Bank of America joins big US Banks refusing to finance drilling in Arctic Refuge

The government does and has long subsidized oil also.
No.

the government does not give my tax money to my neighbor to put gas in his car they way it does to put solar panels on his house

Last edited:
This is the way change SHOULD happen. Not by the statists eroding away our freedoms having big brother wipe all our asses.

So instead of big government over reach, we should have big business overreach?
I assume you think businesses should be forced to use their property against their will?

I do not
Then why did you say that? You made it sound negative for a business to conduct business how they see fit.

If a bank decides it's not in their best interest to give a loan then that's their decision.

I really doubt that was your position when they were forced to make loans to blacks that they knew would never be repaid.

I hope you are right. The sun shines bright in Florida almost 365 days a year. Would be nice having NO electric bills. LOL
The reason solar seems to be expanding is because the government is subsidizes it

without massive giveaways solar would be a sick puppy

As I said if solar was viable everyone in the State would have them.

Because you are a coward that refuses to actually defend your positions.
Ask a serious question and I will answer it

so far all I’ve seen are stupidities such as “Would you force banks to do what they have decided is against their best interests?”

no one here has suggested that so it must come from you brain where government intervention is common

This is the way change SHOULD happen. Not by the statists eroding away our freedoms having big brother wipe all our asses.

I assume you think businesses should be forced to use their property against their will?

I do doubt that the founders intended for Business to run the country or force submission to the business's beliefs.

We have put Google, Facebook, and Twitter in charge of the Government and allowed Big Banks to control what can be produced, oil, gas, firearms -
So banks shouldnt be able to choose who they do business with? lol

It's not big government overreach and statism when its my ox being gored. :crybaby:

I do not
Then why did you say that? You made it sound negative for a business to conduct business how they see fit.

If a bank decides it's not in their best interest to give a loan then that's their decision.

I really doubt that was your position when they were forced to make loans to blacks that they knew would never be repaid.

Your slip is showing.

The reason solar seems to be expanding is because the government is subsidizes it

The subsidies help current solar technology be competitive, but that has nothing to do with the rate at which the technology is advancing. That's what's being discussed. Currently solar struggles to be competitive on its own, but the technology gets cheaper and more efficient every year. It's only a matter of time.

Because you are a coward that refuses to actually defend your positions.
Ask a serious wuestion and I will answer it

so far all I’ve seen are stupidities such as “Would you force banks to do what they have decided is against their best interests?”

no one here has suggested that so it must come from you brain where government intervention is common

The thread is condemning the banks for doing just that. They made a business decision, end of discussion.

I hope you are right. The sun shines bright in Florida almost 365 days a year. Would be nice having NO electric bills. LOL

As I said if solar was viable everyone in the State would have them.
We know solar is not viable when government has to pay homeowners to do it

I do not

Your slip is showing.

In what way?

I do not

I am against the private sector being forced to do just about anything against their will.

I do doubt that the founders intended for Business to run the country or force submission to the business's beliefs.

We have put Google, Facebook, and Twitter in charge of the Government and allowed Big Banks to control what can be produced, oil, gas, firearms -
So banks shouldnt be able to choose who they do business with? lol

It's not big government overreach and statism when its my ox being gored. :crybaby:
Bingo

I do not

I am against the private sector being forced to do just about anything against their will.

Was it wrong to force DuPont to pay for the mess they created?

A lasting legacy: DuPont, C8 contamination and the community of Parkersburg left to grapple with the consequences

Someone will come along and finance it, and they will make billions of dollars as a result...
Only if gas is sold at $4 bucks a gallon will they make billions. With gas being as cheap as it is and with California banning the sale of internal combustion driven vehicles by 2035 ( the rest of the west coast states will follow along) there isn`t really a big demand for gas these days. People working from home aren`t buying much gas either.
I suspect the california greenies will find that all-electric cars in that state by 2035 is as unrealistic as dreams of flying cars were in the 1960’s
China`s goal is to go all electric by 2040 and China is the world`s largest car market. Detroit will have no choice but to follow them and so will the rest of the world.

Forum List

Back