Bain: Company FOUNDED by Romney gives twice as much to Obama. WTF?

Obama raised 745 MILLION in the 2008 campaign.

Prediction: He will raise less than half that this time around.

Oh, I don't know. He raised 70 million in the last quarter, and 90 million quarter previously.

The more telling thing is that while Romney and Perry raised most of their money from big corporations and rich donors, 98% of donations came from small donors of $250.00 or less. Small donors are voters. Big donors, not so much.

Let's not forget that in the 2008 cycle, the Wall Street types dumped a lot of money in Guiliani's, Hillary and Romney's coffers, but they all failed to secure their nominations. Then McCain and Obama, guys Wall Street didn't like, found themselves the subject of all that love.

They'll hedge their bets by supporting both guys. It's the best argument for public campaign funding out there.

I am not opposed to this.

Prediction..you will still be an idiot tomorrow.

Obama is just under $100,000,000 to date ..25% more than the same juncture in 2007....$20,000,000 more than the entire GOP field.

BFD- he has the power of he bully pulpit and incumbency. If he were popular he'd have already raised $250 million- like Bush did - he's raising dog shit money....

Obama is just under $100,000,000 to date ..25% more than the same juncture in 2007....$20,000,000 more than the entire GOP field.

BFD- he has the power of he bully pulpit and incumbency. If he were popular he'd have already raised $250 million- like Bush did - he's raising dog shit money....

Okay, guy, you keep telling yourself that...

He raised four times what your Latter Day Zombie raised. And 98% of the people who gave to him were average joes donating less than $250.00 bucks.

This thing isn't even going to be close.

He raised four times what your Latter Day Zombie raised. And 98% of the people who gave to him were average joes donating less than $250.00 bucks.
You got that right, fella. We're gonna be all over the lyin' cheatin' Demmie precinct box stuffers like ugly on an ape. Obama's gonna get scat.

Mr Obama is at 40% job approval. When was the last time a President with a 40% approval was reelected?

.....Oh that's right, it was NEVER. :lol:

he's Jimmy Carter's second term....

obama-carter.jpg

You got that right, fella. We're gonna be all over the lyin' cheatin' Demmie precinct box stuffers like ugly on an ape. Obama's gonna get scat.

Not with Romney, you aren't. Romney couldn't beat Ted Kennedy and peed his magic underpants at the thought of running against Devall Patrick.

The system favors incumbants. They get the majority of news coverage, they get the bully pulpit, and they get to fly around looking presidential. To unseat one you need a pretty exceptional individual.

Romney ain't that guy.

Mr Obama is at 40% job approval. When was the last time a President with a 40% approval was reelected?

President's lowest approval ratings-

Bill Clinton- 37 (5/26/93)
Ronald Reagan - 35 (1/28/83)

They both went on to get re-elected.

And do you know what they had in common, guy?

Their parties figured that it was "somebody's turn" to have the nomination, and did whatever they could to reduce competition and make it a coronation rather than a real contest.

A lot of Democrats in 1984 thought that Gary Hart was the guy. The establishment stomped them down and nominated Walter Mondale, who went on to lose.

A lot of Republicans wanted Pat Buchanan in 1996. The Establishment stomped them down and nominated Bob Dole, who went on to lose.

Same thing going on here. Despite the fact that Tea Party types, Evangelicals, Hispanics, women are yelling "No Way!" about Romney, the party is trying it's best to smooth the path for him. They are even talking if he wins Iowa, he'll have wrapped it up. Screw those other 49 states, we are going to let a caucus decide our nominee!

Their parties figured that it was "somebody's turn" to have the nomination, and did whatever they could to reduce competition and make it a coronation rather than a real contest.

A lot of Democrats in 1984 thought that Gary Hart was the guy. The establishment stomped them down and nominated Walter Mondale, who went on to lose.

A lot of Republicans wanted Pat Buchanan in 1996. The Establishment stomped them down and nominated Bob Dole, who went on to lose.

Same thing going on here. Despite the fact that Tea Party types, Evangelicals, Hispanics, women are yelling "No Way!" about Romney, the party is trying it's best to smooth the path for him. They are even talking if he wins Iowa, he'll have wrapped it up. Screw those other 49 states, we are going to let a caucus decide our nominee!

Not at this stage of the game, guy. Reagan was at 46% and rising. Clinton was at 48% and rising - Obama is at 41% and falling......

http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

Not at this stage of the game, guy. Reagan was at 46% and rising. Clinton was at 48% and rising - Obama is at 41% and falling......

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama

NIce try, but they are always at the darkest before the dawn. It's one thing to bitch about the guy who is in now, but then people look at what you are going to offer in exchange, and they pretty quickly go with the devil they know.

Romney is simply an awful candidate. His electoral history is one of losing elections when people seriously challenge him. He was giving Ted Kennedy a run for his money in 1994, until Teddy brought up his business practices. Then he lost by 17 points.

IN 2008, he had the whole of the Wall Street Establishment backing him. Even Rush Limbuagh had endorsed him. He still came in third behind McCain (RINO) and Huckabee. He only won primaries in three states. Michigan, which no one else contested. Utah, full of his fellow LDS, and Massachusetts, which McCain didn't contest because it was his home state.

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Barack Obama

NIce try, but they are always at the darkest before the dawn. It's one thing to bitch about the guy who is in now, but then people look at what you are going to offer in exchange, and they pretty quickly go with the devil they know.

Romney is simply an awful candidate. His electoral history is one of losing elections when people seriously challenge him. He was giving Ted Kennedy a run for his money in 1994, until Teddy brought up his business practices. Then he lost by 17 points.

IN 2008, he had the whole of the Wall Street Establishment backing him. Even Rush Limbuagh had endorsed him. He still came in third behind McCain (RINO) and Huckabee. He only won primaries in three states. Michigan, which no one else contested. Utah, full of his fellow LDS, and Massachusetts, which McCain didn't contest because it was his home state.
The nominee is not decided yet. You have a very odd obsession with Mormons....:cuckoo:

The nominee is not decided yet. You have a very odd obsession with Mormons....

Yeah, I know. I mean, I have this strange notion that a cult started by a two-bit con artist who wanted to have sex with multiple teenage girls doesn't really deserve to be treated like a valid religion. And if someone thinks this is the guy God was talking to, I don't want them anywhere near nuclear weapons. I mean, call it crazy man,

I agree, the nominee is not decided yet. The GOP Beltway establishment doesn't want a contest, though. They've sandbagged every possible threat to Romney, who still hasn't risen above 25% preference on average amongst Republicans.

And do you know why, Mr. Tea Party? Because deep down, they would rather lose one election than lose control of the party to the grassroots. The beltway Republicans have figured out they can live with Obama for another four years. So they'll nominate Romney and watch him lose. And then in four years, they'll roll out Jeb Bush and go back to business as usual.

Seriously, man, Politics is faker than wrestling.

president's lowest approval ratings-

bill clinton- 37 (5/26/93)
ronald reagan - 35 (1/28/83)

they both went on to get re-elected.

A lot of democrats in 1984 thought that gary hart was the guy. The establishment stomped them down and nominated walter mondale, who went on to lose.

A lot of republicans wanted pat buchanan in 1996. The establishment stomped them down and nominated bob dole, who went on to lose.

Same thing going on here. Despite the fact that tea party types, evangelicals, hispanics, women are yelling "no way!" about romney, the party is trying it's best to smooth the path for him. They are even talking if he wins iowa, he'll have wrapped it up. Screw those other 49 states, we are going to let a caucus decide our nominee!

not at this stage of the game, guy. Reagan was at 46% and rising. Clinton was at 48% and rising - obama is at 41% and falling......

presidential approval ratings -- barack obama

nice try, but they are always at the darkest before the dawn. It's one thing to bitch about the guy who is in now, but then people look at what you are going to offer in exchange, and they pretty quickly go with the devil they know.

Romney is simply an awful candidate. His electoral history is one of losing elections when people seriously challenge him. He was giving ted kennedy a run for his money in 1994, until teddy brought up his business practices. Then he lost by 17 points.

In 2008, he had the whole of the wall street establishment backing him. even rush limbuagh had endorsed him. he still came in third behind mccain (rino) and huckabee. He only won primaries in three states. Michigan, which no one else contested. Utah, full of his fellow lds, and massachusetts, which mccain didn't contest because it was his home state.

*Bullshit*

Rush Limbaugh on Romney in 2008-

Rush Limbaugh *endorses Mitt Romney « Hot Air

"RUSH: I think now, based on the way the campaign has shaken out, that there probably is a candidate on our side who does embody all three legs of the conservative stool, and that’s Romney. The three stools or the three legs of the stool are national security/foreign policy, the social conservatives, and the fiscal conservatives. The social conservatives are the cultural people. The fiscal conservatives are the economic crowd: low taxes, smaller government, get out of the way. "

Of course, this year, Rush is saying Mitt Romney is not a conservative. I guess he thinks that the people who listen to him don't have memories.

(Incidently, I occassionally listen to Rush, I find him amusing, but also full of it much of the time.)

The nominee is not decided yet. You have a very odd obsession with Mormons....

Yeah, I know. I mean, I have this strange notion that a cult started by a two-bit con artist who wanted to have sex with multiple teenage girls doesn't really deserve to be treated like a valid religion. And if someone thinks this is the guy God was talking to, I don't want them anywhere near nuclear weapons. I mean, call it crazy man,

I agree, the nominee is not decided yet. The GOP Beltway establishment doesn't want a contest, though. They've sandbagged every possible threat to Romney, who still hasn't risen above 25% preference on average amongst Republicans.

And do you know why, Mr. Tea Party? Because deep down, they would rather lose one election than lose control of the party to the grassroots. The beltway Republicans have figured out they can live with Obama for another four years. So they'll nominate Romney and watch him lose. And then in four years, they'll roll out Jeb Bush and go back to business as usual.

Seriously, man, Politics is faker than wrestling.

Exactly who are these "beltway Republicans" you speak of? Name names please. Also please explain exactly how these people "sandbagged" any threats to Romney.

How about Karl Rove, who has been badmouthing Perry pretty much from day one.

Once again, the Establishment is more terrified of the "Teabaggers" than the Democrats are.

Of course, it would be nice if TEA could back someone who wasn't crazy.

Last edited:
Perry is a lousy debater, that is what hurt him, not anything that Rove said.

Yup. Perry is a lousy debator, because the MSM said so.

Have you ever wondered why the MSM (which I think we can both agree is in the tank for Obama) attacks Perry, Cain, Gingrich, et al. and leaves Romney untouched?

I don't think it's because they have an overwealming love for Romney.

It's because they know that once he has the nomination, he's a big fat juicy target for smears, and if anyone questions him, he gets all unglued....

Have you ever wondered why the MSM (which I think we can both agree is in the tank for Obama) attacks Perry, Cain, Gingrich, et al. and leaves Romney untouched?

It's because they know that once he has the nomination, he's a big fat juicy target for smears, and if anyone questions him, he gets all unglued....
I watched the debates and in all three, Perry was lousy. Sorry, he just stinks- no Media bias required. He fumbles and bumbles like a political neophyte, and is never prepared beyond a few soundbite statements. He really is his own worst enemy.

I watched the debates and in all three, Perry was lousy. Sorry, he just stinks- no Media bias required. He fumbles and bumbles like a political neophyte, and is never prepared beyond a few soundbite statements. He really is his own worst enemy.

^^^^^

that

Forum List

Back