Attacks On Jews Around the World

It's a damn shame how anti-Semitism is on the rise.

A new trend that kind of appales me, is the tendency of certain post-colonial social justice types to belittle the Holocaust by placing it in a line with other crimes due to Western colonialism.

Not saying that crimes due to colonialism were not bad, but it's an entirely different, uniquely grotesque phenomenon when more or less an entire people suddenly turns against their *neighbors* and murders 6 million of them in a huge industrial complex that was created solely for this purpose. This just was a unique crime.

It's a damn shame how anti-Semitism is on the rise.

A new trend that kind of appales me, is the tendency of certain post-colonial social justice types to belittle the Holocaust by placing it in a line with other crimes due to Western colonialism.

Not saying that crimes due to colonialism were not bad, but it's an entirely different, uniquely grotesque phenomenon when more or less an entire people suddenly turns against their *neighbors* and murders 6 million of them in a huge industrial complex that was created solely for this purpose. This just was a unique crime.
We cause our own problems. Being a Jew I can legitimately say that many of my fellow Jews are clueless. But such is their right.

The message here is simple:

You can teach that Zionists (Jews) are a powerful, hidden cabal, pulling the strings of world governments. And even add that Jewish students act as pawns of that shady cabal.

but –

Cannot teach that strands of Islam – which clearly have a problem with free speech – actually have a problem with free speech.
-------

I’m often called an ‘Islamophobe’ as are most vocal Zionists. I don’t actually know anyone who hasn’t been. ‘Islamophobic’ in these cases becomes a false label that antisemites use to silence Jews.

To the outsider these arguments become a meaningless ‘he said – she said’ brawl. One side is ‘antisemitic’ – the other ‘Islamophobic.’ Which is why this deliberate strategy works so well. It mirrors the argument – as most radical positions do – and projects it onto others. And when accepted – truth is lost completely. It is the same strategy that labels Israel as racist, apartheid, ethnically cleansing state – when in fact Israel is the only nation in the entire MENA region that doesn’t deserve any of these labels. Projection.

So as militant Islamists are out there shaping our academic spaces – and turning them into areas that hate Israel, won’t criticise radical Islam and are unsafe spaces for Jews – it is the tiny Jewish population that is accused of having all the power.
------------
For those that seek further evidence – as if everything that is taking place is not enough – look at the support from Islamists that David Miller has received. A letter has just been published on a website called ‘Support David Miller’. The letter claims it is from ‘Muslim supporters’. Much of the letter is about his strong stance against ‘Islamophobia’ but of course it also labels Zionism a ‘dangerous, racist political ideology‘.

The key signatures of many well-known Islamists should read as a warning sign of just what type of ideology stands behind those like Miller.

The first name on the list is Salma Yaqoob (see report from Muslims against Antisemitism) – who shared an article on ‘Rothschild Bankers’. Then there is a run of names from Islamist organistations such as CAGE, MEND and INTERPAL.

Predictably the Islamic Human Rights Commission – which leads the regular pro-Hezbollah Al-Quds march in London – is also there. As is the head of Friends of Al Aqsa – another extremist Islamist group. So too InMinds – which for years had a Holocaust denier as a spokesperson.

Shakeel Begg signed too. Begg lost a libel suit when the BBC described him as an ‘extremist’. Ms Aysha Khanom, another name in the list, was once fired for using racist language in tweets.

Given the toxic levels of the more well-known names, it was considered a pointless exercise to run through all the 700 names to find further evidence of extremism. Nevertheless, I had a look at a handful – and in each that I looked at – the same story appears. These three examples show one signee – Waltham Forest Mosque’s ‘Said Totti Looch‘ – displaying three key attributes.

1. A post stating Israel has no right to exist.

2. A post referring to a film production company as a ‘Jewish film studio’.

3. An attack on a Mosque’s integration into wider British society by referring to it as a ‘House Mosque’.

(full article online)

The message here is simple:

You can teach that Zionists (Jews) are a powerful, hidden cabal, pulling the strings of world governments. And even add that Jewish students act as pawns of that shady cabal.

but –

Cannot teach that strands of Islam – which clearly have a problem with free speech – actually have a problem with free speech.
-------

I’m often called an ‘Islamophobe’ as are most vocal Zionists. I don’t actually know anyone who hasn’t been. ‘Islamophobic’ in these cases becomes a false label that antisemites use to silence Jews.

To the outsider these arguments become a meaningless ‘he said – she said’ brawl. One side is ‘antisemitic’ – the other ‘Islamophobic.’ Which is why this deliberate strategy works so well. It mirrors the argument – as most radical positions do – and projects it onto others. And when accepted – truth is lost completely. It is the same strategy that labels Israel as racist, apartheid, ethnically cleansing state – when in fact Israel is the only nation in the entire MENA region that doesn’t deserve any of these labels. Projection.

So as militant Islamists are out there shaping our academic spaces – and turning them into areas that hate Israel, won’t criticise radical Islam and are unsafe spaces for Jews – it is the tiny Jewish population that is accused of having all the power.
------------
For those that seek further evidence – as if everything that is taking place is not enough – look at the support from Islamists that David Miller has received. A letter has just been published on a website called ‘Support David Miller’. The letter claims it is from ‘Muslim supporters’. Much of the letter is about his strong stance against ‘Islamophobia’ but of course it also labels Zionism a ‘dangerous, racist political ideology‘.

The key signatures of many well-known Islamists should read as a warning sign of just what type of ideology stands behind those like Miller.

The first name on the list is Salma Yaqoob (see report from Muslims against Antisemitism) – who shared an article on ‘Rothschild Bankers’. Then there is a run of names from Islamist organistations such as CAGE, MEND and INTERPAL.

Predictably the Islamic Human Rights Commission – which leads the regular pro-Hezbollah Al-Quds march in London – is also there. As is the head of Friends of Al Aqsa – another extremist Islamist group. So too InMinds – which for years had a Holocaust denier as a spokesperson.

Shakeel Begg signed too. Begg lost a libel suit when the BBC described him as an ‘extremist’. Ms Aysha Khanom, another name in the list, was once fired for using racist language in tweets.

Given the toxic levels of the more well-known names, it was considered a pointless exercise to run through all the 700 names to find further evidence of extremism. Nevertheless, I had a look at a handful – and in each that I looked at – the same story appears. These three examples show one signee – Waltham Forest Mosque’s ‘Said Totti Looch‘ – displaying three key attributes.

1. A post stating Israel has no right to exist.

2. A post referring to a film production company as a ‘Jewish film studio’.

3. An attack on a Mosque’s integration into wider British society by referring to it as a ‘House Mosque’.

(full article online)

Who is teaching that the Jews are a powerful hidden cabal? I have never heard that except from a few raving nutters and Jews like yourself.

Who is teaching that the Jews are a powerful hidden cabal? I have never heard that except from a few raving nutters and Jews like yourself.
Which continues to show why you need to get out more from this limited tunnel you seem to live in.

Police in the city of St. Paul, Minnesota, are beefing up patrols at Jewish sites in the city after a number of antisemitic incidents, specifically the vandalization of a local Jewish cemetery, local CBS affiliate WCCO reported.

Vandals had targeted the Chesed Shel Emes Cemetery, with its caretaker telling police Thursday that he found 30 tombstones knocked over, according to the Star Tribune.

Another incident in nearby St. Louis Park saw a local Beth El Synagogue close its preschool and cancel in-person Shabbat evening prayer services after a possible threat was received by the Anti-Defamation League, according to the Star Tribune.

(full article online)

You sure talk about it a lot. Is there some reason for that?
I answered your question----you wondered about claims
of "Jewish cabals" aka "zionist cabals" Of course the availability of
a mosque for you depends on your location.

( This is no different than what Jews experienced under Muslim rule for 1700 years. Some Muslims are not willing to change the idea they have that Jews are there to be humiliated by them )

Last Friday afternoon, shortly before sundown, 10-year-old Uriel, who lives in the Armon Hanatziv neighborhood of Jerusalem, was assaulted by an Arab youth who gave him a ringing slap in the face.

Uriel’s family has lived in Armon Hanatziv for years, without any particular quarrel with any of the Arabs living in nearby Jabal Mukaber.

“On Friday afternoon at around half-past-five, my son left the house to go to the synagogue right after my husband and older son left,” Uriel’s mother related to Arutz Sheva. “Just a few minutes away from our home, outside the Clalit health clinic, three Arab youths eyed him, and my son, who isn’t usually intimidated, said, ‘What?’ meaning to say, ‘What do you want?’

“Their response was to give him a slap,” she said.

“When my ten-year-old son found himself up against three Arab youths, all bigger than him, he immediately turned back home,” she continued. “He ran all the way home, with the Arabs’ mocking laughter following him. I did my best to calm him down when he arrived, very agitated, and told me what had happened.

(full article online)

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
You sure talk about it a lot. Is there some reason for that?
you want a "reason" ? In my youth I was a quiet agreeable person---
as a child I got invited to all sorts of churches and as an adult to mosques. Since the muslims who worked in the hospital in which
I did a little part time college time clerical job were SOUTH EAST
ASIANS-----the Khutbah Jumaat feces flings happened in ENGLISH.
They were recapitulations of the islamo nazi shit I read in little
sleazy pamphlets as a child which also matched lots of the garbage
those young medical school graduates from India, Pakistan, etc
seemed to imagine made sense.

El Paso police announced last week that they had arrested Joseph Angel Alvarez, 38, in connection with the shooting. The killer apparently stated that he was motivated by antisemitism and a bizarre conspiracy theory involving Satanism and far-right ideology.

Court documents, the El Paso Times reported, show that Alvarez said he was “executing and exterminating the pro-choice Jewish Satan worshippers” he believed were located at the Kaufmanns’ and three other houses in the area of Memorial Park.

A police officer stated in an affidavit that “The defendant’s belief was ‘to end the Satanic activity’ near the crime scene (Memorial Park) and acted out his manifesto by killing and shooting the Kaufmanns and by mentally fabricating the connection he believed the four corner houses on Raynor and Copper to have been involved in ‘satanic activity,’ because of their relative geographic location to the park.”

(full article online)

In response to the attacks, Zara Mohammed, Secretary General of the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), posted a tweet that declared, “This is shocking and completely unacceptable, I hope the perpetrators will be brought to justice and the victims swift healing. We cannot tolerate any such hatred in our society.”

Mohammed’s statement, which was not posted on the organization’s website, was a good thing — but it would be nice if the MCB was more explicit in its condemnation of the antisemitic nature of the August 18 attacks. The MCB has regularly expressed solidarity with Jews in the aftermath of numerous anti-Jewish attacks, but hasn’t been so vocal in its condemnation of antisemitism in the Muslim community it represents.

This is a problem. The Anti-Defamation League reported that extremely antisemitic beliefs were held by 54 percent of UK Muslims surveyed in 2019, as compared to 22 percent of the Christians and 24 percent of the entire population in the United Kingdom.

As much as people don’t want to address it with the force necessary to fix the problem, hostility toward Jews has been a central element of the Islamic tradition for centuries, just as it has been for Christianity.

No, not every Muslim hates Jews, nor does every Christian hate Jews.

But anti-Jewish polemics are present in both the Koran and the Bible, and some adherents of both faiths invoke these polemics to justify acts of hatred and violence toward Jews. In doing so, they undermine the ability of people from different backgrounds to live in close quarters in peace and safety. Invoking their scripture, Christian and Muslim antisemites have targeted Jews for destruction, and declared that God is on their side in this mission.

In the Christian Bible, Saint Paul declares in his first letter to the Thessalonians that God is angry at the Jews for having killed Jesus, and that the Jews are hostile to the rest of humanity. Professional antisemite E. Michael Jones regularly invokes this passage to justify his contempt for Jews in the modern world. Such anti-Judaism paved the way for the Holocaust.

Similarly, the Koran says a number of particularly nasty things about Jews, declaring them guilty of murdering prophets, with Sura 4:157 declaring that Jews falsely boasted of having killed Jesus. Sura 4:46 declares that God has cursed Jews for their unbelief.

These and many other polemics are regularly promoted by Islamists and jihadists to justify their hostility toward Jews, with baleful results in the Middle East and in the rest of the world.

In his book, “The Legacy of Islamic Antisemitism: From Sacred Texts to Solemn History” (2020), researcher Andrew Bostom reveals that in 2011, Gunther Jikelireported the results of his interviews with 117 young Muslim men in Berlin, Paris, and London — and found that “the majority [of them] voice some or strong antisemitic feelings. They openly express their negative viewpoints toward Jews. This is often done with aggression and sometimes includes intentions to carry out antisemitic attacks.”

Jikeli also reports that his interviewees looked “for justification of antisemitic views within what they perceive as Islam or part of their religious or ethnic identity and they often find confirmation in Islamic sources and social circles, which serve as strong, authoritative references.”

In his assessment of Jikeli’s findings, Bostom takes the scholar to task for his “excruciating reluctance to come to terms with his own findings, harping on supposed ‘perceptions of Islam’ by the interviewees, as opposed to voluminous Jew-hatred within Islam’s canon.” “Nevertheless,” Bostom reports, “Jikeli provided these critical, if understated observations, which, despite his obvious reticence, affirm the centrality of Islam in shaping the Antisemitic views of young Muslim adults in Western Europe.”

Fortunately, numerous Muslim scholars have addressed the problem of antisemitism on the part of their fellow Muslims. For example, Maajid Nawaz, a former Islamist himself, has regularly condemned antisemitism expressed by jihadists. So has Tarek Fatah and many other Muslim scholars. But just like their counterparts in Christianity dealing with the issue of antisemitism, they have a lot of work to do.

(full article online)

The ringleader, who is reported to be a minor, allegedly called the victim a “dirty Jew.” After the victim remonstrated against the insult, he was punched and kicked by the gang. Police officers who had been attending to a separate incident nearby arrived at the scene and arrested the ringleader.

The victim, who was slightly injured during the attack, subsequently filed a complaint.

In a statement released on Friday, the National Office for Vigilance Against Antisemitism (BNVCA) — a French group that assists the victims of antisemitic violence — confirmed that it was joining the victim as a civil party to his complaint.

“The BNVCA denounces and strongly condemns the antisemitic aggression committed in Lyon on Wednesday evening, September 9, at around 8 pm against a man of Jewish faith identified because he was wearing a kippa on his head,” the group said.

The BNVCA urged that the ringleader be served a “severe exemplary and dissuasive sentence” for the assault, irrespective of his legal status as a minor, along with “community service at a Holocaust memorial site.”

(full article online)

A Toronto resident dubbed “Swastika Man” after being photographed with the Nazi symbol drawn on his chest is in the custody of local police, charged with a third antisemitic assault in the space of two months.

Michael Park, 32, of no fixed address, appeared in court on Monday over an incident involving a woman who was waiting on a Toronto subway platform on Saturday afternoon.

Park’s victim, Sarah Gillis, told Canadian news outlet Global News that he approached her while she sat waiting for a train, asking her twice whether she was a Jew. When Gillis didn’t respond, Park gave a Nazi salute and asked her if she knew what the gesture meant.

“So I said to him, ‘Have a nice day,'” Gillis recalled. “That’s when he said, ‘You are a Jew,’ and he came towards me.”

Park abruptly grabbed Gillis, who is not Jewish, forcing her into a headlock before another man intervened, pulling him off. According to Gillis, Park then fled the scene by jumping on a subway train. Police arrested him on Sunday.

The attack was at least the third antisemitic outrage carried out by Park since July.

(full article online )

Forum List

Back