Best childhood memories

Big Wheels!!!!!!

Same generation. They were a wonder. Those plastic wheels made a hell of a lot of noise too, it must have annoyed the hell out of the adults.

Remember when the first plastic skateboards came out with the urethane wheels? That was bigger than the invention of fire, which Ms. Bones probably remembers.

My first one was called the Big Banana. Which ironically years latter is what my first wife called my penis. During the divorce she just called me ape.

Had one of those, too! Mine was red. Brothers was blue. He was too little to stay on his, so I crazy-glued him to it, and pushed him down a hill, and told him the fence would stop him!

It did.

:eusa_whistle:

Yeah, I had a sadistic older sister too.

I can still remember one of my greatest moments of revenge, she had a party, a real hippy thing with peace signs painted on the floor and all sorts of flowers painted on the walls with colors that actually do not exist.

Next morning I found a joint in an ashtray and took it to my parents pretending I did not know what it was. "What is this Dad?"

That day of yelling was music to my ears.

Yeah, I had a sadistic older sister too.

I can still remember one of my greatest moments of revenge, she had a party, a real hippy thing with peace signs painted on the floor and all sorts of flowers painted on the walls with colors that actually do not exist.

Next morning I found a joint in an ashtray and took it to my parents pretending I did not know what it was. "What is this Dad?"

That day of yelling was music to my ears.

Sadistic? Moi?

I was simply preparing him for the real world. :eusa_angel:

My first Big Wheel...I was 6.. I gave new meaning to the phrase "Hell on wheels".. We lived in a second story house.. As soon as I got it, I ran downstairs, opened the front door, ran back upstairs, carried it to the hall, and rode it down approx 20 stairs from the house to the porch, then down the porch stairs to the street, then played "demolition derby" with anything in my path (neither the dog, nor my brother were spared, either)...until my downstairs neighbor got his Green Machine - then I played demolition derby with him until I wore the wheels right off it, which happens faster than you'd think when you tear the "brake" off of it, and just do spin outs to stop.

My back rest was different, and didn't last more than 10 mins before it "accidentally" landed in the bushes..

Marx-Big-Wheel.jpg

Those were cool, if you got going downhill fast enough you could spin around and around forever, or till you hit the ditch.

Better than that was taking your feet off the pedals, putting them on the handle bars, and going downhill backwards!

Wicked girl.

Going down the shore every summer for a few weeks and playing with Matchbox cars in the sandcastles we made, getting sunburned, my birthday, learning to play gin at age 9, spin art on the boardwalk; whole neighborhood sledding down our street and the nursing home hill, playing in the woods, the Tarzan swing, Christmas when my two aunts and grandfather came over and opening presents took all day and the living room floor was covered in wrapping paper, falling asleep on my dad in the living room chair, taking care of the neighbors cat who almost had her kittens under my bed, taking care of those kittens and begging my mom could we adopt them and winning, The Gene London show, Lassie, The Wizard of Oz, when my parents had company over and I was in bed and could hear muted laughter and the cling of wine glasses and the faint smell of a cigarette and blown out candles, playing penny-on-the-step with my aunts while waiting for Christmas dinner, being on 'skullery duty' with my aunt after Christmas dinner, playing tag at dusk during the summer with half the neighborhood kids, climbing trees, Halloween that took hours and your parents didn't walk you around cause you could go on your own with your friends . . . many, many more. :)

I had a brother-n-law from Chicago who had night clubs in various states along the east coast, Him and my sister would fly in and take my brother and me to different places. We'd never know where we were going till we got there. Whether it be Coney Island or Six Flags over Ga. We'd usually spend a week.

big_wheels1.jpg

Big Wheel?

Posh, you people wouldn't know a big wheel if it ran you over

This...
capture7192005102602_pm.jpg

is the BIG wheeler of my generation.

Every ride one?

They're a blast (except for the gettin off the damned thing part).

It has been interesting reading your various happy childhood memories, folks.

Shows us that we're not so very different as some of us imagine us to be, doesn't it?

big_wheels1.jpg

Big Wheel?

This...

Every ride one?

Shows us that we're not so very different as some of us imagine us to be, doesn't it?

When i was a kid we took a 24" bike turn it upside down welded a pipe on the sprocket casing for the seat extended the the handle bar section to the right height. the seat was about 5 feet or better high. when we get ready to get down we'd just lean it against the house and climb down.

big_wheels1.jpg

Big Wheel?

This...

Every ride one?

Wow, you are 100 years old? :eusa_angel:

Long red pigtails is the *only* thing that identified me as a girl. :eusa_whistle:

I believe that.

:salute:

You should simply sit there quietly and thank your lucky stars you weren't my little brother...:eusa_whistle:

I was the peacemaker of my family, of sorts. I would cover for my brother and sisters if I thought that their punishment would not fit their crime. But I was also the one who kept my younger brother in line, I never covered for him, he never got the just punishment for his crimes, so I meated it out myself :eusa_angel:

I believe that.

:salute:

You should simply sit there quietly and thank your lucky stars you weren't my little brother...:eusa_whistle:

I was the peacemaker of my family, of sorts. I would cover for my brother and sisters if I thought that their punishment would not fit their crime. But I was also the one who kept my younger brother in line, I never covered for him, he never got the just punishment for his crimes, so I meated it out myself :eusa_angel:

And here I thought Pixies were always cute and innocent.......

And here I thought Pixies were always cute and innocent.......

They still come to me for protection :lol: I didn't kill him or nothin like that, :lol: I would just pop him in the mouth or break one of his favorite toys after he broke one of my sisters dolls. What came around went around kind of thing. Mom always protected him

I did almost kill him once, accidentally .He was sitting on a large propane tank, and one of the neighbor kids dared me to pull him off, so I did :lol: :eek: :lol:

Mom put me to bed with no dinner :(

Forum List

Back