Avoid Sugar

4 grams of sugar = 1 teaspoon.

The next time you grab that Honeybun from the vending machine, and it tells you it has 50 grams of sugar, think of eating 12 teaspoons of sugar before you buy it, and you probably won't.

We get natural sugars through fruit, and it should be your only source, but that's highly unlikely, as everyone likes desert.

EveryoneLaughingAtYou.png

Your opinion is respected so please respect mine. You should try to educate yourself on the dangers of artificial sweeteners instead of trolling this thread.

Why do you assume that as a diabetic, I have not done ample research on this matter that is of such great importance to my health?

I'm much more concernerned with actual science than I am with ignorant opinions based on the appeal to nature fallacy.

Are you really that determined to show everyone here how spectacularly ignorant you are?
You are the one that is diabetic and trying to tell everyone what to eat. My blood glucose levels are normal because I chose to do the research and am careful in what I eat and drink.

Absolutely!

The only sugar I consume is, I'm guessing, a teaspoon of sugar in the small loaf of gluten free cornbread that I make from a mix.

I also eat no grains, as in wheat, rice, quinoa, oats, etc.

I even stopped eating honey. It's been off and on, but pretty strictly for several months.

Inflammation and pain go way down when sugar leaves your life.

Honey is a sugar that takes some digestive power to break down.

Brown rice and veggie pastas also take digestive effort and don't go straight to glucose.

The body needs glucose....It's the ubiquitousness of processed sugar and HFCS that has become problematic to health.

You are the one that is diabetic and trying to tell everyone what to eat. My blood glucose levels are normal because I chose to do the research and am careful in what I eat and drink.

And you're the ignorant caulk bucket telling me that diet and lifestyle caused my diabetes, which proves that you do not know shit about type 2 diabetes.

It's genetic. Nearly everyone in my father's side of the family has it or will eventually have it. Without the genetics, nobody gets type 2. With the genetics, nobody avoids it, unless they die from some unrelated cause before it manifests.

Only someone as ignorant as you clearly are believes that it can be caused or avoided by diet or lifestyle. Diet and lifestyle are crucial in managing and mitigating it, but they have no bearing at all in causing or preventing it.

And you're the ignorant caulk bucket telling me that diet and lifestyle caused my diabetes, which proves that you do not know shit about type 2 diabetes.

It's genetic. Nearly everyone in my father's side of the family has it or will eventually have it. Without the genetics, nobody gets type 2. With the genetics, nobody avoids it, unless they die from some unrelated cause before it manifests.

Only someone as ignorant as you clearly are believes that it can be caused or avoided by diet or lifestyle. Diet and lifestyle are crucial in managing and mitigating it, but they have no bearing at all in causing or preventing it.
Genetics might make someone more prone to type 2 diabetes than others, but inactivity, obesity and poor diet remain the leading causes.

Honey is a sugar that takes some digestive power to break down.

It's the ubiquitousness of processed sugar and HFCS that has become problematic to health.

As far as human digestion is concerned, there is no difference between honey and HFCS. That, once again, is the appeal to nature fallacy talking, and not any actual science.

Not everyone is diabetic because of processed sugar overload....Don't overgeneralize.

You misspelled “nobody”.

Type 2, which I have, us genetic.

Type 1 is usually the result of an autoimmune condition, where one's own immune system attacks the pancreas.

No amount of careless overconsumption of sugar causes diabetes in anyone that wasn't already going to become diabetic anyway.

Instead of calling me names and laughing at my research maybe you should just give your opinion without being snarky. Trolling this thread just makes you look small and insecure.

Forum List

Back