Atheism takes courage

I wish I could simply "turn off" my rational mind. Imagine how much easier life is for those who can, so easily, simply ignore all of the rational, logical flaws inherent in their faith. Life would be so much easier if I could just ignore that I know what I know, and pretend that there is a "happily ever after" that no one has ever confirmed.

I guess the logical conclusion is you're just too smart .

........:bs1:

........:dig:
........:coffee:
or that he has never sought Jesus with an open heart and mind and asked him to reveal himself cos he will

why would you seek out a jewish rabbi?
I am going to take a wild guess that it would not be for the same reason that people make fun of other people's faith.

I wish I could simply "turn off" my rational mind. Imagine how much easier life is for those who can, so easily, simply ignore all of the rational, logical flaws inherent in their faith. Life would be so much easier if I could just ignore that I know what I know, and pretend that there is a "happily ever after" that no one has ever confirmed.

I guess the logical conclusion is you're just too smart .

........:bs1:

........:dig:
........:coffee:
or that he has never sought Jesus with an open heart and mind and asked him to reveal himself cos he will
You to can find salvation just pray to Zeus with an open heart and mind and he'll come flooding in to fill your worthless self.
Have you tried it?

Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.

Where did civilization migrate from again?

Why don’t you take a chance and become a Muslim or Mormon?

So now why would we follow your religion?

We don’t follow or believe in Satan or Jesus. You don’t realize how stupid you sound
because the only truth is Jesus Christ - he would not be involved in any of the corrupt religions of tosday - why don't you try following his instructions and proving to yourself he is real -
Prove he's the only truth and Islam is a false religion, or the Talmud is, or Dianetics is. Why should we believe one over the others?
Does any religious text, other than the Bible, contain thousands of prophecies that came true? Didn't think so. There's your proof.
Yeah, the bible doesn't either. In fact I can point out a prophesy that not only did the bible not get it right. It got it catastrophically wrong. Check out the disaster that is Ezekiel chapter 26.

Here are a few examples of prophesies that were just plain wrong:

Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.

Sooo...Jewish population is on the order of 10^20? Really?!?! Prophesy wrong.​

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
Last time I checked, Damascus is still a city. In fact, it is a city with a population of over 1 million. Failed Prophesy.
Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.
I could be mistaken, but I believe that Nile is still quite healthy.
Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.
Pretty sure there are uncircumcised people living in Jerusalem to this day.
And those are just a few right off the top of my head.
you of all people then should know the Bible has been corrupted hence why Jesus said he would send the Holy spirit to teach us
Sooo...the Bible, the only source for a full century to indicate that Jesus even lived, can't be trusted as a source, but Jesus is real? And your objective evidence of this would be...?

Who cares? Jewish population does not "equal the stars". And even if you were to try to suggest that God was referring to all of civilisation, it still doesn't equal 10^24. The prophesy was wrong.

Last edited:

Or from an atheist website that you frequent.

Did it take courage for you to write that crap?
22424536_1875091782516182_7815273979414911835_o.jpg

Who cares? Jewish population does not "equal the stars". And even if you were to try to suggest that God was referring to all of civilisation, it still doesn't equal 10^24. The prophesy was wrong.
You went to seminary school and they never taught you about allegory?

Yeah, and they taught that allegory doesn't apply to prophesy.

There are five criteria for prophesy, in order for it to be considered inspired of god:

1. It must be accurate
  2. It must be in the bible.
  3. It must be precise, and unambiguous.
  4. It must be improbable.
  5. It must have been unknown.
That third criteria is the one that dictates that prophesy cannot be allegorical. It is not possible to be both precise, and unambiguous, and allegorical. Now it can be symbolic, like the prophesies of Daniel, but it cannot be purely allegory.

There are five criteria for prophesy, in order for it to be considered inspired of god:

1. It must be accurate
That third criteria is the one that dictates that prophesy cannot be allegorical. It is not possible to be both precise, and unambiguous, and allegorical. Now it can be symbolic, like the prophesies of Daniel, but it cannot be purely allegory.
Bullshit. You are telling me that you believe it was a quantitative description?

Did you see the detail they used in the historical sections?

1. It must be accurate
Bullshit. You are telling me that you believe it was a quantitative description?

Either it meets all five criteria, or it wasn't prophecy. You decide which.

Why don’t you take a chance and become a Muslim or Mormon?

So now why would we follow your religion?

We don’t follow or believe in Satan or Jesus. You don’t realize how stupid you sound
because the only truth is Jesus Christ - he would not be involved in any of the corrupt religions of tosday - why don't you try following his instructions and proving to yourself he is real -
Prove he's the only truth and Islam is a false religion, or the Talmud is, or Dianetics is. Why should we believe one over the others?
Does any religious text, other than the Bible, contain thousands of prophecies that came true? Didn't think so. There's your proof.
Yeah, the bible doesn't either. In fact I can point out a prophesy that not only did the bible not get it right. It got it catastrophically wrong. Check out the disaster that is Ezekiel chapter 26.

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
Last time I checked, Damascus is still a city. In fact, it is a city with a population of over 1 million. Failed Prophesy.
Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.
Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.
you of all people then should know the Bible has been corrupted hence why Jesus said he would send the Holy spirit to teach us
If the Bible has been corrupted consider it was also invented to begin with.

It’s not like Jesus wrote a book. Some guys who invented Christianity did.

It’s ok that you don’t believe that’s what happened but if there’s a god he would understand why we didn’t believe the people who told us about Jesus

In other words it’s not our fault your story makes no logical sense.

That’s why we aren’t scared to not believe. If god wrote a book it would be better than the old or new testament

Sooo...the Bible, the only source for a full century to indicate that Jesus even lived, can't be trusted as a source, but Jesus is real? And your objective evidence of this would be...?
What about 1800 he visited Joseph Smith and told him the same thing he revealed to daisy. That all religions are corrupt and he needed to start a new religion.

There is no difference between her and Joseph Smith except he followed through and got a new religion started

What about 1800 he visited Joseph Smith and told him the same thing he revealed to daisy. That all religions are corrupt and he needed to start a new religion.

There is no difference between her and Joseph Smith except he followed through and got a new religion started
huh?howdige

If the Bible has been corrupted consider it was also invented to begin with.

It’s not like Jesus wrote a book. Some guys who invented Christianity did.

It’s ok that you don’t believe that’s what happened but if there’s a god he would understand why we didn’t believe the people who told us about Jesus

In other words it’s not our fault your story makes no logical sense.

That’s why we aren’t scared to not believe. If god wrote a book it would be better than the old or new testament
The history is still in tact

1. It must be accurate

I've decided that you never went to seminary school.

1. It must be accurate

Too objective?

1. It must be accurate

Too objective?
Only when one believes the number of stars in the sky was meant to be quantitative.

1. It must be accurate

And I've decided you are just a troll. Looks like we both decided to dismiss each other.

1. It must be accurate

Too objective?
Only when one believes the number of stars in the sky was meant to be quantitative.
Only if one believes that the statement was prophetic.

Forum List

Back