Atheism takes courage

Why don’t you take a chance and become a Muslim or Mormon?

So now why would we follow your religion?

We don’t follow or believe in Satan or Jesus. You don’t realize how stupid you sound
because the only truth is Jesus Christ - he would not be involved in any of the corrupt religions of tosday - why don't you try following his instructions and proving to yourself he is real -
Prove he's the only truth and Islam is a false religion, or the Talmud is, or Dianetics is. Why should we believe one over the others?
Does any religious text, other than the Bible, contain thousands of prophecies that came true? Didn't think so. There's your proof.
Yeah, the bible doesn't either. In fact I can point out a prophesy that not only did the bible not get it right. It got it catastrophically wrong. Check out the disaster that is Ezekiel chapter 26.

Here are a few examples of prophesies that were just plain wrong:

Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.

Sooo...Jewish population is on the order of 10^20? Really?!?! Prophesy wrong.​

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
Last time I checked, Damascus is still a city. In fact, it is a city with a population of over 1 million. Failed Prophesy.
Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.
I could be mistaken, but I believe that Nile is still quite healthy.
Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.
Pretty sure there are uncircumcised people living in Jerusalem to this day.
And those are just a few right off the top of my head.
you of all people then should know the Bible has been corrupted hence why Jesus said he would send the Holy spirit to teach us
Where did you read that? In the bible? You mean the book that has been corrupted? How do you know the original wasn't made up?

because the only truth is Jesus Christ - he would not be involved in any of the corrupt religions of tosday - why don't you try following his instructions and proving to yourself he is real -
Prove he's the only truth and Islam is a false religion, or the Talmud is, or Dianetics is. Why should we believe one over the others?
Does any religious text, other than the Bible, contain thousands of prophecies that came true? Didn't think so. There's your proof.
Yeah, the bible doesn't either. In fact I can point out a prophesy that not only did the bible not get it right. It got it catastrophically wrong. Check out the disaster that is Ezekiel chapter 26.

Genesis 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed.

Isaiah 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
Last time I checked, Damascus is still a city. In fact, it is a city with a population of over 1 million. Failed Prophesy.
Isaiah 19:4-5 And the Egyptians will I give over into the hand of a cruel lord; and a fierce king shall rule over them, saith the Lord, the LORD of hosts. And the waters shall fail from the sea, and the river shall be wasted and dried up.
Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean.
you of all people then should know the Bible has been corrupted hence why Jesus said he would send the Holy spirit to teach us
Where did you read that? In the bible? You mean the book that has been corrupted? How do you know the original wasn't made up?
the only reason the bible is corrupt is because satan is using it to deceive people... they are worshipping it rather than Jesus - saying the bible is the word of God when only Jesus is - making a paper God speak the bible says this the bible says that - they are only knowing OF Jesus because they momorize scripture instead of spending alone one on one personal time with him as he wants them too

the only reason the bible is corrupt is because satan is using it to deceive people... they are worshipping it rather than Jesus - saying the bible is the word of God when only Jesus is - making a paper God speak the bible says this the bible says that - they are only knowing OF Jesus because they momorize scripture instead of spending alone one on one personal time with him as he wants them too

maxresdefault.jpg

So, you spend one on one time with Jesus? What's he like? What kind of beer does he drink? Is he rooting for the Eagles, or the Patriots?

So, you spend one on one time with Jesus? What's he like? What kind of beer does he drink? Is he rooting for the Eagles, or the Patriots?
You have to truly believe or you can’t understand. But believing the unbelievable requires you go all in.

They could have easily left out the virgin birth and rising from the grave stuff. I’m waiting for the next stage or evolution of religion. One that comes out and admits they have no proof or stories of when a god ever visited. But despite having no stories of it ever visiting they choose to believe in and thanking the creator. But that means throwing away hell and Satan.

Bullshit. You are telling me that you believe it was a quantitative description?

Did you see the detail they used in the historical sections?
Either it meets all five criteria, or it wasn't prophecy. You decide which.
I've decided that you never went to seminary school.

Too objective?
Only when one believes the number of stars in the sky was meant to be quantitative.
Only if one believes that the statement was prophetic.
Only if it suits your purposes.

100%

You don't?

100%

You don't?
I use to think I had a personal relationship with god then I realized I didn’t.

100%

You don't?
If you didn't know, you probably didn't.

100%

You don't?
Well I talked to him and it provided me with comfort just like it does everyone else who believes they are communicating with something.

100%

You don't?
Well I talked to him and it provided me with comfort just like it does everyone else who believes they are communicating with something.
Like I said, you probably didn't.

100%

You don't?

You were probably just going through the motions, sincerely or sincerely idk not my place to say...but you would know.

100%

You don't?
try again with an open heart and open mind and ask him to reveal himself to you cos he will

You have to truly believe or you can’t understand. But believing the unbelievable requires you go all in.

They could have easily left out the virgin birth and rising from the grave stuff. I’m waiting for the next stage or evolution of religion. One that comes out and admits they have no proof or stories of when a god ever visited. But despite having no stories of it ever visiting they choose to believe in and thanking the creator. But that means throwing away hell and Satan.
you're forgetting one big thing is jesus wants to reveal himself to you and those of ushe has revealed himself to know he is real beyond a shadow of a doubt he proves himself

ha ha ha Jesus wouldn't care about stuff like that obviously lol

100%

You don't?

You were probably just going through the motions, sincerely or sincerely idk not my place to say...but you would know.
Lol. I didn’t believe hard enough.

Sorry I didn’t have the same results you did. Perhaps you want it so bad you’ve convinced yourself something that just ain’t true.

But the truth is you got the same results I did. Nothing spoke back to you.

100%

You don't?

Lol. I didn’t believe hard enough.

Sorry I didn’t have the same results you did. Perhaps you want it so bad you’ve convinced yourself something that just ain’t true.

But the truth is you got the same results I did. Nothing spoke back to you.
it did not happen right away for me either it took me years of searching till i finally believed with my whole heart then it happened

100%

You don't?
try again with an open heart and open mind and ask him to reveal himself to you cos he will

Oh I didn’t have an open heart and mind? I couldn’t have been more open. Sorry. The only difference between us is I was unable to convince myself. You have completely convinced yourself.

It’s like you are asking me to toss out common sense and logic and let wishful thinking rule

Forum List

Back