Betty White, who does she think she is anyway?

I did not understand it either. She was just "there". She was not even on the "D" list. The game shows kept her known as was starting to age. Then she got old enough to be more lovable with her nasty mouth. On Mary Tyler Moore she was the worst character. She looked the way the character was. However on The Golden Girls she was getting old and the sweet act played well with people. She did not get along with Bea Arthur. So behind the scenes may have been different.
Not surprised by that…Bea comes across as a mean, entitled person

Not as talented? MTM wrote the book on talent. She could sing, dance, and crack jokes. She was beautiful. She opened the door to women everywhere in the TV industry. They named streets after her.

I can't honestly name one talent that White had. Someone please show me a picture of White ever singing or dancing!
So what happened Mary's rack? She was pretty stacked in the Dick Van Dyke Show, and they just disappeared.

Yea, I know, she just passed away. RIP. And I know, I'm a tad bit late talking about it.

But it got me thinking, how on God's green earth did Betty manage to, not only live 99 years, but live all that time and be loved by everyone? It makes no sense.

I can't find or recall anyone saying one bad thing about her?

WTH?

View attachment 583178
She had white privilege…get it….he he

jbrownson0831
She was great. I loved that woman. Saw her in quite a few movies and of course TV shows. She sure wasn't a weeping violet. Had a mouth on her too.

RIP You will be missed.

I personally never liked her in anything she ever did from TV to game shows. I never found her funny, entertaining, likable, intelligent, witty, or sexy. For the life of me, I never could see anyone wanting to jump her bones, despite the constant allusion that she was somehow a cougar maneater with half a dozen men, etc., on the side. She even married Alan Ludden, about the most boring, unsexy guy alive.

All she had was her stupid smile.
betty-white-in-her-30s.jpg

I didn't know the Golden Girls show all that well, but one thing that I have always wondered about it is why Sophia is not shown during the theme song's final scene. Instead, only the other three ladies are there. To me, all four of them should've been in that final shot.

God bless you and their families always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back