At meeting, Walker County man dressed as 'Lone Ranger' says N-word, supports using slurs

Walker County's livestreamed commission meeting came to an unusual end Thursday night.

During the public comment portion of the meeting, a man named Ray C. Burnfin with the alias 'The Lone Ranger' came up to speak.

He began by talking in favor of the Confederate flag and said it was not a hate symbol. It appeared he has a patch of the flag on his jacket.

He then condoned the use of racial slurs and commented on race relations.

The masked man then said there was nothing wrong with the "N-word," and proceeded to say it out loud.

"There is nothing wrong with it... we’re colored too. It's alright to use if you don’t turn a sharp 'er,'" he said.

Burnfin also said there was no such thing as white supremacy or black supremacy.

"I have been asked to speak for the issues of Walker County, but that is the beginning of the issues that goes on in America today," he said. "I have been asked to speak about this [Confederate] flag that flies over out battlefield."
The commissioners do not reprimand him, or cancel his allotted time. He was the final speaker and none of the commissioners commented on his statements immediately afterward.

On Friday morning, Commission Chairman Shannon Whitfield said Burnfin's statements "do not reflect the values in their community."

At meeting, Walker County man dressed as 'Lone Ranger' says N-word, supports using slurs (msn.com)

Since his comments don't reflect the values of the community, why did they allow him to stand there and spew that garbage?

Because this is the United States of America and while I may not agree with what you say, I will fight to the death for your right to say it...

Walker County's livestreamed commission meeting came to an unusual end Thursday night.

During the public comment portion of the meeting, a man named Ray C. Burnfin with the alias 'The Lone Ranger' came up to speak.

He began by talking in favor of the Confederate flag and said it was not a hate symbol. It appeared he has a patch of the flag on his jacket.

The masked man then said there was nothing wrong with the "N-word," and proceeded to say it out loud.

"There is nothing wrong with it... we’re colored too. It's alright to use if you don’t turn a sharp 'er,'" he said.

Burnfin also said there was no such thing as white supremacy or black supremacy.

"I have been asked to speak for the issues of Walker County, but that is the beginning of the issues that goes on in America today," he said. "I have been asked to speak about this [Confederate] flag that flies over out battlefield."
The commissioners do not reprimand him, or cancel his allotted time. He was the final speaker and none of the commissioners commented on his statements immediately afterward.

On Friday morning, Commission Chairman Shannon Whitfield said Burnfin's statements "do not reflect the values in their community."

At meeting, Walker County man dressed as 'Lone Ranger' says N-word, supports using slurs (msn.com)

Since his comments don't reflect the values of the community, why did they allow him to stand there and spew that garbage?
oh no he said the N word--------like blacks don't use the N word and cracker.

it's word........

AND FYI, I am from texas-----and went to a certain school named for a famous writer who often used the N word-----teachers insisted that we use it and oddly not as an insults to blacks but in support of as this writer was against slavery and discrimination against blacks. Texans realize basic facts---the N word is just a word and FASCISTS race hos like yourself are tying to control peoples language, statues and history is nothing but a sick attempt for power and control over others and manipulation.

This man isn't wrong--------fight injustice stop letting whiney manipulative race hustler morons attempts to control others.

You used it because you are a racist hag. Your logic is stupid as hell and anyone who reads that garbage is as stupid as you are if they agree with that stupidity.
In a nation of 325 million and more, are you going to drag up every white guy who says something negative to your tastes? Everyday there are people of your cultural background who do the same and it is not reported.

most rap singers prove him right on most accounts,,

Ever heard of Free Speech?
Embarrassing free speech at that.

it's word........

AND FYI, I am from texas-----and went to a certain school named for a famous writer who often used the N word-----teachers insisted that we use it and oddly not as an insults to blacks but in support of as this writer was against slavery and discrimination against blacks. Texans realize basic facts---the N word is just a word and FASCISTS race hos like yourself are tying to control peoples language, statues and history is nothing but a sick attempt for power and control over others and manipulation.

This man isn't wrong--------fight injustice stop letting whiney manipulative race hustler morons attempts to control others.

You used it because you are a racist hag. Your logic is stupid as hell and anyone who reads that garbage is as stupid as you are if they agree with that stupidity.
I am worse than that-- far worse-------

I am someone who no longer sees being called a rascist as an insult-

Just an act of stupid and I do mean STUPID race hustlers trying to bully other people into silence.

The only correct response is tell you where you get off..

I'm gonna have to refrain for making a judgement without the video or a transcript of what the guy said. He was dressed as the Lone Ranger, so who is to say he doesn't have dementia like Biden...

it's word........

Nobody call's white folks "cracker".

Did he say n i g g e r or negro?

The same reason you're representatives spew their hate and get away with it. It's called free speech snowflake. Get over it.

it's word........

Tigger does, you against her?

it's word........

All the fricking time-----take for instance Trayvon's supposed girlfriend (which turned out to be a giant lie/fraud but I digress)----------she was claiming she and he were referring to zimmerman who is dark skinned as a cracker before attacking him while she testified (perjured herself) in court------

gee so black people referring to each other as N words (trayvons computer handle on the web was no limits nigga) are out calling white and hispanic people crackers while they themselves physically attack people of all different colors and use racial slurs against others. AS per court testimony---

In this country, we have Freedom of Speech. The first Amendment is very specific on this.

And remember this, and never forget, Inoffensive Speech doesn't need legal protection as no one is interested in quashing it.

This is exactly who the founding fathers were protecting when they came up with the 1st A.

I don't say that word. It's not because I feel threatened, it's because I'm not an asshole. I grew up around people who had no other word for black people. I used it myself before I was old enough know any better and rather than feel I have lost something I feel I have gained maturity. I put away that word proudly as a sign that I have rose above my raising and that I am no longer an ignorant backwoods hillbilly. I'm still a backwoods hillbilly though. Turns out ignorance is not necessary.

it's word........

Tigger does, you against her?
I was gonna post exactly that. :auiqs.jpg:

Regardless, creppitits is a moron. Cracker is used all the time.

Using racial slurs is not nice, but I wish people would stop giving the word we’re talking about so much power. Yes it’s wrong to say, but it’s not yelling fire in a crowded theater

I don't say that word. It's not because I feel threatened, it's because I'm not an asshole. I grew up around people who had no other word for black people. I used it myself before I was old enough know any better and rather than feel I have lost something I feel I have gained maturity. I put away that word proudly as a sign that I have rose above my raising and that I am no longer an ignorant backwoods hillbilly. I'm still a backwoods hillbilly though. Turns out ignorance is not necessary.

Went and got yourself all woke, eh?

it's word........

Might I suggest you avoid reading Huckleberry Finn. Not that you’re capable of that.

Forum List

Back