Banishing Brilliance in Trump's America

unless you're muslim, then you can take your incredible knowledge and skill to canada
.... but our constitution says we dont discriminate based on religion?...
but our so-called president has never read that constitution.
There are lots of Muslims here. The ban didn't say no Muslim, Muslims from other nations are allowed in. Christians from banned nations aren't. Liberals can't see past their ideologies, everything goes through a filter.
I just can't see past the fact that Donnie called for "a total shut down of Muslims entering america"
I listen to his words and hold him accountable. Why don't you?
Because you filtered out everything you can't face. He said until we figure things out. Many people had just been slaughtered. Your solution is what? However, during the campaign he backed off and said troubled regions. That too was still temporary. We tried it your way, ignorance, and it isn't working.
Trump couldn't figure his way out of a paper bag. We have the best getting process ever known to man kind. We have never had a problem or attack that this ban could have stopped.
Obama's approach was to slow down the influx while adjusting the vetting process.
Donnies antiislamic rhetoric is a bow wrapped present for ISIS recruiters "see we told you Americans hate us"
And obviously a very big deterant for those who once viewed America with pride and prestige.
Yes, we know your vast fortune makes Trump's pale in comparison. He gave his kids a good head start though. ISIS and Islamic whack jobs were killing people just fine, like I said. So they hate us more because we want to slow it down? That's irrational. If they do think that then tough shit. Hillary was going to bring in many times more than Obama did. Thank God she lost.
You can not separate Muslims from extremists. Until you figure that out you will never be able to effectively participate in this or similar conversations.

The best and the brightest will have to look elsewhere to develop their knowledge and practice their skills

Early effects of Trump's muslim Ban:

Ramin Forouzandeh had applied to 13 PhD economics programs in the United States, but after President Donald Trump signed his first travel ban in January, the 25-year-old Iranian turned to Canada for other options.

He said he had focused on U.S. schools because they hosted most of the world's top 20 economics programs. "Before the travel ban, I never really considered other alternatives."

His countryman, Mahdi Ebrahimi Kahou, 30, was well into his first year of the Minnesota program when he decided to transfer to the University of British Columbia because of Trump's executive orders that banned travel from seven and later six Muslim-majority countries, including Iran.

"I lost my motivation to work completely," he said.

A Reuters survey of 19 Canadian universities showed a spike in international applications, most notably from Iran and India. Five top Canadian economics and business PhD programs are getting at least half of their new Iranian students this fall because of the ban, based on interviews with universities and students.

"This strikes at the heart of what has made U.S. higher education the envy of the world," said Mary Sue Coleman, chair of the Association of American Universities

How important is the participation of immigrants in higher education?

Students from outside the United States accounted for 51 percent of Ph.D. recipients in science and engineering in 2003, up from 27 percent in 1973. In 2003, doctorate recipients from outside the United States accounted for 50 percent of Ph.D.s awarded in the physical sciences, 67 percent in engineering, and 68 percent in economics.

In 2015, at least 35 percent of graduate students at U.S. universities granting graduate degrees in science, engineering and health were foreigners, according to the National Science Foundation.

At Arizona State University, for example, Iranians would typically make up a fourth of the economics PhD program, but there will be none in the incoming class this fall.

Long Term effects:
America does not currently have enough physicians! The situation becomes even more alarming when one considers that the U.S. population is expanding. As a result, the American Medical Association projects that by 2025, the U.S. will face a shortage of more than 90,000 physicians.

The American Medical Association estimates that foreign-born doctors constitute approximately 27 percent of the U.S. physician workforce, nearly double the proportion of foreign born in the population as a whole.

In an article in the journal Demography, Vanderbilt University professor Mariano Sana reported that the ratio of foreign-born to U.S.-born scientists and engineers doubled in little more than a decade (see figure).1 In 1994, there were 6.2 U.S.-born workers for every foreign-born worker in science and engineering occupations. By 2006, the ratio was 3.1 to 1.

But there's also the bottom line. A recent survey shows students from those six countries alone bring in more than $500 million to the U.S. economy each year.

Trump's travel bans spook some students, fan fears of broader chill
Travel Ban's 'Chilling Effect' Could Cost Universities Hundreds Of Millions
America's Future Doctors: Immigrants and the Medical Profession | HuffPost
More U.S. Scientists and Engineers Are Foreign-Born
So what you saying is that the intelligent Muslims come from these 6 countries and the other billion or so are stupid ?

There are lots of Muslims here. The ban didn't say no Muslim, Muslims from other nations are allowed in. Christians from banned nations aren't. Liberals can't see past their ideologies, everything goes through a filter.
I just can't see past the fact that Donnie called for "a total shut down of Muslims entering america"
Because you filtered out everything you can't face. He said until we figure things out. Many people had just been slaughtered. Your solution is what? However, during the campaign he backed off and said troubled regions. That too was still temporary. We tried it your way, ignorance, and it isn't working.
Trump couldn't figure his way out of a paper bag. We have the best getting process ever known to man kind. We have never had a problem or attack that this ban could have stopped.
Obama's approach was to slow down the influx while adjusting the vetting process.
Donnies antiislamic rhetoric is a bow wrapped present for ISIS recruiters "see we told you Americans hate us"
And obviously a very big deterant for those who once viewed America with pride and prestige.
Yes, we know your vast fortune makes Trump's pale in comparison. He gave his kids a good head start though. ISIS and Islamic whack jobs were killing people just fine, like I said. So they hate us more because we want to slow it down? That's irrational. If they do think that then tough shit. Hillary was going to bring in many times more than Obama did. Thank God she lost.
You can not separate Muslims from extremists. Until you figure that out you will never be able to effectively participate in this or similar conversations.
LOL, you arrogant piece of shit. I think a career in medicine or some profession might be a CLUE. Your brain dead approach is dangerous. We can't ever let liberals have that kind of power again.

The best and the brightest will have to look elsewhere to develop their knowledge and practice their skills

Ramin Forouzandeh had applied to 13 PhD economics programs in the United States, but after President Donald Trump signed his first travel ban in January, the 25-year-old Iranian turned to Canada for other options.

He said he had focused on U.S. schools because they hosted most of the world's top 20 economics programs. "Before the travel ban, I never really considered other alternatives."

His countryman, Mahdi Ebrahimi Kahou, 30, was well into his first year of the Minnesota program when he decided to transfer to the University of British Columbia because of Trump's executive orders that banned travel from seven and later six Muslim-majority countries, including Iran.

A Reuters survey of 19 Canadian universities showed a spike in international applications, most notably from Iran and India. Five top Canadian economics and business PhD programs are getting at least half of their new Iranian students this fall because of the ban, based on interviews with universities and students.

"This strikes at the heart of what has made U.S. higher education the envy of the world," said Mary Sue Coleman, chair of the Association of American Universities

Students from outside the United States accounted for 51 percent of Ph.D. recipients in science and engineering in 2003, up from 27 percent in 1973. In 2003, doctorate recipients from outside the United States accounted for 50 percent of Ph.D.s awarded in the physical sciences, 67 percent in engineering, and 68 percent in economics.

In 2015, at least 35 percent of graduate students at U.S. universities granting graduate degrees in science, engineering and health were foreigners, according to the National Science Foundation.

At Arizona State University, for example, Iranians would typically make up a fourth of the economics PhD program, but there will be none in the incoming class this fall.

Long Term effects:
America does not currently have enough physicians! The situation becomes even more alarming when one considers that the U.S. population is expanding. As a result, the American Medical Association projects that by 2025, the U.S. will face a shortage of more than 90,000 physicians.

The American Medical Association estimates that foreign-born doctors constitute approximately 27 percent of the U.S. physician workforce, nearly double the proportion of foreign born in the population as a whole.

In an article in the journal Demography, Vanderbilt University professor Mariano Sana reported that the ratio of foreign-born to U.S.-born scientists and engineers doubled in little more than a decade (see figure).1 In 1994, there were 6.2 U.S.-born workers for every foreign-born worker in science and engineering occupations. By 2006, the ratio was 3.1 to 1.

But there's also the bottom line. A recent survey shows students from those six countries alone bring in more than $500 million to the U.S. economy each year.

So what you saying is that the intelligent Muslims come from these 6 countries and the other billion or so are stupid ?
Lol.
What I'm saying is by going against the long-standing American policy of freedom of religion all Muslims even ones from other countries will think twice about American universities. It's a lose lose situation. They lose, we lose.

Only people that win are the racists.

LOL, you arrogant piece of shit. I think a career in medicine or some profession might be a CLUE. Your brain dead approach is dangerous. We can't ever let liberals have that kind of power again.
And POP goes the weasel.
:beer:

Long Term effects:

Lol.
What I'm saying is by going against the long-standing American policy of freedom of religion all Muslims even ones from other countries will think twice about American universities. It's a lose lose situation. They lose, we lose.

Maybe we should focus more on educating the people here in the US instead of importing and incase you didn't know Muslim is not a race.

Also, I can't help but wonder, if they are so brilliant, why can't they figure out how to help their country vet immigrants so they can get off the list? Especially perplexing because the ban isn't currently being enforced due to judicial overreach.

So what reason do I have to conclude these people are brilliant or being kept out?

It currently takes 2 years of vetting to get into the USA on a student visa so these students are well vetted. That you think otherwise shows you're willing to believe any lie Trump tells you.

The medical establishment in the USA controls how many students get into medical school. The numbers are being deliberately kept low to keep demand and prices high.

If you had half a brain, you'd look into shit like this for yourself and learn how thoroughly Trump and the Republicans are lying to you.

Long Term effects:

Lol.

Not one foreigner in the world has any constitutional right to come here.

Long Term effects:

Lol.

Maybe we should focus more on educating the people here in the US instead of importing and incase you didn't know Muslim is not a race.
Yes we need to make education affordable for our kids but banning intelligence from outside the country only hurts our education system.
Yes i am aware being Muslim isn't a race, I'm just not sure the racists know that. They discrimate anyways.

That's correct, therefore most should not be allowed into God-fearing USA. :)

PS: A muslim doesn't have to be "extremist" to run around trying to kill his daughter for not marrying who he arranged for her.

LMGTFY

HOLY COW! You mean the tech companies will have to actually pay Americans MORE for the work they will be doing? You mean that all those two faced assholes telling American students to take all of those STEM classes, and going into massive debt to do so will actually have to now hire them insted of the cheap labor from India and elsewhere? So those American students will actually be able to get jobs in this new America? I say GOOD!
The number of American students getting into scientific or technological fields is very low compared to other nations. I guess we'll just ban the Muslims to make the racists happy and our country will no longer be competitive on the world stage.

Maybe it's time to cut back on frivolous courses and don't let people who aren't college material into college. :dunno:
Or we can stop the science denying and the education bashing. The new GOP has made it "cool" to be uneducated. Higher education should be available for anyone who wants it. STEAM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) programs need more funding and integration into high school courses.

So you accept that there are two genders and that an unborn baby is a living and unique child?
Science tells me that before the point of viability a fetus is just a collection of cells.
Gender is a social construct.
Sex is where the science would come in and some people are born male some people are born female and some people are born both so that already knocks your 2 gender theory out of the water.

Gosh, facts are so useful.
You should try them some time.

You realize science says the exact opposite of everythinyg you just said.

How can anyone talk with someone so delusional?

Last edited:
Democrats don't want American children to do well on the off chance that the achievers are white. Whatever other bloodthirsty goals they have, most muslims are at least dark skinned.

Democrats don't want American children to do well on the off chance that the achievers are white. Whatever other bloodthirsty goals they have, most muslims are at least dark skinned.
Wow. I'm guessing that you lost a job due to affirmative action.

The number of American students getting into scientific or technological fields is very low compared to other nations. I guess we'll just ban the Muslims to make the racists happy and our country will no longer be competitive on the world stage.

Maybe it's time to cut back on frivolous courses and don't let people who aren't college material into college. :dunno:
Or we can stop the science denying and the education bashing. The new GOP has made it "cool" to be uneducated. Higher education should be available for anyone who wants it. STEAM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) programs need more funding and integration into high school courses.

So you accept that there are two genders and that an unborn baby is a living and unique child?
Science tells me that before the point of viability a fetus is just a collection of cells.
Sex is where the science would come in and some people are born male some people are born female and some people are born both so that already knocks your 2 gender theory out of the water.

You realize science says the exact opposite of everythinyou just said.

You being ignorant doesn't make me delusional.
Humans can be born with male genitalia, female genitalia, or a combination of both known as intersex.
That proves at LEAST 3 genders right off the bat.
What a nut you are

‘I was born both male and female’

Long Term effects:

Lol.

No one said they did. What the OP is talking about is just a few of the economic consequences of the poorly thought out Muslim ban.

Other tourists, businesses, and people who would otherwise be going to the US for business or pleasure are also looking elsewhere and going elsewhere and my country is going to make out like a bandit from this foolishness.

Wow. I'm guessing that you lost a job due to affirmative action.
Don't mind drunkkitty... she hates people of color... also fantasizes about slaughtering all potheads..
Overall she is just a very unhinged, hateful, violent person. Must be a hard life.

Hop

1. The GOP has not made it cool to be uneducated.

2. Higher education should NOT be available for anyone that wants it. Many people can't handle it. Many fields that now require degrees, shouldn't.

3. Throwing more money at the problem hasn't worked for the last 50 years. It won't start working today.

4. FAMILY SUPPORT is what determines education success. We've known this since the Moynihan Report in 1965

1. The GOP has made it cool to be uneducated by constantly bashing our educational institutions and categorizing anyone with a degree as "elitist"
(they have also turned science denying into a professional sport)
2. Higher education should be available to everyone who wants it. If they can't pass then they fail, at least they tried and got the opportunity to do so, why do you think education should be reserved for the wealthy?
3. Science/technology needs funding. Period. Any nitwit knows that.
4. Family support is important but in no way a necessity.

Welp, the number of foreign students coming here and potentially being radicalized at the University or nearby mosque just dropped.

Good! Also, that opens up opportunities for American students.
During my college days, I roomed with a Muslim girl. Year one she had barely tried anything, never been to a party, never had a drop of alcohol, never kissed a boy. By our fourth year we were smoking joints together and getting drunk. (she also got that first kiss)
she was radicalized all right :biggrin: right into american culture
Hopeshe didn't end up dead for it...

You realize science says the exact opposite of everythinyou just said.

You being ignorant doesn't make me delusional.
Humans can be born with male genitalia, female genitalia, or a combination of both known as intersex.
That proves at LEAST 3 genders right off the bat.
What a nut you are

‘I was born both male and female’

And that's all there is. About 1 in every 2200 is born hermaphrodite, not exactly a majority of the population.

Long Term effects:

Lol.

No one said they did. What the OP is talking about is just a few of the economic consequences of the poorly thought out Muslim ban.

Other tourists, businesses, and people who would otherwise be going to the US for business or pleasure are also looking elsewhere and going elsewhere and my country is going to make out like a bandit from this foolishness.

1. The common on "no right" was directed at Aries, who was acting like there foreigners have a right to come here.

2. HOw much were the lives of the Americans killed in Orlando worth in your mind, in dollar figures?

Forum List

Back