Baltimore Bridge May Take 10 Years to Rebuild

it was built for shipping volume and ship sizes for the 1970s.
Because of the low clearance on the Key Bridge, the Baltimore Harbor has been limited for decades.
The bridge needs to be built higher and the channels deeper to handle larger ships
True.
I'm sure that the re-design will take the channel widening and deepening into effect.
What I'm wondering is if the design ship just got bigger.
Click on the "engineering" link to see the proposed channel with FSK bridge there, I'm betting the bridge gets higher.

Hyper inflation will set in this year .
Initial underwater examination shows a far more complex mess than envisaged.

As initially commented , the full cost effects will exceed the direct costs of 9/11 and show that this False Flag might be the most successful one ever , with dire economic effects both north and south and with global domino consequences .

China ? Russia ?/ Deep State through proxies ?
As top investigative reporter Lara Logan has openly blogged -- every single Intel Agency contact knows and privately talks about the incident as 100% deliberate .
The case for deliberate has these:
1. Found a vulnerable bridge, with inadequate pier protection.
2. Found a ship with documented engine and power issues. (accident waiting to happen)
3. Fact that big ship did knock down bridge with direct hit means it could have been planned. (low probability ship failed at exact time and place to knock bridge down)

The case against a deliberate action:
1. Crew was not in command of ship, the US pilot was (in theory)
2. No IMF team infiltrated the crew (as far as I know)
3. The dropping of the anchor was a random act with unknown consequences since the channel bottom is very soft
4. Without power the rudder was not under direct control by the Pilot nor below deck (I think)

As long as it takes to modernize the Port of Baltimore to handle todays mega ships
Why even build ports in cities in this new era? New Orleans is a dead end. When it flooded, they had options. So, it was returned as was and is constantly a disaster threat to happen again. They could have reduced the population y a huge percentage and just made it an industrial port.

Why even build ports in cities in this new era? New Orleans is a dead end. When it flooded, they had options. So, it was returned as was and is constantly a disaster threat to happen again. They could have reduced the population y a huge percentage and just made it an industrial port.
Cities are built around natural ports

Cities are built around natural ports
Until they overwhelm the ports. Baltimore offers nothing for the ports today. It is a city in decline with a growing poverty. In fact, it benefitted from closer to D.C. Newer ports with modern highways and railroads and pipelines would be far more efficient if further away from urban areas. New Orleans is below sea level and sinking more and more with a corrupted Prog controlled government. Resources earmarked for preventing flooding as we saw in the billions over the years is not accounted for. We waste so much while others suffer.

I can see a couple of years to be spent by the left completing a study of the racial and 'equity' impacts to be addressed.

Until they overwhelm the ports. Baltimore offers nothing for the ports today. It is a city in decline with a growing poverty. In fact, it benefitted from closer to D.C. Newer ports with modern highways and railroads and pipelines would be far more efficient if further away from urban areas. New Orleans is below sea level and sinking more and more with a corrupted Prog controlled government. Resources earmarked for preventing flooding as we saw in the billions over the years is not accounted for. We waste so much while others suffer.
The Port of Baltimore is ideal with access to extensive rail lines, major highways and cities on the East Coast Corridor.
DC has no port

The last one was built in the 1970s, lasted 50+ years, and was being maintained to last another 50.
You keep typing lies for some reason?

ALL bridges are built by the lowest bidder.
This post by a fuckup supporter who voted against the last infrastructure bill.

IMHO the design/construction timeline for the new FSK bridge will be similar to the Tappan-Zee Bridge over the Hudson River.
The Tappan Zee is a toll bridge, I doubt that the new FSK bridge will be a toll bridge.
Construction on the massive T-Z bridges took 4-years. The approaches to the new FSK bridge may have to be raised, complicating the design. The good news is that the 8-lane T-Z bridge handled 140,000 vehicles per day, while the FSK bridge "only" handles 34,000 vehicles per day, so roughly half as big as the T-Z bridge, although two separate structures provides redundancy.

1712156820704.jpeg

Point of this post being that this thread title predicting up to 10-years is way off.
Allowing for 1-year to design the new bridge while demolition and boring info is gathered, 3-years of construction seems more than adequate. My prediction is about 4-years from today to the new FSK opening.

it was built for shipping volume and ship sizes for the 1970s.
Because of the low clearance the channel on the Key Bridge, the Baltimore Harbor has been limited for decades.
The bridge needs to be built higher and the channels deeper to handle larger ships
They can't deepen the channel. There are major gas pipelines under the channel.

And I have no doubt the cost will be 50X what they budgeted at the start.

To put a man on the moon required seven years, eight months, and 23 days.

Hoover Dam took six years, two months, and four days after the first shovelful of dirt was moved to become fully operational and producing electricity.

The Roman Coliseum in Rome took 5 years to construct 2,000 years ago.

The Empire State Building was completed after just one year and 45 days of construction.

Golden Gate Bridge took 4 years to build.

Welcome to the 21st century.

For every one worker working, 5 will have to supervise. And when there's cut backs, the worker that does the work gets laid off.

Give the job to the Japanese, a new bridge will be up within the week.

Might be quicker to bore a tunnel. Get Musk on the case.

For every one worker working, 5 will have to supervise. And when there's cut backs, the worker that does the work gets laid off.

Give the job to the Japanese, a new bridge will be up within the week.

Might be quicker to bore a tunnel. Get Musk on the case.
Life is so easy when you get to make up your own facts

The Tappan Zee is a toll bridge, I doubt that the new FSK bridge will be a toll bridge.
The FSK bridge was a toll bridge, I assume the replacement will be as well.

I don't know what they will gain by making it higher- the FSK had 185 feet of clearance, and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge is something like 182 feet.

Any ship that goes to Baltimore has to first clear the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, so....

And I have no doubt the cost will be 50X what they budgeted at the start.

To put a man on the moon required seven years, eight months, and 23 days.

Hoover Dam took six years, two months, and four days after the first shovelful of dirt was moved to become fully operational and producing electricity.

The Roman Coliseum in Rome took 5 years to construct 2,000 years ago.

The Empire State Building was completed after just one year and 45 days of construction.

Golden Gate Bridge took 4 years to build.

Welcome to the 21st century.

If that time estimate is accurate, then no wonder China and Russia and Iran no longer fear the United States of America.

So ... 20 years?
~~~~~~
Well, they have to think about what it will do to the fish and run all those EPA tests first.
I can see a couple of years to be spent by the left completing a study of the racial and 'equity' impacts to be addressed.
A Couple of years is not enough according to Democrat Neo-Marxists. They of course would have to also run an EPA study before the first pile could be driven.

Forum List

Back