Best childhood memories

My first Big Wheel...I was 6.. I gave new meaning to the phrase "Hell on wheels".. We lived in a second story house.. As soon as I got it, I ran downstairs, opened the front door, ran back upstairs, carried it to the hall, and rode it down approx 20 stairs from the house to the porch, then down the porch stairs to the street, then played "demolition derby" with anything in my path (neither the dog, nor my brother were spared, either)...until my downstairs neighbor got his Green Machine - then I played demolition derby with him until I wore the wheels right off it, which happens faster than you'd think when you tear the "brake" off of it, and just do spin outs to stop.

My back rest was different, and didn't last more than 10 mins before it "accidentally" landed in the bushes..

Marx-Big-Wheel.jpg

Favorite childhood memories... I have so many I hardly know where to begin. I feel particularly blessed because I had a wonderful childhood and was fortunate enough to have two parents who loved me. My father loved the outdoors and so did my mother. As a result, I grew up hunting, fishing and camping. It was a great way to grow up. I learned lots of things about the great outdoors from my father. At an early age I was catching those large mouth bass, shooting squirrels with a .22, learned how to set up a proper campsite, and the list goes on and on. I bagged my first buck at age 9 and I got it with my 12 gauge shotgun. Christmas was always a special time for our family. The good food, the gifts, and just hanging out with other family members. I really miss some of those good old days.

I was about six or seven. I got into a rock throwing fight with another kid my age and his little brother. It was going alright, but I ran out of rocks and found this small block of 2x4 with a rusty nail sticking out of it. I lobbed it over a tree that was between us, aiming for the top of the bigger kid's head. It came down a little off center. Almost clipped his ear clean off. He ran away like a scalded-ass dog.

It was cool. But boy was his mom pissed.

Ahh...memories.

The old Lord of the Flies game.

What red blooded kid has not played that one, or bled in that one?

One other great childhood memory is when I first learned I could masturbate and with some imagination could make love to both Marcia Brady and Mrs. Brady. Unfortunately my imagination tended to run away with me at times and a naked Alice joined the fray which immediately killed the mood and forced me to return to my math home work.

Last edited:
I was about six or seven. I got into a rock throwing fight with another kid my age and his little brother. It was going alright, but I ran out of rocks and found this small block of 2x4 with a rusty nail sticking out of it. I lobbed it over a tree that was between us, aiming for the top of the bigger kid's head. It came down a little off center. Almost clipped his ear clean off. He ran away like a scalded-ass dog.

It was cool. But boy was his mom pissed.

Ahh...memories.

Yes, I must admit, that being able to batter and assult others, and vandalize property with impunity is one of the better features of childhood.

:(

Now, I gotta wear a mask.

One other great childhood memory is when I first learned I could masturbate and with some imagination could make love to both Marcia Brady and Mrs. Brady. Unfortunately my imagination tended to run away with me at times and a naked Alice joined the fray which immediately killed the mood and forced me to return to my math home work.

Yep, fond memories.....I recall it was just after my 7th Birthday......

My first Big Wheel...I was 6.. I gave new meaning to the phrase "Hell on wheels".. We lived in a second story house.. As soon as I got it, I ran downstairs, opened the front door, ran back upstairs, carried it to the hall, and rode it down approx 20 stairs from the house to the porch, then down the porch stairs to the street, then played "demolition derby" with anything in my path (neither the dog, nor my brother were spared, either)...until my downstairs neighbor got his Green Machine - then I played demolition derby with him until I wore the wheels right off it, which happens faster than you'd think when you tear the "brake" off of it, and just do spin outs to stop.

My back rest was different, and didn't last more than 10 mins before it "accidentally" landed in the bushes..

Marx-Big-Wheel.jpg

Those were cool, if you got going downhill fast enough you could spin around and around forever, or till you hit the ditch.

Marx-Big-Wheel.jpg

Those were cool, if you got going downhill fast enough you could spin around and around forever, or till you hit the ditch.

Better than that was taking your feet off the pedals, putting them on the handle bars, and going downhill backwards!

Big Wheels!!!!!!

Same generation. They were a wonder. Those plastic wheels made a hell of a lot of noise too, it must have annoyed the hell out of the adults.

Remember when the first plastic skateboards came out with the urethane wheels? That was bigger than the invention of fire, which Ms. Bones probably remembers.

My first one was called the Big Banana. Which ironically years latter is what my first wife called my penis. During the divorce she just called me ape.

New Topics

Forum List

Back