Bad atheist arguments

When it comes to comparing legal vs illegal to right vs wrong, Christianity is the foundation of determining right vs wrong.
No it isn't. What hilarious nonsense. Sorry my man, people figured out the shaky morality of Christian nonsense long before the plagiarized Christian myth was invented. And due to secular ideas, we have greatly improved upon that steaming turd.

Atheism for me is the conviction that I don't know if there is a creator and the certainty that neither does anyone else.
True of the vast majority of atheists. This is "agnostic atheism", or just, "atheism".

" Gnostic atheism" is the special case of atheism,by which it is asserted that there are no gods.

Most of the atheists you have known are agnostic atheists. No faith required.
Wrong, Atheisism is specifically faith that there are no deities.
Wrong if you oremus. Athiesm is the stance that tbr existence of a god/creator by theists, hasn't met the burden of proof required for all other beliefs.
Whatever else atheists believe in, is their faith - not the "lack of belief", or if they truly believe in "nothing" at all, they're a nihilist who would have no qualms about raping, murdering, torturing's children.

So by whatever axiom, whether it invokes a "god" or not, that they use to substantiate a belief in the wrongness or murder, rape, torture, or so forth, is their faith indeed.

"
Whatever else atheists believe in, is their faith - not the "lack of belief", or if they truly believe in "nothing" at all, they're a nihilist who would have no qualms about raping, murdering, torturing's children."

Fuk you, you stinking piece of shit!

I am so sick of fuking ignorant pieces of conservative crap like you making OUTRAGEOUS claims about EVIL BEHAVIOR of atheists simply because we are not stupid enough to believe in YOUR god.

YOU are the one who has made comments about MURDERING people simply for not embracing YOUR lunacies.

I don't believe in god.
That does NOT make me a murderer or a rapist you fukin lying sack of conservative crap.
Incedentaly... As an atheist; I rape, and murder as many people as I'm inclined to. Which has amounted to a sum total of zero so far...
BS. Laws and punishment is what keep atheists from raping. Any sense of right or wrong that an atheist feels comes from the judeo Christian culture and values. Right and wrong are Christian concepts.

Wrong if you oremus. Athiesm is the stance that tbr existence of a god/creator by theists, hasn't met the burden of proof required for all other beliefs.
Whatever else atheists believe in, is their faith - not the "lack of belief", or if they truly believe in "nothing" at all, they're a nihilist who would have no qualms about raping, murdering, torturing's children.

So by whatever axiom, whether it invokes a "god" or not, that they use to substantiate a belief in the wrongness or murder, rape, torture, or so forth, is their faith indeed.

"
Whatever else atheists believe in, is their faith - not the "lack of belief", or if they truly believe in "nothing" at all, they're a nihilist who would have no qualms about raping, murdering, torturing's children."

I am so sick of fuking ignorant pieces of conservative crap like you making OUTRAGEOUS claims about EVIL BEHAVIOR of atheists simply because we are not stupid enough to believe in YOUR god.

YOU are the one who has made comments about MURDERING people simply for not embracing YOUR lunacies.

I don't believe in god.
That does NOT make me a murderer or a rapist you fukin lying sack of conservative crap.
Incedentaly... As an atheist; I rape, and murder as many people as I'm inclined to. Which has amounted to a sum total of zero so far...
BS. Laws and punishment is what keep atheists from raping. Any sense of right or wrong that an atheist feels comes from the judeo Christian culture and values. Right and wrong are Christian concepts.
Right... prior to 400 bc. No one had any concept of "right, or wrong". You hold on to that fantasy. Dont let anyone take that from you...

Atheism for me is the conviction that I don't know if there is a creator and the certainty that neither does anyone else.
True of the vast majority of atheists. This is "agnostic atheism", or just, "atheism".

" Gnostic atheism" is the special case of atheism,by which it is asserted that there are no gods.
Agnostically inclined atheists are atheists. Alang1216 is simply an atheist. The key synonyms are conviction, faith, believe, and position. He used "conviction", so he has faith like an atheist does

Agnostically inclined atheists are atheists
Yes, I said that already. "Gnostic atheist" is the special case you have been whining about. And you are correct that it is just as silly as being a theist, though I am sure you stumbled into being correct totally by accident.

"

I don't believe in god.
Right... prior to 400 bc. No one had any concept of "right, or wrong". You hold on to that fantasy. Dont let anyone take that from you...
No offense, it is just the default. Lefties hate the only moral authority in the history of the world, so they don't have a moral compass to point out which way is right or which way is wrong. The only way a lefty can have control of what is right vs wrong is to have a court order or law that says only lefties determine what is right or wrong. Legal vs illegal is the only thing lefties can conceive, so it is the only tool they can use to control what is right and wrong.

"

I don't believe in god.

Wow, you sure resent Christianity. When it comes to comparing legal vs illegal to right vs wrong, Christianity is the foundation of determining right vs wrong. Laws are in place to keep people like you from doing illegal things.
There was right and wrong before Christianity
All cultures have it

Atheists don’t need faith to support their beliefs
Which atheists? You have faith that "all atheists" do this, which is silly, since many of them have admitted that they were only atheist because their parents or immediate culture was, and probably would have been Muslim had they been born into a Muslim family.

They rely on facts
You don't know what "facts" are to begin with, facts are just pieces of information, which presumably any theory, thesis, assertion, and so forth is based on, regardless of the ultimate validity thereof.

So the idea that any system of belief in a God, or body of theology isn't based on facts, is rather silly and naïve to begin with.

Most likely by "facts", you don't mean what facts or information actually is in the broadest sense of the word, you merely mean specific pieces of information which are components of specific theories (e.x. components of archaic 19th century natural scientific theories, or Bacon's outdated 15th century method), generally simply because you were taught, or indoctrinated into them, such as by teachers, authority figures, media personalities, not based on having invented or mathematically approximated the theories yourself.

Much as were alchemy, or the various theories of the Catholic Church the popular methods or bodies of knowledge of your day and age, you would have believed them simply because you were taught they were so, or lack the intelligence and thought capacity to imagine life or the miniscule world as you know it without them, barely knowing even that much, beyond perhaps rote memorization and regurgitation, as opposed to deeper thought and comprehension, as taught by fellows such as the Rhodes Scholar Edward De Bono - as opposed to fellows of the more inquisitive variety, such as Galileo, Newton, Einstein, and various thinkers who question popular or firmly established bodies of knowledge and simple folk believes of their day and age and so forth.

Not that the two things have anything to do with each other to begin with, since faith in Bacon's scientific method or its theories has nothing to do with "atheism" to begin with, given that atheists have existed since the dawn of history, such as in the case of Epicurus and others, regardless of what theories or bodies of knowledge were popular during that day and age.

Atheists don’t need faith to condemn murder, rape, torture or so forth
We oppose it because it is wrong, not because some God will punish us
You oppose it because you have faith that it's wrong, regardless of facts, yes, false as that dichotomy is.

And many of you are immoral and only avoid doing those things out of fear of the law, even if not of God.
Atheists don’t have faith

It is a contradiction in terms

Which atheists? You have faith that "all atheists" do this, which is silly, since many of them have admitted that they were only atheist because their parents or immediate culture was, and probably would have been Muslim had they been born into a Muslim family.

They rely on facts
You don't know what "facts" are to begin with, facts are just pieces of information, which presumably any theory, thesis, assertion, and so forth is based on, regardless of the ultimate validity thereof.

So the idea that any system of belief in a God, or body of theology isn't based on facts, is rather silly and naïve to begin with.

Most likely by "facts", you don't mean what facts or information actually is in the broadest sense of the word, you merely mean specific pieces of information which are components of specific theories (e.x. components of archaic 19th century natural scientific theories, or Bacon's outdated 15th century method), generally simply because you were taught, or indoctrinated into them, such as by teachers, authority figures, media personalities, not based on having invented or mathematically approximated the theories yourself.

Much as were alchemy, or the various theories of the Catholic Church the popular methods or bodies of knowledge of your day and age, you would have believed them simply because you were taught they were so, or lack the intelligence and thought capacity to imagine life or the miniscule world as you know it without them, barely knowing even that much, beyond perhaps rote memorization and regurgitation, as opposed to deeper thought and comprehension, as taught by fellows such as the Rhodes Scholar Edward De Bono - as opposed to fellows of the more inquisitive variety, such as Galileo, Newton, Einstein, and various thinkers who question popular or firmly established bodies of knowledge and simple folk believes of their day and age and so forth.

Not that the two things have anything to do with each other to begin with, since faith in Bacon's scientific method or its theories has nothing to do with "atheism" to begin with, given that atheists have existed since the dawn of history, such as in the case of Epicurus and others, regardless of what theories or bodies of knowledge were popular during that day and age.

You oppose it because you have faith that it's wrong, regardless of facts, yes, false as that dichotomy is.

And many of you are immoral and only avoid doing those things out of fear of the law, even if not of God.

Unless their a nihilist, who "has faith in nothing", not having any objection to raping, murdering, torturing children and so forth, then yes, they have "faith" in something else.

The "atheism" isn't the faith, it's everything else they believe which is the faith, usually if not always culturally appropriated from Judeo-Christian value systems, which the Common Law is, at least in part, to begin with

"

I don't believe in god.
Incorrect, hunter-gatherer tribes such as the Sentinelese, dating as far back as 80,000 BC have a culture and system of values, order, hierarchy, and so forth, such as offering burials of the dead of those they kill in warfare; it's possible that they are more "informal" than "formal" in many cases.

How they would compare to the values within more contemporary legal systems and institutions, I am unsure. (Much as I'm not aware of anything in the Bible, or in the teachings of Jesus and so forth which reduce morality to what is "taught' directly from the Bible, much as moral and immoral behaviors documented in men and women in the Bible itself proceeded the actual writing of the Bible to begin with; this is most likely just an innovation, or archaic "tradition" of man, such as found in 19th century "legalism" and whatnot - I don't believe most serious theologians believe the Bible itself is the "only" source of morality, much as the source of morality mentioned by the individuals in the Bible itself didn't come directly from the Bible; no Bible existed when Adam and Eve had the free will to defy God, for example.

As far as evolutionary biology is concerned, it is observed that "premoral sentiments" in animals may have played a role in the biological basis and evolution of morality in human cultures, such as ant colonies having systems of class, labor division, social roles, and so forth. No modern legal system denies that passions play a role in human behavior, moral, or immoral, just as those thinking men and women who built civilizations and established laws to begin with, obviously had higher moral and rational purposes and faculty than average or ordinary men and women did, or else there would be no civilizations to begin with.

Regardless, morality in human cultures is not "reducible" to biology, but higher notions such as intentions, rational thought, motivations, and self-restraint play a role in human morality and moral philosophy.

/.
Yet every religion and every culture since man's beginning had a concept of right and wrong. Even animals have such a concept, it is different from ours but it is there.

LOL, I don't really need to piss, I just have to urinate.

Faith means I have nothing to support my beliefs, but I believe them anyway
belief
noun
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

be·lief | \ bə-ˈlēf \
Definition of belief

1: a state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing "her belief in God"

a belief in democracyI

bought the table in the belief that it was an antique.contrary to popular belief

2: something that is accepted, considered to be true, or held as an opinion : something believed

an individual's religious or political beliefs especially : a tenet or body of tenets held by a group
the beliefs of the Catholic Church

Agnostically inclined atheists are atheists. Alang1216 is simply an atheist. The key synonyms are conviction, faith, believe, and position. He used "conviction", so he has faith like an atheist does
I think of myself as both an agnostic AND an atheist. Agnostic in the sense that, since I don't know how the universe was created I can't be sure there was no intelligence involved. Atheist in the the sense that I'm 100% sure that there is no supernatural being that created or takes part in the daily workings of mankind.

They rely on facts

Unless their a nihilist, who "has faith in nothing", not having any objection to raping, murdering, torturing children and so forth, then yes, they have "faith" in something else.

The "atheism" isn't the faith, it's everything else they believe which is the faith, usually if not always culturally appropriated from Judeo-Christian value systems, which the Common Law is, at least in part, to begin with
Atheism and faith is a contradiction in terms

Faith is only for those who have no proof to support their beliefs

"

I don't believe in god.

Wow, you sure resent Christianity. When it comes to comparing legal vs illegal to right vs wrong, Christianity is the foundation of determining right vs wrong. Laws are in place to keep people like you from doing illegal things.

"Christianity is the foundation of determining right vs wrong."

no it is NOT!

MORALS and the concept of right v wrong were discussed by Hammurabi AND the Greeks LONG BEFORE christianity was even thought of.

and LOTS of what we find in the bible is WRONG!

Many have accepted faith to their own detriment. Take Marshall Applewhite , and the heavens gate cult for example... Being that, demonstrably... “faith” is not a reliable pathway to truth.... Faith alone is utterly worthless.

"

I don't believe in god.
Incorrect, hunter-gatherer tribes such as the Sentinelese, dating as far back as 80,000 BC have a culture and system of values, order, hierarchy, and so forth, such as offering burials of the dead of those they kill in warfare; it's possible that they are more "informal" than "formal" in many cases.

How they would compare to the values within more contemporary legal systems and institutions, I am unsure. (Much as I'm not aware of anything in the Bible, or in the teachings of Jesus and so forth which reduce morality to what is "taught' directly from the Bible, much as moral and immoral behaviors documented in men and women in the Bible itself proceeded the actual writing of the Bible to begin with; this is most likely just an innovation, or archaic "tradition" of man, such as found in 19th century "legalism" and whatnot - I don't believe most serious theologians believe the Bible itself is the "only" source of morality, much as the source of morality mentioned by the individuals in the Bible itself didn't come directly from the Bible; no Bible existed when Adam and Eve had the free will to defy God, for example.

As far as evolutionary biology is concerned, it is observed that "premoral sentiments" in animals may have played a role in the biological basis and evolution of morality in human cultures, such as ant colonies having systems of class, labor division, social roles, and so forth. No modern legal system denies that passions play a role in human behavior, moral, or immoral, just as those thinking men and women who built civilizations and established laws to begin with, obviously had higher moral and rational purposes and faculty than average or ordinary men and women did, or else there would be no civilizations to begin with.

Regardless, morality in human cultures is not "reducible" to biology, but higher notions such as intentions, rational thought, motivations, and self-restraint play a role in human morality and moral philosophy.
Conceiving moral authority requires a neo cortex, and only occurs in Western civilization. It is easy to anthropomorphize moral character onto primitive tribes, even modern lefties, but that doesn't mean they understand.

Forum List

Back