Barr: Trump using 'extortion' to control GOP

I'm questioning your source, a known turncoat and Washington rat. Tissue?
There are dozens of those who worked for Trump, and seeing the lack of respect for the Constitution and the Rule of Law, walked away.

Call them Turn Coats all you like, they are the ones who actually Not only swore to uphold the Constitution and the Rule of Law, but are the ones who stuck by the Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Turn coats are the ones who go against the Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Know the difference.

There are dozens of those who worked for Trump, and seeing the lack of respect for the Constitution and the Rule of Law, walked away.

Call them Turn Coats all you like, they are the ones who actually Not only swore to uphold the Constitution and the Rule of Law, but are the ones who stuck by the Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Know the difference.
LMAO when Dem leaders in congress vowed to impeach Trump BEFORE he was even sworn into office that kind of lack of respect for the Constitution and Rule of Law? You really need to find someone at a much lower level to debate I'm way out of your league.

So you believe that, if the Democrats have enough control, they will seek out and exterminate those who disagree with them?
yes. I do think that is exactly what the left intends. OTHERWISE, you wouldn't have a president calling his opposition not limited to the former and potential president but his supporters. Last week one of your fellow leftist posters said JUST that. We need to be disposed of.

Nothing of the sort. Barr and others do know the Constitution and the Rule of Law and are following it and giving their opinions based on that. Nothing else.

Over a thousand people who have worked for Trump have given interviews to the 1/6 commission. When the trial for what has happened to the documents and how they got to Mar O Lago starts, if ever, there will be plenty of witnesses who will tell the truth about it.

Why reject any and all facts?

Be for the truth, please stop with the Nazi calling and comparison because it has nothing to do with what has been happening for the past 2 years.

Let the facts come. You do not wish to believe them, that is another story and your right to not want to do so.

yes your side is. It's is disturbing that fellow americans would think like that. what i get from your above response is... 'stop supporting President Trump and we will stop threatening you.' IS THAT what you are infering?

Acts of violence from the left on Trump supporters.

Biden attacks Trump supporters as ‘threats’ who push ‘semi-fascism’ | President Joe Biden, who vowed to unify America, attacked Trump supporters during a speech on Thursday, calling them a “threat” to democracy and accusing them of engaging in “semi-fascism.” Biden also said he doesn’t “respect” Trump supporters. More than 70 million Americans voted for Trump in 2020. Biden made the remarks at a Democratic National | The Tea Party's Front Page. | Slowly, our freedoms are being chipped away with, "We know better..." justification as its hammer and chisel.

A president, who said he would unite the country continues to attack the former president for any reason and his supporters. THIS is an established nazi-ish tactic....how the nazis dehumanized the jews so that everyone was fine with what came next.

Last edited:
yes. I do think that is exactly what the left intends. OTHERWISE, you wouldn't have a president calling his opposition not limited to the former and potential president but his supporters. Last week one of your fellow leftist posters said JUST that. We need to be disposed of.
The left are as violent as they are intolerant.

Know the difference.
What is this "rule of law" crap with you traitors? We are seeing civil rights ignored by those in power. Ther is no presumtion of innocence for whoever the illegitimate administration accuses of anything.

Almost everything Trump as president did was challenged in court. He was held to the rule of law. Please stop projecting ridiculous bullshit.

So you believe that, if the Democrats have enough control, they will seek out and exterminate those who disagree with them?
Where have you been? I understand you listen to sources that are slanted, but after a while doesn’t a little bit of common sense click for you?

It’s okay, don’t answer…

Stick to what Barr said in the article.

Wonder who threatened or paid him off? Must be the same people running McConnell's, Nancy's, Schumer's and Joe's life, because 90% of the people in Washington are NOT working for the American people. Question is who has our government sold out to more? Soros or Jinping?

So you're fighting for your lives then. A war.

Would you support the preemptive killing of Democrats in your war?

So the extermination has begun? Democrats are killing you people off?
Some. Ashley Babbit was murdered for intimidation purposes and people that worked with Epstein are dying like flies. The reporter that broke the story of Clinton meeting with Lynch was just found dead.

Last edited:
Voters Beware !!!!

Former Attorney General William Barr said that former President Donald Trump was resorting to “extortion” to continue to exert influence over the Republican Party, and said he still hasn’t decided what to make of the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago and the government’s recovery of hundreds of pages of classified documents.

In a lengthy interview published Thursday, former New York Times editor Bari Weiss asked Barr why more Republicans did not simply come out and say that Trump’s claims that election fraud had prevented him from winning the 2020 election were, to use Barr's previous word, “bullshit.”

“The tactic that Trump is using to exert this control over the Republican Party is extortion,” Barr said of his former boss. “What other great leader has done this? Telling the party, ‘If it’s not me, I’m going to ruin your election chances by telling my base to sit home. And I’ll sabotage whoever you nominate other than me.’ It shows what he’s all about. He’s all about himself.”
When did Trump tell "The Party" that? Trump's power over the Republican Party is exactly as much power as the Republican voters choose to give him. If Trump is not nominated, it will be because Republican voters do not pick him. If the Republican Party establishment decides to follow the Example of the DNC when they sabotages Sanders in his run against Clinton, Trump won't need to tell his voters to sit home.
Barr recounted Trump's fury on Dec. 1, 2020, when he learned that his attorney general had given an interview to the Associated Press and told them there was no evidence of widespread election fraud. Trump exploded at Barr over the interview, a clash that reportedly led Barr to tender his resignation on the spot before being convinced by White House counsel Pat Cipollone to wait to announce his departure.

Although Trump once had nothing but public praise for Barr, his has since turned on his former attorney general, calling him a RINO — short for “Republican in name only” — who didn’t “have the courage or stamina to go after voter fraud.”

Weiss asked Barr, who also served as attorney general under President George H.W. Bush, whether he underestimated “Trump’s disregard for the truth and disregard for the results of the election.”

“I underestimated how far he would take it. I thought on Dec. 14, when I tendered my resignation, the states had all certified the votes. To me, that was it. That was the last stop,” Barr said. “There was no process beyond that which would allow him to challenge the election. I thought it was safe to leave at that point. I was wrong. I did not expect him to take it as far as he did with these very wacky legal theories that no one gave any credence to.”

But Barr’s views on Trump’s actions after the 2020 election are decidedly more sour. He didn’t hold back when Weiss asked what he felt watching the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol unfold.

“I was disgusted and mortified and feeling very angry. I felt this whole thing had hurt the Republican Party and hurt the reputation of the administration even more than before. I was angry about that. Everyone I knew in the administration was angry about that. I also felt that it was just a Keystone Cops exercise. There wasn’t a genuine threat of overthrowing the government, as far as I was concerned, it was just a circus,” Barr said, adding that “the whole thing, to me, was a big embarrassment.”

The riot, Barr said, was “a shameful episode. ... And the president certainly precipitated it.”

As for the current legal standoff between Trump and both the Justice Department and the National Archives, Barr said he is waiting to see what information emerges before he draws a final conclusion about what the government has said was hundreds of pages of classified documents improperly stored at Trump’s Florida estate.

When does Barr's book come out? Obviously, he's hoping the media will hype it for him.

Voters Beware !!!!

Former Attorney General William Barr said that former President Donald Trump was resorting to “extortion” to continue to exert influence over the Republican Party, and said he still hasn’t decided what to make of the FBI search of Mar-a-Lago and the government’s recovery of hundreds of pages of classified documents.

In a lengthy interview published Thursday, former New York Times editor Bari Weiss asked Barr why more Republicans did not simply come out and say that Trump’s claims that election fraud had prevented him from winning the 2020 election were, to use Barr's previous word, “bullshit.”

“The tactic that Trump is using to exert this control over the Republican Party is extortion,” Barr said of his former boss. “What other great leader has done this? Telling the party, ‘If it’s not me, I’m going to ruin your election chances by telling my base to sit home. And I’ll sabotage whoever you nominate other than me.’ It shows what he’s all about. He’s all about himself.”

Barr recounted Trump's fury on Dec. 1, 2020, when he learned that his attorney general had given an interview to the Associated Press and told them there was no evidence of widespread election fraud. Trump exploded at Barr over the interview, a clash that reportedly led Barr to tender his resignation on the spot before being convinced by White House counsel Pat Cipollone to wait to announce his departure.

Although Trump once had nothing but public praise for Barr, his has since turned on his former attorney general, calling him a RINO — short for “Republican in name only” — who didn’t “have the courage or stamina to go after voter fraud.”

Weiss asked Barr, who also served as attorney general under President George H.W. Bush, whether he underestimated “Trump’s disregard for the truth and disregard for the results of the election.”

“I underestimated how far he would take it. I thought on Dec. 14, when I tendered my resignation, the states had all certified the votes. To me, that was it. That was the last stop,” Barr said. “There was no process beyond that which would allow him to challenge the election. I thought it was safe to leave at that point. I was wrong. I did not expect him to take it as far as he did with these very wacky legal theories that no one gave any credence to.”

But Barr’s views on Trump’s actions after the 2020 election are decidedly more sour. He didn’t hold back when Weiss asked what he felt watching the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol unfold.

“I was disgusted and mortified and feeling very angry. I felt this whole thing had hurt the Republican Party and hurt the reputation of the administration even more than before. I was angry about that. Everyone I knew in the administration was angry about that. I also felt that it was just a Keystone Cops exercise. There wasn’t a genuine threat of overthrowing the government, as far as I was concerned, it was just a circus,” Barr said, adding that “the whole thing, to me, was a big embarrassment.”

The riot, Barr said, was “a shameful episode. ... And the president certainly precipitated it.”

As for the current legal standoff between Trump and both the Justice Department and the National Archives, Barr said he is waiting to see what information emerges before he draws a final conclusion about what the government has said was hundreds of pages of classified documents improperly stored at Trump’s Florida estate.

I don't think William Barr did his homework on the election fraud because he didn't have the experience of 20 years ago listening to Precinct Chairmen Democrats bragging about how many times they voted and let their friends vote online at Time Magazine then- forum/boards. Had he read what I read he'd know the Democrats are proud of their voting frauds and were likely thrilled to know that together, they could add millions of unvotes to count as votes using names and addresses of people who did not go to the polls, and how they cheated for months writing up cheater ballots of nonexistent voters. and submitting them without proof of identity via mail or computer in some states.

Most criminals do not tell anyone that they committed a crime, and if not apprehended 100% of the criminals who disappeared before arrests were made got off scott free merely by changing names, getting new drivers' licenses in other states and stealing someone else's identity by one means or another.

No evidence? That's how the Deep state Democrats planned it to perfection. Basement Joe was not well-liked before running for President. NO WAY was honesty ever a part of the Democrat push to take away the wins from Republicans by hook and by crook. And that's what I think is the truth. Barr may have had a beef with President Trump and is serving up a serves-you-right negative review that falls far short of giving the former president the right to free speech because he thinks the obvious is true.

Forum List

Back