At meeting, Walker County man dressed as 'Lone Ranger' says N-word, supports using slurs

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Walker County's livestreamed commission meeting came to an unusual end Thursday night.

During the public comment portion of the meeting, a man named Ray C. Burnfin with the alias 'The Lone Ranger' came up to speak.

He began by talking in favor of the Confederate flag and said it was not a hate symbol. It appeared he has a patch of the flag on his jacket.

He then condoned the use of racial slurs and commented on race relations.

The masked man then said there was nothing wrong with the "N-word," and proceeded to say it out loud.

"There is nothing wrong with it... we’re colored too. It's alright to use if you don’t turn a sharp 'er,'" he said.

Burnfin also said there was no such thing as white supremacy or black supremacy.

"I have been asked to speak for the issues of Walker County, but that is the beginning of the issues that goes on in America today," he said. "I have been asked to speak about this [Confederate] flag that flies over out battlefield."
The commissioners do not reprimand him, or cancel his allotted time. He was the final speaker and none of the commissioners commented on his statements immediately afterward.

On Friday morning, Commission Chairman Shannon Whitfield said Burnfin's statements "do not reflect the values in their community."

At meeting, Walker County man dressed as 'Lone Ranger' says N-word, supports using slurs (msn.com)

Since his comments don't reflect the values of the community, why did they allow him to stand there and spew that garbage?

Walker County's livestreamed commission meeting came to an unusual end Thursday night.

During the public comment portion of the meeting, a man named Ray C. Burnfin with the alias 'The Lone Ranger' came up to speak.

He began by talking in favor of the Confederate flag and said it was not a hate symbol. It appeared he has a patch of the flag on his jacket.

The masked man then said there was nothing wrong with the "N-word," and proceeded to say it out loud.

"There is nothing wrong with it... we’re colored too. It's alright to use if you don’t turn a sharp 'er,'" he said.

Burnfin also said there was no such thing as white supremacy or black supremacy.

"I have been asked to speak for the issues of Walker County, but that is the beginning of the issues that goes on in America today," he said. "I have been asked to speak about this [Confederate] flag that flies over out battlefield."
The commissioners do not reprimand him, or cancel his allotted time. He was the final speaker and none of the commissioners commented on his statements immediately afterward.

On Friday morning, Commission Chairman Shannon Whitfield said Burnfin's statements "do not reflect the values in their community."

At meeting, Walker County man dressed as 'Lone Ranger' says N-word, supports using slurs (msn.com)

Since his comments don't reflect the values of the community, why did they allow him to stand there and spew that garbage?

Ever heard of Free Speech?

oh no he said the N word--------like blacks don't use the N word and cracker.

it's word........

AND FYI, I am from texas-----and went to a certain school named for a famous writer who often used the N word-----teachers insisted that we use it and oddly not as an insults to blacks but in support of as this writer was against slavery and discrimination against blacks. Texans realize basic facts---the N word is just a word and FASCISTS race hos like yourself are tying to control peoples language, statues and history is nothing but a sick attempt for power and control over others and manipulation.

This man isn't wrong--------fight injustice stop letting whiney manipulative race hustler morons attempts to control others.

Eh, most of what liberals say on this message board are lies, race baiting or just plain old gross, yet I wouldn't stop them ... free country ... free speech..

it's word........

AND FYI, I am from texas-----and went to a certain school named for a famous writer who often used the N word-----teachers insisted that we use it and oddly not as an insults to blacks but in support of as this writer was against slavery and discrimination against blacks. Texans realize basic facts---the N word is just a word and FASCISTS race hos like yourself are tying to control peoples language, statues and history is nothing but a sick attempt for power and control over others and manipulation.

This man isn't wrong--------fight injustice stop letting whiney manipulative race hustler morons attempts to control others.

You used it because you are a racist hag. Your logic is stupid as hell and anyone who reads that garbage is as stupid as you are if they agree with that stupidity.

Eh, most of what liberals say on this message board are lies, race baiting or just plain old gross, yet I wouldn't stop them ... free country ... free speech..

Agreed. The idea that NOT taking active measures to shut down someone speaking, implies agreement,

reveals what type of Totalitarian want-a-be-s these liberals are.

I have no idea where to go with this. But this thread is a hodgepodge of liberal mind games layered on top of one another. Lets start with the "n word" What word is that? Cant say it, it offends people...But you hear it all the time. Is it that ONE despicable word that I hear just about EVERYBODY use but its taboo because...liberals say so? The Confederacy? Well Democrats where the backbone of the Confederacy.... democrats lost their backbone years ago and like a a bunch of spineless organisms, they glom onto whatever causes they can feed off of. It seems to work. It's why I left the Democrats...they are such manipulative liars.

Last edited:

Oh, you mean the word that the inferior race is forbidden by law from saying but that the favored race uses 20-30 times a day?

it's word........

You used it because you are a racist hag. Your logic is stupid as hell and anyone who reads that garbage is as stupid as you are if they agree with that stupidity.
Bullshit. You blacks use it all the time.

My N^^^ah
Sup N^^^ah
Every song you "rap" has it in the lyrics.

When you stop saying it, so will I. If its a bad word, then why are YOU using it? Now stfu. Oh...and speaking of cultural stealing...you may claim its ok from blacks to blacks. Um. Ok. But don't have a cow when anyone else says it. AND FURTHERMORE..having that same cow over and over again because some white chick wears dreadlocks. Tell ya what....when black chicks stop wearing straight hair or blonde wavy wigs, the dreadlocks will be a no no too. Goose, gander. You get the drift.

Agreed. The idea that NOT taking active measures to shut down someone speaking, implies agreement,

Most Democrats (the pro leftist riots and anti-constitutional ones in government) are incapable of fair and honest judgement these days, I certainly would want them deciding on what speech to abolish and who to send to re-education camps.

it's word........

Why would anyone use that derogatory term in 2021?

Most Democrats (the pro leftist riots and anti-constitutional ones in government) are incapable of fair and honest judgement these days, I certainly would want them deciding on what speech to abolish and who to send to re-education camps.

I would not trust them to decide whether to shit or get off the pot, for fear that they would turn it into a national scandal and claim it proved that someone was wacist and that they thus needed to burn down a city or two and kill some people.

If a Black Israelite had gotten up and had black nationalist regalia, and used terms like goyim, and cracker, honkey, peckerwood, etc. . . . would you want the black man censured and not allowed to speak his peace?

Use ya head. . . this is America, we don't stop folks from speaking their mind, or censoring language. The only thing that is truly considered profane, is if it is thought to appeal to prurient interests. Derogatory terms are just political.

Forum List

Back