As stated on fox news this morning. Arresting 730 criminals in new york would reduce crime by 30%

Without access to the specifics, that's an interesting suggestion with a peculiar set of data.

Why not arrest 1700 people and cut down crime by 48%? Or, how about 122,000 people and cut crime by 98.4%?

Furthermore, how the hell do you just arrest people randomly? Are we living in the Minority Report now?

Look, I'm not a soft on crime guy if someone is a career criminal and uninterested in going straight. I am a believer in redemption and rehabilitation though. My guess is that many police don't like that though, it cuts into their necessity. No crime, no cops (or far fewer and lower wages too).

Simplified solutions are rarely the answer or even credible.

Fox says a lot of goofy shit with no supporting evidence.

DO .... you....... un.. der...stannnd ... that ..... people.... who repeat crimes... who have been arrested multiple times and are released now without bail... go on the repeat more crimes? do you understand that there are people who supplement their income by commiting crimes over and over again and they are called career criminals? Its not any outrageous statement unless you are one of those people whom common sense escapes you like water down your shower drain.

That's why 3-strike laws are so critical. Get these criminals off the street permanently

That's why 3-strike laws are so critical. Get these criminals off the street permanently

Then why are you clutching your pearls? The great successful "three-strikes law" will eventually come into play and you will be safe from all the criminals.

You will learn as I most of us know, criminals hardly care about consequences. You get to the root of the problem or it will continue. Crime is a social and economic problem.

Fox says a lot of goofy shit with no supporting evidence.
Well, I don't know about the exact figures, but there is a constant revolving door at the jails and now some places are letting criminals out with no bail. It's not really an earth shattering fact that if we kept some people locked up for good, crime would decrease considerably. I favor five strikes and you're out, even it is only stealing candy bars.

Then why are you clutching your pearls? The great successful "three-strikes law" will eventually come into play and you will be safe from all the criminals.

You will learn as I most of us know, criminals hardly care about consequences. You get to the root of the problem or it will continue. Crime is a social and economic problem.

I disagree. Criminals do care about consequences.

It isn't a wonder to me that there are few stickups at police or NRA conventions. Criminals really aren't looking for gun fights. And they don't want caught.

DO .... you....... un.. der...stannnd ... that ..... people.... who repeat crimes... who have been arrested multiple times and are released now without bail... go on the repeat more crimes? do you understand that there are people who supplement their income by commiting crimes over and over again and they are called career criminals? Its not any outrageous statement unless you are one of those people whom common sense escapes you like water down your shower drain.
So once someone is arrested for anything, we should keep them locked up forever, right?

Well, I don't know about the exact figures, but there is a constant revolving door at the jails and now some places are letting criminals out with no bail. It's not really an earth shattering fact that if we kept some people locked up for good, crime would decrease considerably. I favor five strikes and you're out, even it is only stealing candy bars.
But fox didn't say lock some people up for good, did they?

How much would crime go down if the cities were able to rid themselves of guns? How many jails would close and how much money would the taxpayers save?

So once someone is arrested for anything, we should keep them locked up forever, right?

I never said forever. However, if you let people walk out of stores with $900 dollars worth of goods, smash car windows and steal things with merely a slap on the wrist... which direction do you think that encourages them to go? many times they will take it to a higher level.. end up doing worse crimes and hurting someone... and even then as we have seen in some cities... even those violent crimes go unpunished until the person hurts someone else.

Why not have a little bit of your compassion for those victims? a shop owner deserves to live in a city where he doesnt have to carry a sawed off shotgun under his counter... Respect for each other should be enforced or eventually we wont have a society. We'll have Portland.

On the other hand you could send the offenders to stay in Kansas for a while, it will probably feel like forever.

And arresting 10 in San Francisco would reduce 480 crimes over a 2 year period.

repeat offenders are going to repeat.

"As stated on FOX News". No evidence. FOX don't need no stinking evidence.

The reason FOX needs no evidence is because their idiot viewers believe every lie they tell, and you just proved that to be true.

"As stated on FOX News". No evidence. FOX don't need no stinking evidence.

The reason FOX needs no evidence is because their idiot viewers believe every lie they tell, and you just proved that to be true.
To bring fairness and sense to policing, which was needed, Progs screwed it up because it became purely political. With it because there are two parties there are many other agendas.

To bring fairness and sense to policing, which was needed, Progs screwed it up because it became purely political. With it because there are two parties there are many other agendas.

You state that "Progs screwed it up because it became purely political", without an ounce of evidence or even stating exactly how "Progs screwed it up".

TRUMP SCREWED IT UP FOR POLITICAL REASONS. When Michael Brown was murdered by police in Ferguson, and riots resulted, President Obama created the Task Force in American policing, which studied issues in communities with policing and made several recommendations for police reform, which the Obama Administration acted on.

Police Reform was ordered by the Department of Justice, and was undertaken in numerous large cities, across the country, with DOJ supervision. Upon his election, Donald Trump CANCELLED all of these police reform programs, and withdrew the funding for police reform. He told police not to be "so gentle" arresting suspects.

In the wake of the George Floyd murder, Trump did nothing. When protestors took to the street, they were confronted with violent police forces attacking and beating protestors. Trump revelled in the violence, as he always does, and branded it "liberal terrorism", even though virtually all of the arrests made for violence, looting and arson, were of right wing agitators and professional looting gangs.

Democrats didn't screw up policing for politcal reason, DONALD TRUMP DID IT.

Forum List

Back