Zone1 Be Thou My Vision, O Lord --Songs of love and trusting in God

To show my heart is in the right place, here's a testimony and song about religious conversion and thanking God

The Psalm 23
Paraphrase from Scottish Psalter 1650
Tune: “Crimond” by Jessie Seymour Irvine 1872
St David's Presbyterian Church

Psalms 23, sung at Westminster Abbey
At Elizabeth II's Funeral
(The Monarch of England is also head of the Church of England)
In good and bad situations, Her life was filled with serving others
Opposing Wartime Landmines comes to my mind about her

Psalms 23
I love this version...
to the tune of
Brother James' Air - 5vv+refrain

You want to hear something odd? I find great solace in music, and listened to all your versions - they’re beautiful - but for some reason, I find the spoken version sans music the most powerful.

Why that is, I don’t know.

You want to hear something odd? I find great solace in music, and listened to all your versions - they’re beautiful - but for some reason, I find the spoken version sans music the most powerful.

Why that is, I don’t know.
I've been fortunate to belong to choir groups headed by college music professors, directors of community choirs, former members of large orchestras on the eastern board, and ministers of music, wherever we go I do all I can to participate in Presbyterian church choirs. The one we attended in Oregon had a director of the Linn Benton Community College music dept and Community chorale. He had a special liking for a new classical contemporary named John Rutter (who directed Queen Elizabeth II's requiem in England just a few days ago it seems. His name is John Rutter, and if you ever get to services that occasionally use his music, you will indeed feel particularly comforted and blessed. Some of his music is set to familiar lyrics and is often as good as the tried and true can be of music written hundreds of years ago. I'll look up his collection. Trust me, most of it is all good because John Rutter himself still directs choirs in Great Britain. Be right back.

This one was my favorite one. It just melts my heart.
As we sang, I could see some music wipe tears of love from their eyes.
I'm even dropping a little tear for the devotion and beauty of the singers' voices:

Last edited:
I find this one most inspirational in enriching life with God's love and hope it blesses you as much as it blesses me to hear of God's goodness:

Forum List

Back