Your love- Outfield
I ran- Flock of Seagul
Tainted Love- Soft cell
I melt with you- Modern English
Relax- Frankie goes to Hollywood
Big Country- In Big Country
99 Balloons- Nena
St. Elmos-Fire- Jonny PArr
Here is a SUPER cool RECENT version of "Down Under". How talented is this fucking guy? This old dude can still sing extremely well.

The Church, "Under the Milky Way"
The Vapors, "Turning Japanese"
Kajagoogoo, "Too Shy"
Nu Shooz, "I Can't Wait"
Modern English, "I Melt With You"
Dead or Alive, "You Spin Me Round"

Last edited:
Here is a SUPER cool RECENT version of "Down Under". How talented is this fucking guy? This old dude can still sing extremely well.

Men at Work is not a one hit wonder song.

Here are a few

Dont dream its over- Crowded house
A ha- Take on me
Only human- human kind
Your love- Outfield
I ran- Flock of Seagul
Tainted Love- Soft cell
I melt with you- Modern English
Relax- Frankie goes to Hollywood
Big Country- In Big Country
99 Balloons- Nena
St. Elmos-Fire- Jonny PArr
I didn't like "Tainted Love" or "Don't Dream It's Over" very much and I'm completely unfamiliar with "I Ran" although I know Flock oof Seagulls by name. Everything else is spot on.

I particularly liked "Melt With You" because I really liked the movie "Valley Girl"

The Church, "Under the Milky Way"
The Vapors, "Turning Japanese"
Kajagoogoo, "Too Shy"
Nu Shooz, "I Can't Wait"
Modern English, "I Melt With You"
Dead or Alive, "You Spin Me Round"
The Netflix series "'Stranger Things" has created a whole new set of fans for Kajagoogoo song "The Never Ending Story". The prom scene featured a song by Olivia Newton John that I fell in love with all over again, although I didn't originally recall that the song is from a movie with her & John Travolta by the same name I believe, "The Second Time Around".

• Thanks
Reactions: iku
Waterloo by Abba . Went to number One so it was a one hit wonder .

It actually kinda was.

Waterloo by Abba . Went to number One so it was a one hit wonder .

One Hit Wonder - a group or singer that has only one hit record. This has nothing to do with going to #1

A one-hit wonder or viral hit is any entity that achieves mainstream popularity, often for only one piece of work, and becomes known among the general public solely for that momentary success. The term is most commonly used in regard to music performers with only one hit single that overshadows their other work.

Abba and Men at Work had many Hits

Last edited:
Not really. Down Under is the only one that got serious radio play.
:itsok: Who Can It Be Now , was more popular and had a higher ranking than Down Under.....

A one-hit wonder or viral hit is any entity that achieves mainstream popularity, often for only one piece of work, and becomes known among the general public solely for that momentary success. The term is most commonly used in regard to music performers with only one hit single that overshadows their other work.

There were a lot of one-hit wonders if radio airplay is your metric during the 80's because of the Hollywood Soundtrack fad. I mean Simple Minds had a few songs that got radio play but none of them even remotely were as popular as the Breakfast Club theme, for instance.

Forum List

Back