Best crock pot roast EVER!!

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
Someone here gave the recipe in one of the threads and I think it was Wolfsister? And I don't remember the thread.

Anywho...you get a 4 to 5 lbs roast and plop it in the crock pot. Add one DRY pkg each of brown gravy, italian dressing mix, ranch dressing mix. DRY packets, remember. Then mix the dry mixes together and sprinkle evenly all over the roast..top and bottom. Then add 1/2 cup of water and crock that baby for 7 hours. omg.

That is all I can say. omg.:eusa_clap:

It might be even better if you brown the roast first. Adds a little flavor and looks better, imo.

Variation:

Using a good size prime rib make up the same dry mixture. Moisten the roast and rub it thoroughly with the dry mix. Make sure it's very well coated.

Turn your oven up to its maximum - some will go up to 550 - and let it get up to that temperature.

Pop the roast in (on a middle shelf, use a metal pan* but not a very deep one). Pop it in quickly and get the door closed fast. Let the oven come up to temperature again and then TURN IT OFF.

Leave the roast in until the oven has cooled down. Important that you not open the door; if you have a glass window in the oven, fine to look but DO NOT open it until you're ready to take the roast out.

Incredibly good and not at all dry but with a wonderfully crisp crust.

Only negative? You WILL have to clean the oven afterward.

* I use one of those throwaway aluminum pans like you get on sale right after Thanksgiving when nobody wants 'em for turkeys anymore. Easier to throw the pan out at the end instead of working for hours to clean a good one.

Variation:

Using a good size prime rib make up the same dry mixture. Moisten the roast and rub it thoroughly with the dry mix. Make sure it's very well coated.

Turn your oven up to its maximum - some will go up to 550 - and let it get up to that temperature.

Pop the roast in (on a middle shelf, use a metal pan* but not a very deep one). Pop it in quickly and get the door closed fast. Let the oven come up to temperature again and then TURN IT OFF.

Leave the roast in until the oven has cooled down. Important that you not open the door; if you have a glass window in the oven, fine to look but DO NOT open it until you're ready to take the roast out.

Incredibly good and not at all dry but with a wonderfully crisp crust.

Only negative? You WILL have to clean the oven afterward.

* I use one of those throwaway aluminum pans like you get on sale right after Thanksgiving when nobody wants 'em for turkeys anymore. Easier to throw the pan out at the end instead of working for hours to clean a good one.

I think what made it taste SOOOO damn good was the ranch dressing combined with the italian dressing. It was so good, we used the leftover juice in tonights meatballs with spaghetti. That was the best roast (and I hate roast. I shredded mine and popped it in a corn tortilla) and the best meatballs tonight EVER.

[MENTION=38281]Wolfsister77[/MENTION]

was it you that gave that recipe? Might have been in CS or Cheers...or Wakes?

Last edited:
It was DELISH!!! Even better shredded up and slapped on bread with the juice as Au Jus as a dipper..or in corn tortillas. And..in meatballs!

Forum List

Back