Ban affirmative action. Support equality based on merit.

We should do away with preferences for skin color, gender, sexuality. That is discrimination. Those who support affirmative action support discrimination. Those who support discrimination are bigots and supremacists.

Hence, the supporters of affirmative action are bigots and supremacists, as if that isn't the most obvious insight since someone said the sun is hot..

Why are the Democrats so afraid of equality? The democrat party has never supported equality. It has supported

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

What is wrong with a merit standard?

If you believe your own demographic is too inferior to stand up in an equal merit based society, does that not make you a bigot and supremacist?

The left cannot debate this issue.

They rather will respond with hate and card tosses...
You'll fit in great here, getting everything exactly ass backwards is a popular stance around here.
Did your parents have any children that weren't mentally challenged?
People fighting bigotry with programs that encourage minority hiring are not racist; they are trying to combat it, shortbus.
> People fighting bigotry with programs that encourage minority hiring are not racist; they are trying to combat it, shortbus.

OldLady, you just said that hiring based upon race is not racist. Literally.

You don't fight racism by instituting racist policies.

Instead of an insult you deserve, I'll give you a compliment... Cute avatar. :)
Racism involves believing other groups are inferior to yours. It's not a racist policy to break centuries of bigotry by encouraging minorities get a chance.
You can't fight racism with racism. Wake up.

We should do away with preferences for skin color, gender, sexuality. That is discrimination. Those who support affirmative action support discrimination. Those who support discrimination are bigots and supremacists.

Hence, the supporters of affirmative action are bigots and supremacists, as if that isn't the most obvious insight since someone said the sun is hot..

Why are the Democrats so afraid of equality? The democrat party has never supported equality. It has supported

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

If you believe your own demographic is too inferior to stand up in an equal merit based society, does that not make you a bigot and supremacist?

You'll fit in great here, getting everything exactly ass backwards is a popular stance around here.
People fighting bigotry with programs that encourage minority hiring are not racist; they are trying to combat it, shortbus.
> People fighting bigotry with programs that encourage minority hiring are not racist; they are trying to combat it, shortbus.

Racism involves believing other groups are inferior to yours. It's not a racist policy to break centuries of bigotry by encouraging minorities get a chance.
youre implying minorities are inferior and should be hired or selected because of that for equality,,

so youre a racist to support AA
Nope. I'm saying minorities deserve an equal chance. We tried just telling people to do it; they didn't. So we went to policies.

No, they did it.....Affirmative action is racism no matter how much lipstick you put on it...

The reality of America shows us that from 1776 until 1965 by written law, race was the factor for everything. 56 years cannot erase the damage caused in 189 years and especially since those laws don't get followed.

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

“Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid "affirmative action" hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity" demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.”

USMB member Flash, spoken in 2020

He didn't consider merit and denied people jobs based only on race for 20 years beginning long after Affirmative Action was the law. Flash is not the only white person who has done this. So the OP is bullshit and the dumb ass racist Asian needs to shut his ass repeating right wing names for people. The only professional victims in this country are right wing whites and Asianwannabewhites. These people are full of "woe is me" even though they have been given everything the government has to give.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

Yes...it is. It is called racism no matter what the intent....and discriminating against people because people in the past with their same skin color did bad things is called racism....
In the past? Things are better; we are slowly convincing people that a black, a woman, a Latino, a Native American, can do an equally good job as the average white guy. But there are still plenty of people who don't see it and would still not give those people a chance to succeed or fail.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

You can't fight racism with racism. Wake up.
No one is fighting racism with racism.

Wake up.

Vop mrs. The glaring point that in many cases people who aren't White don't get the same opportunities as white people.

I agree that formative action is not the right way to go since it just creates a quota system are you have to have X number of minority involvement, but the Opie wants to pretend that everyone has equal opportunity and equal access to things like education and jobs when statistics clearly show that isn't true.

Exactly...the democrat party is keeping Asian Americans out of universities because they score higher and do better than everyone else...that is called racism......and the democrat party is the one doing it...just like all the other racism in the country.
Remember when the US advocated for EXCELLENCE, to be the best in the world? Then, we decided to embrace "equity" so everyone has to be "dumbed down" to the level of the least of us. RIP USA.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

youre implying minorities are inferior and should be hired or selected because of that for equality,,

Nope. I'm saying minorities deserve an equal chance. We tried just telling people to do it; they didn't. So we went to policies.

No, they did it.....Affirmative action is racism no matter how much lipstick you put on it...
Wrong.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

No it's not.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

No it's not.
yes it is,,,

Vop mrs. The glaring point that in many cases people who aren't White don't get the same opportunities as white people.

I agree that formative action is not the right way to go since it just creates a quota system are you have to have X number of minority involvement, but the Opie wants to pretend that everyone has equal opportunity and equal access to things like education and jobs when statistics clearly show that isn't true.

Exactly...the democrat party is keeping Asian Americans out of universities because they score higher and do better than everyone else...that is called racism......and the democrat party is the one doing it...just like all the other racism in the country.
Remember when the US advocated for EXCELLENCE, to be the best in the world? Then, we decided to embrace "equity" so everyone has to be "dumbed down" to the level of the least of us. RIP USA.
The US never advocated for excellence. It advocated for white male preference.

That's why we forced the democrats to free their black slaves, and why we fought the democrats to give blacks equal Rights?

You are an idiot.

"Yes...it is. It is called racism no matter what the intent....and discriminating against people because people in the past with their same skin color did bad things is called racism...."

The same racism happens now. This forum and more specifically this thread is evidence of it.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

Yes...it is. It is called racism no matter what the intent....and discriminating against people because people in the past with their same skin color did bad things is called racism....
In the past? Things are better; we are slowly convincing people that a black, a woman, a Latino, a Native American, can do an equally good job as the average white guy. But there are still plenty of people who don't see it and would still not give those people a chance to succeed or fail.
so you want to GIVE minorities a chance by forcing people to hire them even if they arent qualified,,

not sure i would want to fly in that plane,,,

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

They made laws to address discrimination and you morons, like today, refuse to enforce existing laws and turn to racism to answer racism--don't you see a problem with that. Silly me--No you don't.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

you think minorities need your encouragement? I don’t know sounds awfully paternalistic
I'm not one who hires or selects students to my university. But some of them do, yeah.

My way of “encouraging minorities” is a little different than yours. If I were in power I would tell them this is the best country in the world and they’re free apply themselves and compete for success just like everyone else.

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

No it's not.

It really is tho

Okay, so how do you want to go about dismantling the system that is in place?
remove skin color and gender from all applications,, problem solved,,,

It's not in any applications. They tried a study where they mixed up the names on resumes. The "black names" got picked WAY less than the white sounding names. When they swapped the names around and put the white names on the black people's resumes, the white names got picked. It wasn't their skills or their "merit's". The HR staff were picking the applicants they thought were white.

> It's not in any applications.

It was on my son's college applications.

It was also on the US Census we filled out. We checked "other" and wrote in "US citizen." Unlike Senator Warner, we have not had DNA tests to determine if we are Native Americans or not.

You must see these check boxes occasionally as well.

That's why we forced the democrats to free their black slaves, and why we fought the democrats to give blacks equal Rights?

You are an idiot.

the only reason the civil rights act was needed was because dems spent 100 yrs oppressing black people,,,

Slavery
Segregation
Affirmative action

so you want to GIVE minorities a chance by forcing people to hire them even if they arent qualified,,

not sure i would want to fly in that plane,,,
Those students are being accepted to a training school. If they don't demonstrate competence, they won't pass. Therefore, they won't fly. What gives you the idea that these minority candidates will be any less qualified when they're trained?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Forum List

Back