Avoid Sugar

You misspelled “nobody”.

Type 2, which I have, us genetic.

Type 1 is usually the result of an autoimmune condition, where one's own immune system attacks the pancreas.

No amount of careless overconsumption of sugar causes diabetes in anyone that wasn't already going to become diabetic anyway.
Right......Which means "not everybody".

Sugar overload is similarly a contributing a factor to pancreatic burnout as alcohol is to the liver....Or bodies aren't bullet proof just because of genetic factors.

Yours must be the same “science” that claims that Bruce Jenner is a woman.

Causes​

Type 2 diabetes is primarily the result of two interrelated problems:

• Cells in muscle, fat and the liver become resistant to insulin. Because these cells don't interact in a normal way with insulin, they don't take in enough sugar.
  • The pancreas is unable to produce enough insulin to manage blood sugar levels.
Exactly why this happens is unknown, but being overweight and inactive are key contributing factors.

I'll just leave this here...

Right......Which means "not everybody".

Sugar overload is similarly a contributing a factor to pancreatic burnout as alcohol is to the liver....Or bodies aren't bullet proof just because of genetic factors.

A healthy pancreas and a normal insulin response are very robust as far as managing blood sugar levels. If it is possible at all to overload that system to the point of damaging it, it would require some extraordinary and intentional effort to so so.

———

A bit of diabetic trivia—although Type 1 is caused, as most would assume, by a damaged pancreas and reduced insulin production, Type 2 is not.

Type 2 is caused by a chemical issue that interferes with the function of insulin. At least to begin with, Type 2 diabetics have normal pancreatic function, and normal levels of naturally-occuring insulin. The failure occurs where cells try to use that insulin to process sugar.

If not well managed, Type 2 can result in damage to the pancreas, as it does to other organs. When that happens, then you effectively get a quasi-Type 1 on top of the Type 2 that you already had.

Type 1 is the more severe type to begin with, but badly managed Type 2 has the potential to become worse than Type 1.

= no “fuel” to power the body = death

I'd consider that a problem.
Prior to the agricultural revolution where do you think people were getting these mass quantities of sugar and carbohydrates? The answer is they weren't. Our bodies weren't really designed to process the amounts of carbs and certainly not the amount of refined sugar people eat currently. The average US citizen takes in 150-170 lbs. of that shit every year. In less than 100 years we have more than doubled our intake of refined sugar. It's no coincidence that the incidence of obesity rose exponentially with the idea that all fat was bad for you. If you take the fat out of food you're taking the flavor along with it. It had to be replaced by something and that something was sugar. More sugar, more obesity and more diabetes and chronic health issues.

And you're the ignorant caulk bucket telling me that diet and lifestyle caused my diabetes, which proves that you do not know shit about type 2 diabetes.

It's genetic. Nearly everyone in my father's side of the family has it or will eventually have it. Without the genetics, nobody gets type 2. With the genetics, nobody avoids it, unless they die from some unrelated cause before it manifests.

Only someone as ignorant as you clearly are believes that it can be caused or avoided by diet or lifestyle. Diet and lifestyle are crucial in managing and mitigating it, but they have no bearing at all in causing or preventing it.

My husband's Type 2 was caused by statin drugs. His doctor confirmed this.

Something I find very amusing is that a substance that, some years ago, was widely being demonized is high-fructose corn syrup (HCFS). Supposedly, this was the worst form of sugar with which we could poison ourselves. The same groups that hated HFCS regarded honey as perhaps one of the best, safest, healthiest of all sweeteners.

Guess what? Nutritionally speaking honey and HFCS are almost identical. They contain very close to the same proportions of the same sugars. There is absolutely no rational or scientific basis on which to claim that either of them is any bit better or worse than the other. This is an example of the appeal to nature fallacy. Honey is “natural”, and therefore good, while HFCS is “artificial”, and therefore bad, even though, as I said, in hard scientific terms, they are almost identical in nutritional value and effect.

The difference between honey had HFCS is that people aren't eating a vat of honey each week. The same cannot be said of HFCS. Take a look at the ingredients of what you're eating, HFCS is in everything. It's in things that aren't even sweet. So, you are correct, if people were only eating a spoonful of HFCS a day it probably wouldn't be a problem. Unfortunately, they are eating a couple cups full. Things like Ketchup and applesauce which already contain enough sugar in them to be sweet have HFCS in them, fruit juice, peanut butter, and canned soup the list goes on and on. One of the biggest issues with refined sugar is that because it's so sweet things that are naturally sweet seem less so in comparison, so we dump sugar into them to make up for it. And it only becomes worse. And refined sugar is 100% addictive. It's super easy fuel for your body to process. Of course it craves it and the more you feed it the more it wants. But you go on believing that refined sugar isnt a problem.

Forum List

Back