Best Concert You’ve Been To

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
TSO puts on a fantastic show. Bob Seger knows how to rock. Fleetwood Mac has the tunes. Johnny Cash has the voice. But I’ll always remember the ELO/Journey concert in 78.
EFA27106-657B-41BB-B3C3-E8F64F8736E0.jpeg

(Not my ticket, I wasn’t that smart to save it)

16th row for Led Zeppelin
( and maybe wasn't the best musically and everything but under the circumstances being a 16-year-old kid with my 17-year-old girlfriend Marge on some purple stuff made it pretty special) I have very vivid memories of it too.... I think some people call 'em flashbacks.

That said, I just pound for pound this was my best concert.
R (13).jpeg

Scorpions opened the show ( last minute addition)

Last edited:
Oddly enough Glen Campbell and the Charlie Daniels Band back in the mid-80s.

We went to Dollywood and the night before they had a power outage so the CDB did not get to play and Glen Campbell was scheduled.

The CDB asked Glen if they could play to fulfill their obligation and he agreed.....It was a "two-fer" concert with Glen even joining in at times and vice-versa. You could tell they were having a ball on stage.

We just sorta walked in on it as I had no idea who was playing that evening. Talk about getting your money's worth and then some!

Alison Krauss and Union Station in January of 2005 at the Tennessee Theater in Knoxville was my best. They sang for almost two and a half hours and what made their show so awesome is that it wasn't just about the songs that are done. It was also about what was said in between them. If you watch their live DVD which was released 20 years ago actually, what you see there is what you will also get even when the cameras are not rolling. :) :) :)

God bless you and AKUS always!!!

Holly (a fan of them since 1994)

Allman Brothers, Wet Willie, Marshall Tucker, and Charlie Daniels. New Orleans Super Dome 1975. For some reason, girls I didn't know wanted to ride my shoulders damn near all night. One would climb down, and another one would take her place.

Having worked in the music industry for several years, I've been to some pretty great shows.

The best, however, has to be the first US Festival, held in San Bernadino in 1982. I was stationed in San Diego and my friends and I drove up in my buddy Pete's orange VW camper. We stopped at the base package store and bought 25 cases of beer that we traded for food in the camping area.

The line-up for the weekend was amazing. A ticket for the entire weekend was $28:

35slwp9pwoj11.jpg

TSO puts on a fantastic show. Bob Seger knows how to rock. Fleetwood Mac has the tunes. Johnny Cash has the voice. But I’ll always remember the ELO/Journey concert in 78.
View attachment 712661

I must agree that the best show was TSO...my wife turned into a Rock and Roll pussycat after watching their show...she was so hyped and inspired for weeks afterwards...

I liked Billy Joel in the 80s...or was it 90's? He and Christy just hung out and played on the stage before she got pregnant...or just after....he was the whole show and his behavior pre-concert demonstrated to me that he just simply enjoyed playing and singing music.

From Chicago to Boston the other groups including Styx, Huey Lewis, and etc just don't measure up to Billy and TSO. Sure they had energy but not much after that.

View attachment 712661

Wow great topic

I have to say Queen was great in concert
I saw Elton John and it he put on an awesome show
Pink Floyd is right up there too

Having worked in the music industry for several years, I've been to some pretty great shows.

The best, however, has to be the first US Festival, held in San Bernadino in 1982. I was stationed in San Diego and my friends and I drove up in my buddy Pete's orange VW camper. We stopped at the base package store and bought 25 cases of beer that we traded for food in the camping area.

The line-up for the weekend was amazing. A ticket for the entire weekend was $28:

35slwp9pwoj11.jpg
I bet that was an interesting crowd.

I bet that was an interesting crowd.

No lie.

We got a spot under the last shade tree in the camping area. Not long after we arrived two guys and their girlfriends pulled up on motorcycles and asked if they could share the shade (it was a big tree). We agreed and they ended up partying with us the whole weekend.

Turns out they were Hells Angels.

What I thought was interesting is that the vast majority of the "new wave" crowd left either Friday night or Saturday morning, apparently having no interest in any of the other performers...

No lie.

We got a spot under the last shade tree in the camping area. Not long after we arrived two guys and their girlfriends pulled up on motorcycles and asked if they could share the shade (it was a big tree). We agreed and they ended up partying with us the whole weekend.

Turns out they were Hells Angels.

What I thought was interesting is that the vast majority of the "new wave" crowd left either Friday night or Saturday morning, apparently having no interest in any of the other performers...
That's great. They're still around you know... I have friends who know some Angels in the Ar Ozarks area, Oklahoma and Missouri .

I've been to one Grateful Dead concert at Cleveland public hall back in 78 ? Or 79.
I only wish I had had the presence of mind to bring a camera along..... the fans were as entertaining as the band.

That's great. They're still around you know... I have friends who know some Angels in the Ar Ozarks area, Oklahoma and Missouri .

Oh, man, Hells Angels are spread out pretty good but, according to the HA website, they don't have chapters in any of the states you mention: Hells Angels Chapters USA.

You won't find them here in Florida, either. This is an Outlaw MC state...

I've been to one Grateful Dead concert at Cleveland public hall back in 78 ? Or 79.

The US Festival is the only time I ever saw them...

I only wish I had had the presence of mind to bring a camera along..... the fans were as entertaining as the band.

Man, back in the 70's and early 80's no one cared if concert goers brought cameras. I had one with me at the US Festival, but those photos were lost a long, long time ago.

Nowadays you can't get a decent camera into a venue unless you're credentialed. I used to do tour photography for Eddie Money, Barenaked Ladies, Goo Goo Dolls and others, and you can't get through the gate with much more than a cell phone if you don't have a photo credential. And "the pit" in front of the stage? Yeah, you'd better have a real camera unless you're Johnny Rzeznik's cousin...

King 810 and slipknot were the best. Those 2 are freaking insane! Slipknot had their drummer joey on a motorized stand with his drum set. He was going up and down, left and right, sideways, backward circles etc. Never missed a beat.

King 810 and slipknot were the best. Those 2 are freaking insane! Slipknot had their drummer joey on a motorized stand with his drum set. He was going up and down, left and right, sideways, backward circles etc. Never missed a beat.
whose king 810? never told me about them! head over to your dm's for some new black veil brides EP magic!

Forum List

Back