Best Concert You’ve Been To

Oh, man, Hells Angels are spread out pretty good but, according to the HA website, they don't have chapters in any of the states you mention: Hells Angels Chapters USA.

You won't find them here in Florida, either. This is an Outlaw MC state...

The US Festival is the only time I ever saw them...

Man, back in the 70's and early 80's no one cared if concert goers brought cameras. I had one with me at the US Festival, but those photos were lost a long, long time ago.

Nowadays you can't get a decent camera into a venue unless you're credentialed. I used to do tour photography for Eddie Money, Barenaked Ladies, Goo Goo Dolls and others, and you can't get through the gate with much more than a cell phone if you don't have a photo credential. And "the pit" in front of the stage? Yeah, you'd better have a real camera unless you're Johnny Rzeznik's cousin...
I mean they're incognito whereas they don't have Hells Angels on the back of their jackets anymore but it's sort of like the mafia going legitimate .....that's for real.

My first concert was strawberry fields rock festival OMG, Canada's Woodstock 1970. We had the best parking spot in the red campmobile, the only car you could watch the concert from, right on the drug intersection next to the Penn State free hugs.....First night band, Jethro Tull. All the Hell's angels et cetera left together the first afternoon so it was pretty darn groovy lol....

Best regular concert was the first one. It was December 1970, the Grateful Dead at the University of Rochester gym with about 1500 people. There were no seats (it was the good old days) on the floor, so I was like 8 feet away, tall guy, they were on a 2 foot high stage. First you had the new riders of the purple sage for an hour, then the Grateful Dead for four hours, then Jefferson Airplane were playing at the big Rochester auditorium, they came over and jammed for an hour and a half oh OMG RRR....First song, Good Lovin'...."Doctor, doctor, Mr. MD, lol....

Also loved the Marshall Tucker Leonard Skynyrd concert at the Rochester Dome 1976, the year everybody got divorced freedom etcetera, and I got Lynyrd Skynyrd to play give me three steps all by myself. Half the place went free bird, then half the place said yelled sweet home Alabama, the encores. I yelled out give me three steps and the lead singer said you got it and pointed at me but I had already fallen over backwards so he was pointing at a hole in the audience.....etc...

Last edited:
Georgia Jam, Atlanta Ga. August 1974, Alman Brothers, Marshall Tucker, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and a couple others I forgot.'
Greg Alman over dosed on their 1st song and was carried off stage on a stretcher, but the rest more than made up for it.

1666479256876.png

Forum List

Back