Army Charges Bergdahl as a Deserter

And so it begins... he will become the left's latest Cindy Sheehan.

For leaving his post he deserves whatever the Army decides to do with him.

thats not the issue. The issue is that obama traded 5 pieces of muslim terrorist shit for him.

Like everything the scum of the earth dimocraps do, they first set out with a goal and then find a way to accomplish that goal.

The scumbag known as the Lying Cocksucker in Chief wanted to release those five butchers. I'm not entirely sure why and I really don't care -- Maybe he wants to shut down Gitmo by emptying it, maybe he had a backdoor deal with somebody somewhere somehow, or maybe he just wanted to poke Patriots in the eye -- He does things for that reason alone all the time....

But he wanted to release those scum.

All Bergdahl was, was an excuse. He didn't give a flying about him then and he doesn't care about him now.

If I cared enough to look inot it, I could figure out why the scumbag in chief wanted to release his buddies from Gitmo, but I don't.

The motivations of scumbags do not interest me. They're scumbags, not worth my time

Doubtful he'll be going to be in prison, and even if he was charged with desertion, the charges will be very hard to make stick.
Why? in the military he has to prove his innocence.
Because proving he had no intention of returning beyond a reasonable doubt will be a tall hurdle, imo.

It will? On what planet would you be residing on?
Same planet as this guy:

"Former Judge Advocate General lawyer and South Texas College of Law professor Geoffrey Corn told Business Insider, in the U.S. military, a conviction for desertion requires very narrow criteria to be met. The prosecutor would have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Bergdahl "quit his unit with an intent to remain absent permanently — and he had to have that specific intent," Corn explained."

Bowe Bergdahl Probably Won t Be Court Martialed - Business Insider

Bergdahl is definitely a deserter.

(a) Any member of the armed forces who—
(1) without authority goes or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to remain away therefrom permanently;
(2) quits his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to avoid hazardous duty or to shirk important service; or
(3) without being regularly separated from one of the armed forces enlists or accepts an appointment in the same or another one of the armed forces without fully disclosing the fact that he has not been regularly separated, or enters any foreign armed service except when authorized by the United States;
is guilty of desertion.
(b) Any commissioned officer of the armed forces who, after tender of his resignation and before notice of its acceptance, quits his post or proper duties without leave and with intent to remain away therefrom permanently is guilty of desertion.
(c) Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, but if the desertion or attempt to desert occurs at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.
I know you think "Fox News said he did" is evidence of all of the above, but it isn't.

Sorry about that!

It will? On what planet would you be residing on?

Desertion is notoriously difficult to prove. Several Viet Nam era deserters got their charges dismissed when they should have been executed, IMO.

But those were different times. You think it's bad now? It was worse back then. dimocraps had a LOT more power. REALLY a lot more. They were unchecked.

Anyway, I think he gets 20 years and does 15.

A US soldier that deserts, is still worth more than a terrorist...

These men were more than your average Mohammed 6 pack blow up a donkey terrorist.

They were high ranking members of the Taliban. Basically Obama traded five Taliban generals for a suspected deserter in a time of war.

That would be like trading five Nazi generals for a deserter during WWII.

(1) without authority goes or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to remain away therefrom permanently;
(2) quits his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to avoid hazardous duty or to shirk important service; or
(3) without being regularly separated from one of the armed forces enlists or accepts an appointment in the same or another one of the armed forces without fully disclosing the fact that he has not been regularly separated, or enters any foreign armed service except when authorized by the United States;
is guilty of desertion.
(b) Any commissioned officer of the armed forces who, after tender of his resignation and before notice of its acceptance, quits his post or proper duties without leave and with intent to remain away therefrom permanently is guilty of desertion.
(c) Any person found guilty of desertion or attempt to desert shall be punished, if the offense is committed in time of war, by death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct, but if the desertion or attempt to desert occurs at any other time, by such punishment, other than death, as a court-martial may direct.
I know you think "Fox News said he did" is evidence of all of the above, but it isn't.

Sorry about that!
I know Fox news is a mantra with some. I have lived in Europe since 1990 and have never watched Fox news. When I left, Fox was "Married with Children". Spare us your ding bat commentary and the assumption of you knowing me.

is guilty of desertion.

Sorry about that!
I know Fox news is a mantra with some. I have lived in Europe since 1990 and have never watched Fox news. When I left, Fox was "Married with Children". Spare us your ding bat commentary and the assumption of you knowing me.
Pretty stupid commentary.

The OP is based on a Fox news story, and you read it and believed it.

That you don't "watch" Fox news is meaningless - it's where you got this news from.

is guilty of desertion.

Sorry about that!
Pretty stupid commentary.

The OP is based on a Fox news story, and you read it and believed it.

That you don't "watch" Fox news is meaningless - it's where you got this news from.
When I saw the thread I Googled "bergdahl news". There were numerous sources including NBC and Reuters as well as Fox.

Stop being an asshole.

Obama achieved two objectives. He released 5 murdering terrorists to go back and kill Americans and our allies, and he got back a deserter for his muslim sympathizing parents (two people he could relate to). All while an American hero was suffering in a Mexican jail who he did nothing to help. He is scum.

What are the official charges? Have they listed the Articles and counts yet?

I wonder if they could charge him with helping to making President Obama look like an incompetent fool. Is that a crime nowadays?

Seriously, what more does Obama have to do to violate his oath of office?

You do realize that these 5 guys were already leaving guantanomo, as a judge had already ordered, right?

So what Obama did was trade 5 men who were about to be released for one hostage who wasn't.

The scumbag known as the Lying Cocksucker in Chief wanted to release those five butchers. I'm not entirely sure why and I really don't care -- Maybe he wants to shut down Gitmo by emptying it, maybe he had a backdoor deal with somebody somewhere somehow, or maybe he just wanted to poke Patriots in the eye -- He does things for that reason alone all the time....

But he wanted to release those scum.
what did those 'scum' do?

Forum List

Back