As I Expected- 'White people are less likely to be Gay'

Well...a lot of blacks go to prison. And in there...well...it makes sense.
Look at the number of black men walking around with their pants below their butt hole. This is a practice used by black males in prison to let other inmates know they are willing to be ass-fucked. This is common knowledge among prisoners.
Hmmmm.
Seriously. This assertion of average guy is completely stupid.
I think the black man with Big Brothers who works with inner city youth knows better than you.
I think he's BSing you to see how gullible you are.
He was serious. He keeps those boys in line.

I do understand it. I do not see how it supports your idea that more whites are likely to be closeted.

Do you understand that answering truthfully to a confidential phone survey is less risky than actually being "out"?

THus the disconnect we see between those who know so many white gays, and the lack of black gays indicates a higher percentage of BLACK GAYS being "closeted"?
The simple fact is that homosexuality is less accepted in white culture. Of course there is going to be a higher percentage that hide it simply because they dont want to acknowledge they are gay even to themselves for social reasons.

I'm white. The homosexuals I know socially or though work are out and suffer no ill treatment as a result.
You are one person. You dont know all white people either. Most of the white people I know are extremely uncomfortable with gay people. Most are republicans too.

I love proving you wrong. Its so god damn easy. :laugh:

"There also are gender and racial differences: Hispanics (64%) and whites (58%) are more supportive of this than are African Americans (49%)."

Most Say Homosexuality Should Be Accepted By Society Pew Research Center
Monkeys like you think everything is easy. You dont really think showing me another flawed poll is actually proof do you?
laugh.gif
The only thing flawed around here is your ability to produce an intelligent counter debate.

I was giving this some thought the other day. Blacks per capita, really are an interesting statistic when it comes to violent crime, and as the poll reveals, are more inclined to smoke the Johnson.

-Geaux
-----------

'White people are less likely to be gay': Poll reveals African-American community has highest percentage of 'LGBT' adults in U.S.

• Gallup survey, based on interviews with more than 121,000 people, showed that 3.4% of U.S. adults were lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT)
    • Highest proportion in black community, at 4.6%, followed by Asians (4.3%), Hispanics (4%) and Caucasians (3.2%)
    • Poll found 44% of LGBT adults were Democratic, and 13% Republican
Poorer blacks and Asians are more likely to be gay than wealthier whites, a controversial study claimed yesterday.

A Gallup survey – said to be the largest of its kind ever undertaken in America – estimated that 3.4 per cent of US adults saw themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT).

That figure consisted of 4.6 per cent of African-Americans, 4.3 per cent of Asians, 4 per cent of Hispanics – but only 3.2 per cent of white

Read more: White people are less likely to be gay Huge study reveals highest proportion of homosexual people are in African-American community Daily Mail Online

You did not note the MoE of the poll, usually +/-3.5, so all of those figures next to each other: 4.6, 4.3, 4 and 3.2 are essentially tied values.

You are not very good at this, now are you...

It does seem to be a possible explanation.
Yours was in gym class....

THat's a weird response.

A higher rate of being forced into long periods of same sex environments, especially at younger ages, could lead to increases homosexuality, or bi-sexuality.
I played football for 12 years and played center many years, but I never thought it ghey and no one ever tried to be ghey in the crowd...Until my wife mentioned how ghey football is....

The simple fact is that homosexuality is less accepted in white culture. Of course there is going to be a higher percentage that hide it simply because they dont want to acknowledge they are gay even to themselves for social reasons.

I'm white. The homosexuals I know socially or though work are out and suffer no ill treatment as a result.
You are one person. You dont know all white people either. Most of the white people I know are extremely uncomfortable with gay people. Most are republicans too.

I love proving you wrong. Its so god damn easy. :laugh:

"There also are gender and racial differences: Hispanics (64%) and whites (58%) are more supportive of this than are African Americans (49%)."

Most Say Homosexuality Should Be Accepted By Society Pew Research Center
Monkeys like you think everything is easy. You dont really think showing me another flawed poll is actually proof do you?
laugh.gif
The only thing flawed around here is your ability to produce an intelligent counter debate.
Your brain is flawed if you think a flawed study makes your point.
laugh.gif

I find it interesting that so many people are dismissing this study based on personal experience that they have "gay white friends" but no "gay black friends." Do you have ANY black friends?

I find it interesting that so many people are dismissing this study based on personal experience that they have "gay white friends" but no "gay black friends." Do you have ANY black friends?
I know lots of Black people. Most are not gay or openly gay.
I believe a scientific poll is more accurate than an individual's perception of who is gay and who isn't.

I believe a scientific poll is more accurate than an individual's perception of who is gay and who isn't.
Key word is believe. What you believe is not scientific nor credible.

Do you have proof that this scientific poll is flawed?

Yes. They asked humans that coincidentally have been known to lie. Lies have nothing to do with science. Since you cant depend on the truth being there the poll lacks a critical constant. Instead it introduces a unknown variable. There is no way shape or form you can prove everyone polled was telling the truth can you? If you can lets see the proof.

Yes. They asked humans that coincidentally have been known to lie. Lies have nothing to do with science. Since you cant depend on the truth being there the poll lacks a critical constant. Instead it introduces a unknown variable. There is no way shape or form you can prove everyone polled was telling the truth can you? If you can lets see the proof.
If what you're saying is true, we can't rely on any poll to be accurate. Is that what you are saying?

I was giving this some thought the other day. Blacks per capita, really are an interesting statistic when it comes to violent crime, and as the poll reveals, are more inclined to smoke the Johnson.

-Geaux
-----------

'White people are less likely to be gay': Poll reveals African-American community has highest percentage of 'LGBT' adults in U.S.

• Gallup survey, based on interviews with more than 121,000 people, showed that 3.4% of U.S. adults were lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT)
    • Highest proportion in black community, at 4.6%, followed by Asians (4.3%), Hispanics (4%) and Caucasians (3.2%)
    • Poll found 44% of LGBT adults were Democratic, and 13% Republican
Poorer blacks and Asians are more likely to be gay than wealthier whites, a controversial study claimed yesterday.

A Gallup survey – said to be the largest of its kind ever undertaken in America – estimated that 3.4 per cent of US adults saw themselves as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT).

That figure consisted of 4.6 per cent of African-Americans, 4.3 per cent of Asians, 4 per cent of Hispanics – but only 3.2 per cent of white

Read more: White people are less likely to be gay Huge study reveals highest proportion of homosexual people are in African-American community Daily Mail Online

You did not note the MoE of the poll, usually +/-3.5, so all of those figures next to each other: 4.6, 4.3, 4 and 3.2 are essentially tied values.

You are not very good at this, now are you...

Not true. Margin of error reduces greatly with increased sample size comrade.

I left a link below. Now your assignment is to

Wise up :banana:

-Geaux
---------------------------------

Most of the time, studies have shown, talking to 1,000 people gives a result very close to what you would get by polling the whole country. Extrapolating to a nation of 132 million voters—roughly the number of citizens who voted in the 2008 presidential election—gives a 1,000-person poll a margin of sampling error of 3.1 percent. Double the sample size, to 2,000 people, and the margin of sampling error falls to about 2.2 percent. But the improvement diminishes rapidly: A poll of 5,000 people gives about a 1.4 percent margin, and it takes a whopping 10,000-person sample to get the margin down to 1 percent.

Read more at: Explained Margin of error

If what you're saying is true, we can't rely on any poll to be accurate. Is that what you are saying?
Pretty much. Why do you think people do polls? I'll give you a few moments to really give it some thought. After you figure that out then asked your self why there is an "error index" on polls?

It does seem to be a possible explanation.
Yours was in gym class....

THat's a weird response.

A higher rate of being forced into long periods of same sex environments, especially at younger ages, could lead to increases homosexuality, or bi-sexuality.
I played football for 12 years and played center many years, but I never thought it ghey and no one ever tried to be ghey in the crowd...Until my wife mentioned how ghey football is....

If playing football was an all male environment for you, you were doing it wrong.

NO, he is saying he rejects any information he doesn't like.

NO, he is saying he rejects any information he doesn't like.
No. I'm saying until you can prove everyone involved with the poll is telling the truth then you cant rely on a poll to be accurate. Polls may fool clowns such as yourself but thats because you are too naive to understand their function.

Forum List

Back