• Zaxbys

• Churchs

• Popeyes

• Chick fil a

• Buffalo Wild Wings

• Wendy's

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here in Texas as far as fast food fried chicken I gotta go with Hartz.
Fried okra,mashed taters and their yeast rolls!!!
As noted, there are alternatives to the above being voted on. I just wished American's on whole would realize this again. Of course like anything with media support, and an ad campaign second to none, we end up brainwashed, limited in our choices, and abused once the corporations become a monopoly we have to deal with. Wake up America.

Itchy-butt-Chicken...

https://www.yelp.com/biz/itchy-butt-honolulu-2

o.jpg

Last edited:
Here in Texas as far as fast food fried chicken I gotta go with Hartz.
Fried okra,mashed taters and their yeast rolls!!!
As noted, there are alternatives to the above being voted on. I just wished American's on whole would realize this again. Of course like anything with media support, and an ad campaign second to none, we end up brainwashed, limited in our choices, and abused once the corporations become a monopoly we have to deal with. Wake up America.

I like my fried chicken over any establishments.
But I HATE cleaning up the forken mess it makes!!!
I usually do the cooking and wife does the clean up.
She has staged a revolt when it comes to cleaning up after I make fried chicken....cant say that I blame her.

View attachment 285881 No Raising Canes on the vote?
Those are the best chicken tenders.

Good quality chicken but I hate the seasoning they put on em.

I don't know how or why people eat fast food fried chicken. Maybe I am just lucky to have a few great bars that serve great homemade style fried chicken platters with all the fixings. One bar makes homemade biscuits and the other one makes homemade pies. So, it kind of depends on whether you are in a mood for biscuits or pie.

I don't know how or why people eat fast food fried chicken. Maybe I am just lucky to have a few great bars that serve great homemade style fried chicken platters with all the fixings. One bar makes homemade biscuits and the other on makes homemade pies. So, it kind of depends on whether you are in a mood for biscuits or pie.

Well the subject was fast food...
There are definitely better places around Houston and Katy that aren't chains.
My own kitchen being one of them.

I don't know how or why people eat fast food fried chicken. Maybe I am just lucky to have a few great bars that serve great homemade style fried chicken platters with all the fixings. One bar makes homemade biscuits and the other one makes homemade pies. So, it kind of depends on whether you are in a mood for biscuits or pie.

I met my first wife in a Bar... I try to stay out of them...

I don't know how or why people eat fast food fried chicken. Maybe I am just lucky to have a few great bars that serve great homemade style fried chicken platters with all the fixings. One bar makes homemade biscuits and the other on makes homemade pies. So, it kind of depends on whether you are in a mood for biscuits or pie.

Do you by any chance use corn starch in your breading?

Do you by any chance use corn starch in your breading?

Nope.
I make several different recipes though. From spicy to your typical fried chicken.
Brining over night makes all the difference,followed by a soak in butter milk.

Michelle Obama persuaded KFC to remove all trans-fats from their product about 15 years back. After that, it tasted like shit probably would.

So for now, Popeyes. Never had Chick-Fil-A, there's one opening soon here.

KFC is hanging in there based upon their original recipe, but I'm not impressed with their choice of chickens or chicken processing plants that break the bones of the chicken upon handling them. When biting into a chicken wing or leg, and the bones are broken, it turns me off on buying products from such outlets.
I don't think the bones get broken at the chicken processing plant. I think that's just disinformation propagated by PETA or some other animal rights group.

When I was a teenager I worked at KFC cooking chicken for a while. I remember on my first day the manager showed me how to break the thigh bone. There is two bones in a chicken thigh and before I breaded each thigh I would just hyper-extend the joint backwards until I heard a crack.

The reason for this is because it would cut the femoral artery (they called it a "blood vein"). They explained to me that if you don't cut that artery before you fry it, some blood could remain in it and give the customer the false impression that the chicken was undercooked when they saw the blood come out of the chicken when they bit into it.

I've never been to 1/2 those dives , and don't need to

I can interview din din in my back yard

and here's a heads up for you fast food freaks, most of you wouldn't like natural chicken , in fact you'd probably (many do) start to question it

that's because you're used to processed chicken

~S~

I picked Chik-fil-A because I was always fond of their chicken nuggets dipped in that amber-colored dipping sauce. But it's tied with KFC for me because I always loved KFC's chicken thigh dinner with hot mashed potato/gravy and coleslaw side dishes. I could have picked either one as a favorite, for various different reasons. I guess you could say it's a "chicken-flavored" apples & oranges comparison for me.

If in Chicago its Browns chicken for me, ya know I lived in the south for 14 years and i never did find a good friend chicken place.

Forum List

Back