Ashli Babbitt, protester killed at Capitol, was Air Force vet from California

When disgraceful seditionists get shot, it is usual history.

Yea, just paint everyone with erroneous political thoughts as "seditionists" and then shoot them all. That's what Hitler and Stalin did. Simple.

.as if you have the US military out-gunned..too funny.

So you think a bunch of Trump supporters are going to walk out into a field and fight the U.S. military? Is that how you think a civil war would go down?
No...were that unlikely event to ensue...Trumpists would morph into instant terrorists...and target innocents with the usual terrorist tactics..bombs and such--the tactics of cowards...which would suit most of them to a T.

But...if they were to form a nation-state...succede or some such nonsense..they would be smashed.

and act blameless.

Where did I say that was "blameless"? Damn dude.
She just followed the mob. It’s implicit in your statement you’re attempting to paint her sympathetically as having done nothing wrong.

This was a protest, against alleged rigging of the election, not a "mob".

The girl was UNARMED, and that needs to be emphasized. When the left starts shooting unarmed women for being veterans of military service, that's a disgrace.
It was a mob engaged in a riot, committing federal felonies. That made the protest illegal.

Lafayette Square was cleared by the national guard after a water bottle was thrown in the general vicinity of law enforcement. By that standard, the protest was illegal the second they started shoving past capital police.

How were the police supposed to know she was unarmed?

you’re attempting to paint her sympathetically as having done nothing wrong.

Not at all. She was wrong to be in that building. She was wrong to attempt to climb through that window.

Now, was it necessary for the cop to shoot her? I don't think so.
I don’t think it as necessary to shoot her either, said so many times. But the police will be able to claim they felt imminent threat and they will win their argument because it’s worked so many times before.

shot a woman in her bed...yall were good with it.....why not shot a woman breaking into the capitol...she was a terrorist when shot....yall are just pissed cause she was white
That obese drug dealing hood ho was not lying in her bed. You are just pissed because she was black.

So you AGREE that cops should be able to shoot suspects under the assumption that they must be armed because, after all, how does a cop KNOW that they are NOT armed, right?

I don’t think it as necessary to shoot her either, said so many times. But the police will be able to claim they felt imminent threat and they will win their argument because it’s worked so many times before.

I agree that it's likely that the cop will skate because he works for the government and the victim was right-wing so, end of story.

Had it been a white cop shooting dead a black, female, member of BLM, he'd be crucified and Nancy and Chuck would be apologizing to the woman's family.

So you AGREE that cops should be able to shoot suspects under the assumption that they must be armed because, after all, how does a cop KNOW that they are NOT armed, right?
Not at all. I’m just saying what the police will be saying if charges were ever filed.

That’s what they say when they shoot unarmed blacks people and it works.

I think it’s wrong but that’s how it goes.

and act blameless.

Where did I say that was "blameless"? Damn dude.
She just followed the mob. It’s implicit in your statement you’re attempting to paint her sympathetically as having done nothing wrong.

This was a protest, against alleged rigging of the election, not a "mob".

The girl was UNARMED, and that needs to be emphasized. When the left starts shooting unarmed women for being veterans of military service, that's a disgrace.
It was a mob engaged in a riot, committing federal felonies. That made the protest illegal.

Lafayette Square was cleared by the national guard after a water bottle was thrown in the general vicinity of law enforcement. By that standard, the protest was illegal the second they started shoving past capital police.

The police could have noted that the broad wasn't shooting at them.

If Law Enforcement was returning fire, I could have seen it, but that wasn't the case here.

When the liberals rioted in Ferguson, the police didn't mow them down- and this was a PEACEFUL protest where no buildings were burned.

The seditionists should have armed themselves.

The folks that wandered into the wide-open Capitol were not seditionists, at least not most of them. They shouldn't have gone into the Capitol, but they aren't what you claim them to be.

In any event, the right is now on notice that, in the future, right-wingers need to be armed and need to be prepared to strike first!

I agree that it's likely that the cop will skate because he works for the government and the victim was right-wing so, end of story.

Had it been a white cop shooting dead a black, female, member of BLM, he'd be crucified and Nancy and Chuck would be apologizing to the woman's family.
Has nothing to do with her being right wing. She was breaking into a federal building.
Imagine if she had been a BLM member breaking into the Oval Office? You think anyone would complain they would have been shot?

The police could have noted that the broad wasn't shooting at them.

If Law Enforcement was returning fire, I could have seen it, but that wasn't the case here.

When the liberals rioted in Ferguson, the police didn't mow them down- and this was a PEACEFUL protest where no buildings were burned.
Standard is that you don’t have to wait to be shot at before you use deadly force. It’s been used to justify the deaths of many other people and is a doctrine supported by conservatives when it suits them apparently.

That’s what they say when they shoot unarmed blacks people and it works.

In this case the cop had ZERO reason to believe that she was armed.

With that said, it's possible that the police warned them that they would be shot if they came any further. That's what we don't know.

The woman shouldn't have been there and she shares responsibility for her demise, but the Capitol cops handled it VERY poorly and, from what little I've seen, I don't think it was necessary to shoot her. However, I reserve the right to change my view if and when more information is available.

In this case the cop had ZERO reason to believe that she was armed.
Zero reason to believe she wasn’t. Do you have to wait to find out? Nope. If someone comes running at the president, do you think secret service would wait to find out if they were armed?

Armed seditionists would surely awake even the deeply sleeping, lazy public. That would be a change. We can not bring ourselves to hope for it, but it is tempting.

Imagine if she had been a BLM member breaking into the Oval Office?

People have jumped the fence and even gotten into the White House and I am not sure if any of them were shot.

I guess it depends on the situation. If a person breaks in and he president is NOT there, presumably an officer could pull their gun and command the perp to get on the ground, etc. If the president in 10 feet from the perp, then the agent is likely required to shoot them.

I don't believe that there was a DIRE need to shoot that woman but, as I said in the other post, we'll see what else comes out.

Has nothing to do with her being right wing. She was breaking into a federal building.
Imagine if she had been a BLM member breaking into the Oval Office? You think anyone would complain they would have been shot?

Actually, if it was a liberal being shot, they would Literally Crucify who ever shot them. Look what they did to Hispanic block watch captain Zimmerman, when he defended himself in Florida a few years back.

Forum List

Back