Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The true path lies somewhere between these two quotes:

To embrace tolerance is to cease to believe in anything
Chesterton

And this….

Biblical law promotes tolerance for minorities. Leviticus 19:34
The stranger who dwells among you shall be to you as one born among you, and you shall love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Wisdom is the basis for deciding how far non-judgmentalism should go.

1. Under the traditional views gleaned from the Bible, it was clear what was expected, and accepted in society.

"The Bible is the wisdom of the West. It is from the precepts of the Bible that the legal systems of the West have been developed- systems, worked out over millennia, as the result of human interactions and experience for dealing with inequality, with injustice, with greed, reducible to that which Christians call the Golden Rule, and the Jews had propounded as “That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor.”
David Mamet

It is these rules and laws which form a framework which allows the individual foreknowledge of that which is permitted and that which is forbidden.

2. As a result of the ascendancy of Progressivisim/Liberalism we now have a secular view of society where there are not only more grey areas, but morality has become subjective.

"One change in societal attitude has been the “ecumenical niceness”…don’t fight, share toys, take turns….and never, ever, be judgmental."
Charles Murray

3. Traditional, or Secular: Either one has learned the lessons of the past, or believes that those lessons no longer apply.

"The roots of the view that there is no objective truth, called 'postmodernism,' can be traced to the anthropologist Franz Boas, who, in an effort to study exotic cultures without prejudice, found it useful to take the position that no culture is superior to any other. Thus was born the idea of cultural relativity.

The idea spread like wildfire through the universities, catapulted by the radical impetus of the sixties, ready and willing to reject "the universality of Western norms and principles."
Bawer, "The Victim's Revolution"

4. " When morality became privatized, the questions “what is right” became “what is right for me.” Feelings... became the arbiters of behavior. Rather than traditional taboos, only religiously based moral judgment was deemed taboo. The harm caused to abandoned spouses or children by adultery or desertion- harm that can be objectively documented in rates of ill health, depression, educational underachievement, criminal behavior- was all but ignored, while damage done to people’s feelings by condemnation of their adultery or desertion was considered unforgivable."
"The World Turned Upside Down," Melanie Phillips, chapter 14

If there is no truth, but it varies based on one's views, feelings, or culture….then there is no 'evil.'

Not just for individuals, there are cycles to life and cycles to civilizations. Within each, there are the seeds of their, or its, own destruction. The advancement of Hussein Obama to the presidency represented the blossoming of one of those evil seeds.

Last edited:
A lesson in masturbatory philosophical logicism.

“That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor.”

Yet that is not the policy nations have, nor in business, nor individuals, nor governments..Because hate happens every day.

Chesterton

And this….

The stranger who dwells among you shall be to you as one born among you, and you shall love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

1. Under the traditional views gleaned from the Bible, it was clear what was expected, and accepted in society.

"The Bible is the wisdom of the West. It is from the precepts of the Bible that the legal systems of the West have been developed- systems, worked out over millennia, as the result of human interactions and experience for dealing with inequality, with injustice, with greed, reducible to that which Christians call the Golden Rule, and the Jews had propounded as “That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor.”
David Mamet

It is these rules and laws which form a framework which allows the individual foreknowledge of that which is permitted and that which is forbidden.

2. As a result of the ascendancy of Progressivisim/Liberalism we now have a secular view of society where there are not only more grey areas, but morality has become subjective.

"One change in societal attitude has been the “ecumenical niceness”…don’t fight, share toys, take turns….and never, ever, be judgmental."
Charles Murray

3. Traditional, or Secular: Either one has learned the lessons of the past, or believes that those lessons no longer apply.

"The roots of the view that there is no objective truth, called 'postmodernism,' can be traced to the anthropologist Franz Boas, who, in an effort to study exotic cultures without prejudice, found it useful to take the position that no culture is superior to any other. Thus was born the idea of cultural relativity.

The idea spread like wildfire through the universities, catapulted by the radical impetus of the sixties, ready and willing to reject "the universality of Western norms and principles."

4. " When morality became privatized, the questions “what is right” became “what is right for me.” Feelings... became the arbiters of behavior. Rather than traditional taboos, only religiously based moral judgment was deemed taboo. The harm caused to abandoned spouses or children by adultery or desertion- harm that can be objectively documented in rates of ill health, depression, educational underachievement, criminal behavior- was all but ignored, while damage done to people’s feelings by condemnation of their adultery or desertion was considered unforgivable."

If there is no truth, but it varies based on one's views, feelings, or culture….then there is no 'evil.'

Not just for individuals, there are cycles to life and cycles to civilizations. Within each, there are the seeds of their, or its, own destruction. The advancement of Hussein Obama to the presidency represented the blossoming of one of those evil seeds.
I don't think your ties to politics are quite correct although I do understand why you believe this.
Liberals do believe in the practice of indiscriminate indiscriminateness but only about the things they choose to be indiscriminate about. Everything else they oppose. Just because they are diametrically opposed to what is good and just does not make them indiscriminate. It just makes them wrong. So liberals do believe in right and wrong (aka morality).

Libertarians on the other hand believe in amorality which is much worse. They truly believe in indiscriminate indiscriminateness.

Yet that is not the policy nations have, nor in business, nor individuals, nor governments..Because hate happens every day.
There are things we should stand for and stand against.

Libertarians are much closer to being liberals than they are to being conservatives.

I am ready to compromise, in principle, but that doesn't mean I am ready to compromise my principles.

Or....more, in my case....
I'm willing to compromise...as long as everything is exactly the way I want it to be.

Chesterton

And this….

David Mamet

Charles Murray

I don't think your ties to politics are quite correct although I do understand why you believe this.
Liberals do believe in the practice of indiscriminate indiscriminateness but only about the things they choose to be indiscriminate about. Everything else they oppose. Just because they are diametrically opposed to what is good and just does not make them indiscriminate. It just makes them wrong. So liberals do believe in right and wrong (aka morality).

Libertarians on the other hand believe in amorality which is much worse. They truly believe in indiscriminate indiscriminateness.

Antonio Gramsci, Italian Marxist theoretician and founding member and one-time leader of the Communist Party of Italy. Gramschi’s motto is that of liberals today: “that all life is "political."

Gramsci was correct.

There is no separation between politics and morality, merely the requirement to weigh the importance of each in relationship to each issue.

For example...

"I didn’t vote for Trump to marry my sister, I voted for him to be president and to make sure Hillary wasn’t. On that count, his presidency has been a smashing success."
Liberalism Must Be Destroyed

I stand when I pee, but at my age, I don't want to stand when the judge walks in.

I stand when I pee, but at my age, I don't want to stand when the judge walks in.
You should avoid the three "C's" then.

Chesterton

And this….

David Mamet

Charles Murray

Antonio Gramsci, Italian Marxist theoretician and founding member and one-time leader of the Communist Party of Italy. Gramschi’s motto is that of liberals today: “that all life is "political."

Gramsci was correct.

There is no separation between politics and morality, merely the requirement to weigh the importance of each in relationship to each issue.

For example...

"I didn’t vote for Trump to marry my sister, I voted for him to be president and to make sure Hillary wasn’t. On that count, his presidency has been a smashing success."
Liberalism Must Be Destroyed
That is the basis for cultural marxism; the marriage of Freud with Marx.

5. "Cultural relativism is the principle that an individual human's beliefs and activities should be understood by others in terms of that individual's own culture. This principle was established as axiomatic in anthropological research by Franz Boas in the first few decades of the 20th century and later popularized by his students. Boas first articulated the idea in 1887: "...civilization is not something absolute, but ... is relative, and ... our ideas and conceptions are true only so far as our civilization goes."[1] but did not actually coin the term "cultural relativism."
https://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/t...elativism.html

There is some sort of benefit to the view, and it redounds to the benefit of the Marx/Hegel/Freud believers….it teaches their acolytes the only phrase they need to walk proudly through life:

"Who are you to tell me what I can or cannot do????'

Hence…. Being "Nonjudgmental" Means That There Is No Evil

Subscribe to the Progressive/Liberal dogma and it's a "Get Out of Guilt" card.

a. The question is, what is the ultimate effect on a society.

"Bertrand Russell observed that the human species was historically unwilling to acquiesce to its own survival. An intellectual accomplice in this ongoing suicide pact is surely cultural relativism, an invention of Western liberalism that non-Western reactionaries have taken up as a license to kill and butcher people in peace and quiet.
Inhuman Rights

The Leftist/Democrat/Liberal/Secularist knows this...but makes the bet that those seeds of destruction will not grow to fruition until long after he is gone.
That 'bet' may be the reason, the more Liberal a society, the fewer the children.

...Being "Nonjudgmental" Means That There Is No Evil... ...question is, what is the ultimate effect on a society...
imho it's good that folks are waking up to the problem of that which is evil. Saw this today:

WND EXCLUSIVE
New 'Marketing of Evil': 'Life-changing' or 'despicable'?
marketing-of-evil-paperback.jpg

Read more at New ‘Marketing of Evil’: ‘Life-changing’ or ‘despicable’?

Chesterton

And this….

David Mamet

Charles Murray

My how you can mess up the title of this thread to make it null and void.

...Being "Nonjudgmental" Means That There Is No Evil... ...question is, what is the ultimate effect on a society...
imho it's good that folks are waking up to the problem of that which is evil. Saw this today:

WND EXCLUSIVE
New 'Marketing of Evil': 'Life-changing' or 'despicable'?
marketing-of-evil-paperback.jpg

Read more at New ‘Marketing of Evil’: ‘Life-changing’ or ‘despicable’?

From your link:
"Why exactly have thousands of years of Judeo-Christian moral standards suddenly been abandoned?"

Exactly fitting this thread......

The seeds of our destruction?

"The Bible is the wisdom of the West.

preordained adolescence as described above has been a bullwork for evil for centuries and maintained by the least of humanities adherents and their accomplishments.

Need to see more of your thinking here.

6. "A world defined by neither good nor evil but merely by a sort of gregarious multicultural difference of perspective is…a potentially dangerous fantasy.
Indiscriminate tolerance is dangerous if it disable the ability to recognize real evil when it shows itself. "Judgmental" becomes one of the dirty words in the [juvenile, childish] world…."
Lance Morrow, "Evil: An Investigation," p. 136

7. This is the world of political correctness, of 'hate speech,' of micro-aggression and of criminalizing disagreement, our inheritance, bequeathed by Liberals/Secularists/Democrats.

And, ironically, it is exactly what was handed down by the French Revolution and the Enlightenment:

'Although attributed to Rousseau, it was Diderot who gave the model for totalitarianism of reason: “We must reason about all things,” and anyone who ‘refuses to seek out the truth’ thereby renounces his human nature and “should be treated by the rest of his species as a wild beast.” So, once ‘truth’ is determined, anyone who doesn’t accept it was “either insane or wicked and morally evil.” It is not the individual who has the “ right to decide about the nature of right and wrong,” but only “the human race,” expressed as the general will.'
Himmelfarb, “The Roads to Modernity,” p. 167-68

We are, it seems, living in the afterglow of a once great nation.

8. The Magazine "PsychologyToday" warn us not to be judgmental….

"Look for basic goodness. This takes practice, as our minds naturally scan for the negative, but if we try, we can almost always find something good about another person.

Repeat the mantra, “Just like me.” Remember, we are more alike than different. When I feel critical of someone, I try to remind myself that the other person loves their family just like I do, and wants to be happy and free of suffering, just like I do. Most important, that person makes mistakes, just like I do.

Reframe. When someone does something you don’t like, perhaps think of it as they are simply solving a problem in a different way than you would.

And finally, remember that judging a person does not define who they are, it defines who you are." 10 Reasons to Stop Judging People

Gee......it's the motto of Liberalism/Progressivism/Secularism......and post modernism.

Let's try:

Vlad the Impaler,
Eichmann,
Pol Pot,
Idi Amin,
Ceaucescu,
Jack the Ripper,
Stalin,
George Wallace…….

9. Our world has moved from the theological, which deals in absolutes, to something less so…the political, one of opinions, which often carry the power of the law (putting a baker out of business if he won't make a cake exactly as the politicians demand).
AND….only the opinions of those currently in power are allowed!

Fact is, having an opinion at all, about anything….is being judgmental.

10. "Though we doubt if it is even possible, a man who is free of all judgments is a man of no opinion. He has nothing to contribute to anything he sees or feels; no mind of his own. How healthy do you think that is? You’d much rather be judgmental than be inconsequential to yourself."
8 Reasons Why There Is Nothing Wrong With Being A 'Judgemental' Person

Having opinions, and being judgment is a good thing.
But only if you can back up the reasoning behind the judgments.
That's where study, reading, and debate, test and polish your opinions, the basis for judgment.
Often, it appears that Liberals have opinions sans study and examinations parts, as their 'opinions' are programmed into them by their elites, the explanation for their never winning a debate.

One should never allow the majority to make one a coward as far as expressing an unpopular judgment.

After all, sometimes, the 'm' in masses is silent.

…the political, one of opinions, which often carry the power of the law (putting a baker out of business if he won't make a cake exactly as the politicians demand).
AND….only the opinions of those currently in power are allowed!

Fact is, having an opinion at all, about anything….is being judgmental.
This has been making me wonder too lately.

Say, let's consider that we don't want to let this get us down. The Sacred Texts tell us over and over the importance of being upbeat, positive, and well, happy. My thinking is that we'd probably be better off keeping in mind that we've nothing to fear, and that we're grateful for being aware of reality.

Make any sense?

Forum List

Back