Before You Give Your Vote To Any Politician, Ask Yourself If He Would Help You If You Needed Help

Viktor

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2013
Southern California
I found out the hard way that they will not. I was arrested and jailed in Mexico for a simple mistake. When I was released to go home, I asked my senators and others in Congress for help because the damn Mexs took my automobile. None of them lifted a finger and most did not even answer my message.

I told them all that from now on, they get no contributions and no votes from me. Please don't help people that just use you.

As a human being, I believe right or left, they would help you.

Problem is, you were not in this country when you got pinched. You were released. You're back home, sans car.
There's nothing your Representative or Senator can do about that.

I wouldn't think of asking my congressman to retrieve my car from Mexico after I was convicted of a crime and spent time in jail there but if that's what you expect from an elected official maybe you should refrain from voting.

I wouldn't think of asking my congressman to retrieve my car from Mexico after I was convicted of a crime and spent time in jail there but if that's what you expect from an elected official maybe you should refrain from voting.
IGNORE
THAT IS NOT WHAT I SAID, JACKASS

I found out the hard way that they will not. I was arrested and jailed in Mexico for a simple mistake. When I was released to go home, I asked my senators and others in Congress for help because the damn Mexs took my automobile. None of them lifted a finger and most did not even answer my message.

I told them all that from now on, they get no contributions and no votes from me. Please don't help people that just use you.
What did you expect them to do – this sounds more like a matter where there was nothing a member of Congress could do as opposed to not wanting to do anything.

If you’re a Hurricane Ian victim and your elected representatives refused to help, that would be another matter altogether.

They've long lost any representation for the great unwashed Vic

This is why we need insurrections.....

~S~

Poor criteria...

How do you expect to be "helped"?

I think a better criteria is to ask if they share your values. Both parties are out to lunch fiscally. The deficit has soared under various combinations of political parties controlling the houses of congress and the oval....nobody is serious about it. So if you base your vote of fiscal responsibility, you're in for some disappointment. Additionally, no party that has captured the Oval is interested in divesting the influence of the Presidency. It's laughable that we still give this one person the power to pardon when it has been shown time and again to be a tool used to commute the sentences of people who were not wrongly convicted...but to reward them for stewardship, support, or because they are well connected. Likewise for investing the power to launch a nuke weapon in one person. It's nuts. And now we have a former president insisting that declassification is just a matter of thinking something should be declassified.

Anyway, find someone who shares your values and you should vote for them. They are all one of 435 and one of 100 and even the President is not without checks and balances. Someone claiming to be tough on crime or for or against X is powerless by him or herself.

When you go to another country you have to live by their rules. If our Congress is going to do anything, it's to wage a war against the drug cartels that are killing thousands of our people every year that the Mexican government can't control on their own. They can't even do that yet alone get your car back.

When you go to another country you have to live by their rules. If our Congress is going to do anything, it's to wage a war against the drug cartels that are killing thousands of our people every year that the Mexican government can't control on their own. They can't even do that yet alone get your car back.
ASSSHOLE, YOU CAN'T READ

The last place you want to find yourself is in a position where your only option for help is a politician ...

ae1dd676-6c08-4298-b999-7123e03b60b7_text.gif

Forum List

Back