Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smokey Robinson

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Elton John

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other (too many to list!)

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters
Since my previous message in this chat is about a singer who is still here, this one from me here is about my most favorite male who isn't here anymore and that is country music's beautiful precious named Billy Joe Royal.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. When I was a kid, I heard a fair deal of his material, but sadly I didn't know who I was really missing out on all of this time until his going forward on October 6th and I couldn't be anymore ashamed of how late I am, I love him so much!!!

Not well known here in the States but Russell Watson is also very very good, and still kicking around over in the UK somewhere despite some serious health issues a few years ago. His debut album The Voice is among my favorites. Does classical and crossovers. Forgot about him in my earlier post, to my shame. I think he's better than Groban. He's only toured once in the States as far as I know, and that was a long while ago.

Not on ur list, but Billy Joel is my idol. And I think he has a great voice.

Here's me, playing Billy... But i can't sing well, so it's just the piano... :) Trust the link below. I've been playing piano for 42 years.

Playing: Got To Begin Again - Steinway Grand Piano.mp3 - picosong

I'll give examples of great voice by Billy if requested. But I don't think it's necessary.
Great song from the Cold Spring Harbor album. One of my favorites by him.

No effects necessary w Billy... He has such a great voice.... I'll put some Billy Xmas stuff up, if you like.

Not on ur list, but Billy Joel is my idol. And I think he has a great voice.

Here's me, playing Billy... But i can't sing well, so it's just the piano... :) Trust the link below. I've been playing piano for 42 years.

Playing: Got To Begin Again - Steinway Grand Piano.mp3 - picosong

I'll give examples of great voice by Billy if requested. But I don't think it's necessary.
Great song from the Cold Spring Harbor album. One of my favorites by him.

Thank you, I play some others from there. :)

Here's Nocturne....

gimme a minute to upload...

Playing: Nocturne - Steinway Grand Piano.mp3 - picosong

This is meant to sound the way it does. It's beautiful! An old scratchy record... :)

And if anything else is necessary to desribe Billy's vocals, here's him doing Sir Paul (one of my other idols). This gives me shivers every time I listen to it... And I play it, and actually sing it too.

Not on the list:
Martin Fry of ABC
or lesser known in the States:
"Billy" Mackenzie of the Associates.

Forum List

Back