Before calling blacks names when they behave criminally

black gangs surged in the 80's with the crips and bloods over crack wars.

Black gangs surged in response to Latino gangs, primarily. Latinos started moving into historically black areas in LA.

And Latino gangs formed in the 40s in response to harassment and abuse from whites, primarily military service personnel.

Zoot Suit Riots - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

riots2.jpg

riots1.jpg

Zoot Suit Riots Sailors vs. pachucos a turning point for Latino culture in California - San Jose Mercury News

Scholar and historian Eduardo Obregon Pagan, who wrote "Murder at the Sleepy Lagoon: Zoot Suits, Race, &Riot in Wartime L.A.", takes a more nuanced view.

The incidents and views that led to the riots existed in a rapidly changing world, he believes. Whites lashed out against youth who challenged the entrenched racial and gender roles. Ethnic Latinos living in the U.S. at the time couldn't eat at certain restaurants and were expected to step off the sidewalk for white pedestrians.

"What happened is that these kids sort of accidentally were challenging segregation," Pagan said. "They grew up thinking they were Americans." As teenagers they earned spending money in the booming war economy, and they became infatuated with jazz, the cool zoot suits and spoke a language all their own.

While the rest of society was conserving cloth, the pachuco kids were wearing baggy, audacious outfits. Servicemen, many seeing Southern California for the first time, believed the zoot suits were a sign that Latinos in Los Angeles were an out-of-control, anti-American crime wave that could only be snuffed by the might of the U.S. Armed Forces.

"The material (for the zoot suits) was called shark skin, it had to be shark skin," said Gene Cabral, who was 15 at the time and was living with his family in the Chavez Ravine neighborhood when the riots broke out. The suits featured poofy pants pegged at the ankles. If a youth could afford it, he or she could get a long jacket, as well. The jacket sleeves had to hang to the end of the finger tips. "Some guys would buy (pants with) the ankles so small they would have to put on a sort of lubricant to get the pants on over their feet," he said. "We called them ankle chokers."

To Cabral and the kids from Chavez Ravine, the suits had nothing to do with politics, defiance or ethnic pride. "You felt good when you dressed up," he said. "We wore these suits to church."

Last edited:
And Latino gangs formed in the 40s in response to harassment and abuse from whites, primarily military service personnel.

Why don't the latins stay in their own countries?? If history tells us anything, it's that diversity never works.

Google 1950s gangs. Mostly white faces I see. Criminality and gangs aren't only a black thing.

HUH?? That was 60 years ago. Today crime and gangs mean black.

Only for morons.

13 American Gangs That Are Keeping The FBI Up At Night - Business Insider

1. 18th Street (mexican)
2. Florencia 13 (mexican)
3. Barrio Azteca (mexican)
4. Juggalos (white)
5. Almighty Latin King Nation (puerto rican)
6. Somali gangs (black)
7. Mara Salvatrucha (Salvadoran)
8. Trinitarios (Dominican)
9. Hermanos de Pistoleros (Mexican)
10. Mexican Mafia (Mexican)
11. Mongols Motorcycle Gang (white)
12. Vagos Motorcycle Gang (white & hispanic)
13. Wheels of Soul (black)

Why don't the latins stay in their own countries?? If history tells us anything, it's that diversity never works.

Los Angeles was part of Mexico before it became part of America as a result of the treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo.

Maybe the white people should have stayed out of California, since according to you, diversity never works. There were existing populations of Latinos in most Southwestern/western states (California, Arizona, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming) when those states were annexed by the U.S.:

With the defeat of its army and the fall of its capital, Mexico entered into negotiations to end the war. The treaty called for the US to pay $15 million to Mexico and to pay off the claims of American citizens against Mexico up to $3.25 million. It gave the United States the Rio Grande as a boundary for Texas, and gave the US ownership of California and a large area comprising New Mexico, Arizona,Nevada, Utah, and parts of Wyoming and Colorado. Mexicans in those annexed areas had the choice of relocating to within Mexico's new boundaries or receiving American citizenship with full civil rights. Over 90% chose to become US citizens.

Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It's interesting how ignorant some racists are about history. I guess it allows y'all to maintain your delusions.

So what you're saying, Ernie S., is that crime and gangs are synonymous with hispanics? Good to know.

I made no comment on a graph published by the federal government. (nationalgangcenter.gov)

So, I guess Eric Holder is saying that crime and gangs are synonymous with hispanics.

The aryan brotherhood surged in the 1980's and the Ku Klux klan gang has been around a long time.

No one is more powerful then the Bilderberg gang. ;)
The Aryan brotherhood has about 15,000 members and the KKK (5,000,to 8,000 members) are aging has-beens that only get together for funerals and fish fries.

I made no comment on a graph published by the federal government. (nationalgangcenter.gov)

So, I guess Eric Holder is saying that crime and gangs are synonymous with hispanics.

I think you've misinterpreted the graph. I followed the graph back to its source, and that data is based upon law enforcement reporting of gang membership. So, that's what cops are saying, and Eric Holder doesn't have much to do with it. :dunno:

Google 1950s gangs. Mostly white faces I see. Criminality and gangs aren't only a black thing.

Yes, and why not go back to the Crusades to bash Christians? Why does the left struggle so hard on the moral equivalency aspects of wide gaping timelines to make a point on modern events? Indeed we all know how much trouble we have TODAY from those 1950 gangs don't we?

I think you've misinterpreted the graph. I followed the graph back to its source, and that data is based upon law enforcement reporting of gang membership. So, that's what cops are saying, and Eric Holder doesn't have much to do with it. :dunno:
National gang center is part of Justice, so, yup. Eric Holder's organization compiled the numbers.

Forum List

Back