot Comms crashedā€¦.they were begging for Government jobs

So, I retired at 55 at 2/3 pay and continued to work as a Government Contractor. I am now fully retired and living off a generous pension

Do I feel guilty about all those who do not have a pension as good as mine?
Not for a minute
In twenty years you'd gone from an entry level job with the government to a "low level supervisor" job with the government? Yeah...you're a real "go getter", Winger! That's the same as someone starting in the military out of a service academy as a Lt. and after twenty years making it all the way to Captain! That tells me all I need to know about how good you were at your job.

I agree on that, however, continuing to support such a system which is a drag on those working in the private sector is wrong. I am not saying that your pension should be affected as you were promised something and you expect to get it, but what I am saying is that going forward this is not a system that people should support if they want the US to continue to flourish.
The sad reality is that the private sector has turned on its employees.

It used to be that they valued loyalty and offered wages and benefits to encourage employees to stay.
But the private sector turned to worshiping short term profits over long term prosperity. Workers became expendable and as soon as there was a lag in workload, you were released.

The private sector worships job insecurity to make workers afraid for their jobs and pits worker against worker.

Forum List

Back