Baltimore Bridge May Take 10 Years to Rebuild

And I have no doubt the cost will be 50X what they budgeted at the start.

To put a man on the moon required seven years, eight months, and 23 days.

Hoover Dam took six years, two months, and four days after the first shovelful of dirt was moved to become fully operational and producing electricity.

The Roman Coliseum in Rome took 5 years to construct 2,000 years ago.

The Empire State Building was completed after just one year and 45 days of construction.

Golden Gate Bridge took 4 years to build.

Welcome to the 21st century.

Slow and over budget is the way now.

Horseshit. Do you know how long they have been saying "construction can begin in as little as 2 years"?

They haven't even come up with a plan, or done any actual environmentals. There will be the inevitable lawsuits, the fight over the MAX rail is not over, and the funding is not in place.

They are talking about tolling the I-5 bridge, which will push a shitload of traffic over to the 205 bridge and make that side of town even worse, and the cross traffic on US30/Lombard/Columbia Ave, and I-84 will double and that side is already fucked up as it is.

I ran my business in Portland and crossed that bridge every day for 17 years, so don't tell me I don't know the facts shithead.
You don't know shit.

https://www.axios.com/local/seattle/2024/03/07/interstate-5-bridge-columbia-river-new-construction

We've been hearing that shit for 15 years.

"The big picture: The recent $600 million grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation is enough to cover about 8–12% of the project's estimated cost of $5 billion to $7.5 billion.

Yes, but: Combined with other money already identified, the project is somewhere between half and two-thirds of the way toward being fully funded."

"Somewhere between half way and two-thirds funded".

Except they don't even know what they are going to build... :icon_rolleyes:

How did they build the Golden Gate in 4 years?

They kept politicians out of it. Or back then th eleadership understood, they best leave the bridgebuilding to people who knew how to build bridges and not tell them how to do their work. Todays Liberal politician is an expert in everyone elses business, which is why it increases time and money X10 for everything they touch.

They kept politicians out of it. Or back then th eleadership understood, they best leave the bridgebuilding to people who knew how to build bridges and not tell them how to do their work. Todays Liberal politician is an expert in everyone elses business, which is why it increases time and money X10 for everything they touch.
..and the kickbacks
My state has historically done very well with road/bridge building.

Even the Skyway. FDOT does not screw around. They'll outpace and underbudget the County/Feds 3-4X, and get it done right. FDOT is professional grade. Seriously, they make the County and Feds look like clowns.

..and the kickbacks
My state has historically done very well with road/bridge building.

Even the Skyway. FDOT does not screw around. They'll outpace and underbudget the County/Feds 3-4X, and get it done right. FDOT is professional grade. Seriosly, they make the County and Feds look like clowns.

Of course when you point these things out, some clown around here will start a thread about how you must hate America.

Of course when you point these things out, some clown around here will start a thread about how you must hate America.
Oh, you see, I know how fast they completed U.S. 41 and how it was rated for 80 m.ph. with banked turns and everything.
Ofc now they have de-banked the turns so you can't go so fast safely. :cuckoo:
If memory serves me right, it was 6 years for the whole thing.

Oops, it was less than that.

Last edited:
it was built for shipping volume and ship sizes for the 1970s.
Because of the low clearance on the Key Bridge, the Baltimore Harbor has been limited for decades.
The bridge needs to be built higher and the channels deeper to handle larger ships
~~~~~~
Typical Democrat Neo-Marxist thinking. No thoughts to the future.
The bridge did not have protection around the main structural piers.
That should have veen updated years ago.

What the hell has happened to people to where shit like this is acceptable?

I think it all started with ...

images.jpeg

Hyper inflation will set in this year .
Initial underwater examination shows a far more complex mess than envisaged.

As initially commented , the full cost effects will exceed the direct costs of 9/11 and show that this False Flag might be the most successful one ever , with dire economic effects both north and south and with global domino consequences .

China ? Russia ?/ Deep State through proxies ?
As top investigative reporter Lara Logan has openly blogged -- every single Intel Agency contact knows and privately talks about the incident as 100% deliberate .

Forum List

Back