Assuming DeSantis Runs.Then Later,Polling Has Him Close To 20% Over Any Democrat.Do You Think The Left Will"Create Past Scandals"To Take Him Down?

So what? Trump is pushing to get the Republican nomination and is up against a legitimate foe in DeSantis. He is jockeying around to win, and whichever one of them comes out on top gets my vote. I am sure DeSantis will push back and not get his feelings hurt.
So what? So Trump will shit on the GOP and conservatives in general.....to benefit himself.

You guys are a means to an end. And that end isn't about your benefit. Its about Trump's

If DeSantis waits that long he will be out of it before he starts
It's DeSantis's only plan. He has no other option!

And I think I'm right on Trump's chances if they have to settle with him. I think the Demonrats understand that getting rid of Trump is their deathwish coming true.

If he enters the race before Trump is out of it then Trump will take him down.

If Trump is eliminated then DeSantis is America's next president!

But there's the nasty truth to consider too:

If Trump is the nominee then the next president is a Demonrat.

The truth is....it doesn't matter who the GOP nominee is. A democrat is still going to win.

If Trump is the nominee, a democrat wins. Trump is an awful candidate, with nearly half of the electorate refusing to vote for him under any circumstance. Trump doesn't adapt, he doesn't change his pitch. He's gotten more authoritarian, called for the termination of the constitution, demanded 'patriotism' certifications for jobs, and all sundry fascist shit.

It doesn't play well outside of MAGA.

If Trump isn't the nominee, Trump burns the GOP to the ground. He insists it was a fraud, that it was stolen, that he was cheated. Just like he did in 2016 when he lost in Iowa. And if even 10% of his base goes with him to a third party or doesn't vote in the general election because they think Trump was cheated...

.....a democrat wins by a landslide.

The GOP is utterly fucked in 2024.

So what? Trump is pushing to get the Republican nomination and is up against a legitimate foe in DeSantis. He is jockeying around to win, and whichever one of them comes out on top gets my vote. I am sure DeSantis will push back and not get his feelings hurt.

Trump does not seem as motivated this time and is going through the motions

He thinks he can just mail it in

Trump does not seem as motivated this time and is going through the motions

He thinks he can just mail it in

He can. There's literally no downside for Trump. If he wins, he's president. If he loses, he's a martyr. And will make a fortune peddling his latest failure to MAGA.

And no one ever lost money trying to convincing conservatives that they are victims.

He can. There's literally no downside for Trump. If he wins, he's president. If he loses, he's a martyr. And will make a fortune peddling his latest failure to MAGA.

And no one ever lost money trying to convincing conservatives that they are victims.

Either way, he gets the attention he craves

The truth is....it doesn't matter who the GOP nominee is. A democrat is still going to win.

If Trump is the nominee, a democrat wins. Trump is an awful candidate, with nearly half of the electorate refusing to vote for him under any circumstance. Trump doesn't adapt, he doesn't change his pitch. He's gotten more authoritarian, called for the termination of the constitution, demanded 'patriotism' certifications for jobs, and all sundry fascist shit.

It doesn't play well outside of MAGA.

If Trump isn't the nominee, Trump burns the GOP to the ground. He insists it was a fraud, that it was stolen, that he was cheated. Just like he did in 2016 when he lost in Iowa. And if even 10% of his base goes with him to a third party or doesn't vote in the general election because they think Trump was cheated...

.....a democrat wins by a landslide.

The GOP is utterly fucked in 2024.
I'm interested in your talking points if you think for yourself and stop parroting.

Bullshit again.
November of 2022 was not the time to start attacking an opponent who is quite likely to not even run for President in 2024. Trump attacked the best story the Republicans had in the election because it wasn't about him.

Bullshit again.
November of 2022 was not the time to start attacking an opponent who is quite likely to not even run for President in 2024. Trump attacked the best story the Republicans had in the election because it wasn't about him.
You sound like you are getting a mild case of TDS and starting to agree with the enemy. I call bullshit to that.
Trump is serious about running and will fight for the nomination. Nothing at all wrong with that. Whoever wins is better than what is destroying our country right now.

You sound like you are getting a mild case of TDS and starting to agree with the enemy. I call bullshit to that.
Trump is serious about running and will fight for the nomination. Nothing at all wrong with that. Whoever wins is better than what is destroying our country right now.
That is no different than saying anyone who doesn't totally and blindly agree with Biden's Ukraine policies is a "Putin lover".
I voted for Trump last year. OBVIOUSLY I would rather had him again than a person OBVIOUSLY suffering from significant cognitive decline and his affirmative action clown of a VP.
But that doesn't mean I blindly support every thing the man does. Attacking your parties wins, because you didn't cause the win, is stupid and selfish. He wants to be the only person in the room who has attention. DeSantis got some VERY deservedly lime light - this made Trump jealous - so he attacked him.

That is no different than saying anyone who doesn't totally and blindly agree with Biden's Ukraine policies is a "Putin lover".
I voted for Trump last year. OBVIOUSLY I would rather had him again than a person OBVIOUSLY suffering from significant cognitive decline and his affirmative action clown of a VP.
But that doesn't mean I blindly support every thing the man does. Attacking your parties wins, because you didn't cause the win, is stupid and selfish. He wants to be the only person in the room who has attention. DeSantis got some VERY deservedly lime light - this made Trump jealous - so he attacked him.
As I said, I will vote for whomever wins the Republican nomination. I don't blindly follow anyone, what I said was Trump is fighting for the nomination and just because he peed in DeSantis Cheerios is no big deal. People will select the one they want to fight the evil Reich.

As I said, I will vote for whomever wins the Republican nomination. I don't blindly follow anyone, what I said was Trump is fighting for the nomination and just because he peed in DeSantis Cheerios is no big deal. People will select the one they want to fight the evil Reich.
I disagree.
It IS a big deal. And the left media were all over his comments, and using it to for their own purposes. And if DeSantis does run, you can bet your ass the left media will use it again along with every other thing he has said about him.
Trump would have made himself look a HELL of a lot better if he would have praised DeSantis turning Florida red. I am not even close to being alone on this. A lot of Republicans didn't like it.

'Do You Think The Left Will" Create Past Scandals"To Take Him Down?'​

Past scandals

Current scandals

Female accusers will come crawling out of the walls like cockroaches

...whatever it takes.

He is worse than a million Trumps and Trump is worse than a million Hiters…therefore DeSantis is a trillion Hitlers.

That should scare not only this entire planet, but any other planet in the universe with intelligent life.
DeSantis committed Jewish genocide and killed 60,000,000,000,000,000 Jews?

So are we gonna see a repeat of what happened with Trump when he was running? Sex scandals and watching very sexy russian ladies have a field day on a bed in a high end russian hotel? If any republican is a threat to the left, we all know it's Ron DeSantis, and what if as we head into the late summer,fall, all polls show DeSantis with a commanding lead in all swing states, and a few purple states that Biden won. Then what? CNN/MSNBC will look for more "Hear-Say" stories regarding DeSantis and his past before he became governor? Maybe DeSantis was seen checking into an Orlando Motel 6 with two attractive female midgets at around 1am in 2003?
Not sure why everyone is worried about Desantis. Surely Republicans have learned their lesson and will nominate a candidate with broad appeal, instead of a contentious culture warrior guaranteed to piss off half the country.

LOL - ok, ok. I was just kidding.

I disagree.
It IS a big deal. And the left media were all over his comments, and using it to for their own purposes. And if DeSantis does run, you can bet your ass the left media will use it again along with every other thing he has said about him.
Trump would have made himself look a HELL of a lot better if he would have praised DeSantis turning Florida red. I am not even close to being alone on this. A lot of Republicans didn't like it.
If you let yourself get all into this and all worried and emotional, it takes away from the end goal of nominating the candidate who can do the best to undo the evil of this administration. If its DeSantis, more people will vote for him. If its Trump, more for him....all that will wash out in the primaries and debates. Worrying about what the leftist press says about anything only clouds the end goal of kicking out the vermin ruining our country. Its not a popularity poll, its who will work hardest for real Americans.

'Do You Think The Left Will" Create Past Scandals"To Take Him Down?'​

Past scandals

Current scandals

Female accusers will come crawling out of the walls like cockroaches

...whatever it takes.

Again, irrelevant. If DeSantis wins the nomination, Trump will burn the GOP to the ground. The 'left' need do nothing more than sit back and watch the GOP burn.

I'll even bring the marshmallows.

Forum List

Back