Beatle Bashes Bush at White House

The US is the most powerful nation on earth with a historical legacy of racism. Obama getting elected president involved him building a coalition against entrenched resistance to blacks gaining power. The Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons of the world never could have accomplished what Barack Obama did. They were to focused on black issues and were too ethnically black.
Obama managing to get elected as the first black president of the most powerful nation on earth is one of the most significant presidential elections ever. It will have global ramifications. Maybe not today or tomorrow but in the decades to come.
The Nobel committee recognized the significance of his election as well as the right turn the US made away from the policies of Bush/Cheney. It was their decision and I think history will support it as an excellent one

i cant agree with ya on the peace prize part Rw....he did not earn it....he got elected....now he has to do something with what was given to him.....and that is usually better judged after his first term to see what has been accomplished and its results.....my biggest beef with the guy so far is he is no better than Bush as a leader....i have said this before and ill say it again....that when the President is addressing the nation,he was talking to EVERYONE.....i have never felt until Bush and now Obama,that he wasnt...these two i feel are only addressing those that agree with them....Reagan,Bush 1,Clinton,i was only about 50/50 with these guys,but i never felt alienated when they spoke to the country.....i felt included....after a few years into Bush's term.....he was talking to the right wing....looking past me to people like PI,Liability.....now with Obama,its like he is telling me to move out of the way i have to Address Rdean and Political Junky....you...fuck you...you dont agree with me....and i am more than sure i am not the only guy in the Country who feels this way.....sad but true.....

You truly hold out hope that he will win a 2nd term? Oh, and I would say that Bush's first 18 months were pretty damn significant, 9/11 defined his Presidency as no other.

yea but Bush threw all that out the window.....he could have taken that moment and became one hell of a president.....but he had to go to Iraq.....something he did not need to do....

If you play what Paul said backwards, it says Paul has no class.

but it has kinda veered off in some posts....just like a REAL conversation.....who has the joint?....:eusa_eh:

I kind of hoped this thread would of died out quickly. But meaningless bullshit like this always seems to get the most posts, while the real issues are ignored. :lol:

Bush had more qualities as POTUS in his sleep than Obummer will ever have, as for making your case that it would have never happened, deliver your proof, this will be entertaining to say the least.....

Yeah, and today, less than a year and a half into the second coming of Jimmy Carter we have a POTUS with an approval rating of 46%, blames everything on the previous administration, can only create more gov jobs and couldn't lead ants to sugar with a funnel....

I don't think Obama is a great pres, but I don't think he is terrible either. There have been worse.

What qualities did Bush have? Able to cut brush at Midland ain't exactly hard.

I don't think he can blame everything on Bush, probably about 95% of it, though. The vast majority of this financial mess occurred when Bush was in charge. I thought conservatives were all about taking responsibility for your own actions.

The conservative voice would be a lot more credible if they had given him time. From the DAY he got elected, he has been trashed (don't believe me, do a search on this very forum for from Jan 20, 2009)...

What happened to you making the case he was responsible for 911???????????

So let's see, 100% of the Sub Prime / FHA DPA can be blamed on Clinton?!?!

Really sad how some American's forget the impact of 911.....

something about how after the last 8 years, it's good to have someone who knows what a library is.

I think we both have heard a lot worse about politicians on both sides of the aisle. Hell, out of all the things said about Bush, that was probably one of the more nicer things. The guy is still bit of a scumbag or least Karl Rove is for the tricks they played on John McCain back during the 2000 Primary.

something about how after the last 8 years, it's good to have someone who knows what a library is.

I think we both have heard a lot worse about politicians on both sides of the aisle. Hell, out of all the things said about Bush, that was probably one of the more nicer things. The guy is still bit of a scumbag or least Karl Rove is for the tricks they played on John McCain back during the 2000 Primary.

No big deal that he said it, and like I said who would take their political ideology from a singer, but you have to admit the WH is not an appropriate forum for such comments.

[""]What happened to you making the case he was responsible for 911???????????

So let's see, 100% of the Sub Prime / FHA DPA can be blamed on Clinton?!?!

Really sad how some American's forget the impact of 911.....[/SIZE][/FONT]

Where did I say he was responsible?

Nothing can be blamed on Clinton. He left a surplus....Although certain people say he didn't, but they obviously don't have a rudimentary understanding of economics..

I am not American, but I understand that impact. What that has to do with Bush being a disaster as a president is only something a Bush apologist can understand...

No big deal that he said it, and like I said who would take their political ideology from a singer, but you have to admit the WH is not an appropriate forum for such comments.
that's pretty much on target.

Oh baloney. I'm willing to bet my possessions that worser things have been said in the White House. Especially about other politicians. This is just a case where Republicans got their feelings hurt, which is surprising since I figured they all finally disowned Bush. But I guess that's just for politics sake.

Personally, I could care less what Paul McCartney says about politics for the exact reason you listed.

Forum List

Back