Red State Rush

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Face it Democrats, they're just not into high taxes, crime and your crap.

Hopefully they won't go there and vote for the things that made them flee

As a former damn Yankee with a rebel heart you have my permission to shoot or at the least bitch slap them if they do

smsjjsmxmxmxnnsnssx.jpg

Supply and demand in action. Isn't capitalism great?

Housing prices are a big reason for this. They’re moving to places that are more affordable.

I don’t think this is anywhere near as politically-motivated as you would like it to be.
Realestate prices have always been expensive in California. That doesnt explain the mass exodus. The fact is it is rich people who are leaving. They hate the crime and the taxes that go to waste.

Realestate prices have always been expensive in California. That doesnt explain the mass exodus.
They have gone higher.

With house prices skyrocketing, get priced out and move out-of-state. It’s not complicated.

That's my biggest fear. We don't need red states turning blue or even purple due to people being so turned off by blue policies they want to get away from the state they were in, only to move to a red state and vote for the very same shit that led to them wanting to leave where they were.

It's beginning to happen in my very blue state of Oregon.

"Oregon’s population decreased by over 16,000 people between July 2021 and July 2022, a 0.4% drop from the previous year. This marks the first time Oregon has seen a population decrease since 1983. That year, the state experienced 0.4% population decline after having already experienced a 0.1% population decline in 1982."

Housing prices are a big reason for this. They’re moving to places that are more affordable.

I don’t think this is anywhere near as politically-motivated as you would like it to be.
They are moving because everything is more affordable. And, don't forget about crime. Leftist policies increase income inequality, social injustice, and crime. And the states they are moving to are low tax or no tax states.

And then there's this:

OREGON

Idaho House will look at Greater Idaho movement legislation​

Idaho representatives Judy Boyle and Barbara Ehardt support the idea of moving the Oregon-Idaho border westward

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — After receiving support from 11 eastern Oregon counties, the Greater Idaho movement will finally have its moment in the Idaho legislature.

For years, Greater Idaho advocates have asked for the Oregon-Idaho border to be moved west, so that eastern Oregonians with conservative beliefs can live in Idaho — a state that has historically been dominated by the Republican party.

It's beginning to happen in my very blue state of Oregon.

"Oregon’s population decreased by over 16,000 people between July 2021 and July 2022, a 0.4% drop from the previous year. This marks the first time Oregon has seen a population decrease since 1983. That year, the state experienced 0.4% population decline after having already experienced a 0.1% population decline in 1982."
Leftist policies are driving people away. Wasn't it some counties in Oregon who wanted to secede and become part of another state?

You mean the supply and demand of intoxicants that homeless use to keep themselves homeless and expand in number thanks to blue state law.
No.

For example, I mean housing is expensive in California because people want to live there. The more people that want to live in a state, the higher housing costs are because the demand goes up.

Many red states currently have lower housing costs because people didn't want to live there; the demand for housing is lower.

Of course taxes and regulations effect housing prices somewhat but that accounts for only a small portion of housing costs.

Yes, read the story above. Many counties east of the Cascade mountain range want out!
Portland is a shithole. I noticed in the article that Oregon is worried about losing tax revenue due to the population loss. It's not really something they have to worry about because they have a very simple solution to that problem - raise taxes higher on everyone still left in the state. What could possibly go wrong?

I wonder if it is people who failed and can't afford expensive (AKA: desirable) cities? Red states are welcome to those folks for their neighbors.

Forum List

Back