Baltimore Bridge May Take 10 Years to Rebuild

They've been trying to build a new I-5 bridge between Washington and Oregon for 20 years, can't even agree on a design. They've spent millions "studying" it.

The traffic approaching the bridge backs up for 6-10 miles each way, and there are multiple accidents every single day. Sometimes it takes hours just to cross the river.

It's two parallel bridges, one NB and one SB. One side is over 100 years old and the "new" side was built in 1958. They are always closing one or the other to patch it up.

If they ever do decide what to build, it's still 10-20 years to actually build it...

And I have no doubt the cost will be 50X what they budgeted at the start.

To put a man on the moon required seven years, eight months, and 23 days.

Hoover Dam took six years, two months, and four days after the first shovelful of dirt was moved to become fully operational and producing electricity.

The Roman Coliseum in Rome took 5 years to construct 2,000 years ago.

The Empire State Building was completed after just one year and 45 days of construction.

Golden Gate Bridge took 4 years to build.

Welcome to the 21st century.

Welcome to Democrat corruption. It will be another "train to nowhere" project sucking billions out of taxpayers and going into people's pockets.

They've been trying to build a new I-5 bridge between Washington and Oregon for 20 years, can't even agree on a design. They've spent millions "studying" it.

The traffic approaching the bridge backs up for 6-10 miles each way, and there are multiple accidents every single day. Sometimes it takes hours just to cross the river.

It's two parallel bridges, one NB and one SB. One side is over 100 years old and the "new" side was built in 1958. They are always closing one or the other to patch it up.

If they ever do decide what to build, it's still 10-20 years to actually build it...
Typical of a maga fuckup to not know facts before posting. A new bridge is scheduled to begin in late 2025 or early 2026.

Typical of a maga fuckup to not know facts before posting. A new bridge is scheduled to begin in late 2025 or early 2026.
Horseshit. Do you know how long they have been saying "construction can begin in as little as 2 years"?

They haven't even come up with a plan, or done any actual environmentals. There will be the inevitable lawsuits, the fight over the MAX rail is not over, and the funding is not in place.

They are talking about tolling the I-5 bridge, which will push a shitload of traffic over to the 205 bridge and make that side of town even worse, and the cross traffic on US30/Lombard/Columbia Ave, and I-84 will double and that side is already fucked up as it is.

I ran my business in Portland and crossed that bridge every day for 17 years, so don't tell me I don't know the facts shithead.

Hoover Dam took six years, two months, and four days after the first shovelful of dirt was moved to become fully operational and producing electricity.

The Empire State Building was completed after just one year and 45 days of construction.

Joe Biden will build it back better.

1712102660189.png

Make em ride a frickin ferry

You guys need to build another Tacoma Narrows Bridge

1712103600297.gif

The last one was built in the 1970s, lasted 50+ years, and was being maintained to last another 50.
You keep typing lies for some reason?

ALL bridges are built by the lowest bidder.
it was built for shipping volume and ship sizes for the 1970s.
Because of the low clearance on the Key Bridge, the Baltimore Harbor has been limited for decades.
The bridge needs to be built higher and the channels deeper to handle larger ships

Forum List

Back