Army Charges Bergdahl as a Deserter

I'm pretty sure Obama doesn't have time to deal with enlistment of individual soldiers, or promotions. What kind of idiot thinks he does?
What kind of idiot deflects responsibility away from the President? :dunno:

A: All of them. :lol:
No, he's right. Obama has little to do with enlistment. He had a lot to do with trading 5 assholes who will come back to kill Americans for one who is responsible for the deaths of those looking for his deserting ass.
Even if he is determined to be a deserter, we didn't know that when the deal was made. You saying we shouldn't bring our own back?
Are you saying Obama was uninformed about who Bergdahl was and what he did before he let 5 dangerous men released for a deserter?! There is either something wrong with Obama, you, or most likely both.
Wow, a brain dead teabagger is trying to point out what he thinks is wrong with others. Can you say IRONY?
WTF does Bergdahl have to do with the Tea Party? The prick was a deserter from the American Army who caused the death of his "fellow" soldiers.

Lt. Col. Tony Shaffer I've been told and confirmed by two other sources that ( Bergdahl )his attorney was given what we call a charge sheet,” Lt. Col. Shaffer told O’Reilly. “A charge sheet is the results of the investigation listing out the articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice that have been violated. The key violation is desertion. And this is, has been done. The decision has been made,” asserted.

THIS can't be true. I kept hearing from right wingers that the Obama admin will NOT allow him to be prosecuted? You know since Obama is a Muslim sympathizer and all?

No, he's right. Obama has little to do with enlistment. He had a lot to do with trading 5 assholes who will come back to kill Americans for one who is responsible for the deaths of those looking for his deserting ass.
Even if he is determined to be a deserter, we didn't know that when the deal was made. You saying we shouldn't bring our own back?
Are you saying Obama was uninformed about who Bergdahl was and what he did before he let 5 dangerous men released for a deserter?! There is either something wrong with Obama, you, or most likely both.
Wow, a brain dead teabagger is trying to point out what he thinks is wrong with others. Can you say IRONY?
WTF does Bergdahl have to do with the Tea Party? The prick was a deserter from the American Army who caused the death of his "fellow" soldiers.
BS. According to "innocent until proven guilty" and Hegel.

I can note it. Like YOU talking about anybody else being "brain dead."
Sure, but you probably won't remember it past your afternoon jello.

Taliban are not terrorists against the US. Typical Booshie/hater dupe idiocy. IT'S A WAR.
Who do you think gave refuge and otherwise defended Al Qaeda?
They are not Al Qaeda. Too bad Boooshies blew an easy victory and let OBL get free by running off to Iraq that nothing to do with 9/11. Great job! AND wrecked the world economy. No wonder you love the greedy morons...

a superb piece from what most people regard as serious journal, Foreign Policy Magazine.

I would recommend reading this:

Why Negotiating With Our Enemies Is Not a Sin

The Taliban swap for Sgt. Bergdahl is just the latest in a long line of occasions when America willingly dealt with bad guys. And like it or not, this is how wars end.

Why Negotiating With Our Enemies Is Not a Sin Foreign Policy

<snip >
"Finally, the claim that the release of five Taliban in exchange for one American soldier has hurt our combat operations in Afghanistan or that it will lead other groups to seize U.S. prisoners for leverage is simply spurious.

It ignores the fact that while these five Afghans, who have been in U.S. custody for over a decade, could eventually return to the battlefield after their year under house arrest in Qatar, the U.S. military will have ended combat operations in Afghanistan by the end of 2014.

It also ignores the fact that these instances are exceedingly rare: Bergdahl was the only American prisoner of war in Afghanistan, despite over 13 years of conflict. With U.S. forces set to draw down to 9,800 troops by the end of 2014, even if the Taliban were to dramatically change its tactics, it will have very limited opportunities to capture American soldiers.

Moreover, critics of the Bergdahl prisoner release deal ignore the fact that at some point, the United States and its Afghan partners will have to negotiate with the Taliban as the war in Afghanistan concludes. Indeed, as Obama has said: "This is what happens at the end of wars."

This has ample historical precedent. By July 1951, the United States recognized that a stalemate in the Korean War was the least-bad option and began negotiating with the communist government of China to end the war and return to the status quo ante. Washington didn’t recognize the communist government of China as legitimate, but negotiated with them anyway. The negotiations lasted from July 1951 to July 1953, while bullets were still flying in Korea, and produced an armistice that persists to this day. Similarly, Washington negotiated with the communist North Vietnamese for almost five years to end the American involvement in the war in Vietnam, while the fighting still raged. And a major issue in negotiations to end both of these wars was the release of prisoners in exchange for the release of American prisoners.

In addition, this argument overlooks the fact that Bergdahl could provide us with a good deal of information about the Taliban, potentially including actionable intelligence."

Wished I could have included more here, - however that last sentence is something I wonder if the people who wanted him "to rot" there had considered.

Do you think it is possible we could gain potential actionable intelligence from Bergdahl? I'm still waiting for more information to shake out -- and I'm glad an investigation will be done, as it should be.

Anyway, if you can, the Foreign Policy piece is a good one. Check it out.

Taliban are not terrorists against the US. Typical Booshie/hater dupe idiocy. IT'S A WAR.
They are not Al Qaeda. Too bad Boooshies blew an easy victory and let OBL get free by running off to Iraq that nothing to do with 9/11. Great job! AND wrecked the world economy. No wonder you love the greedy morons...
The booshies, as you put it, completely annihilated the both the Taliban and Al Queada. In the meantime, the obamies have given birth to ISIS, an even more radical and strategically placed network. Since Obama lacks the cajones, I hope the next president or Putin or Netanyahou takes them out.

The booshies, as you put it, completely annihilated the both the Taliban and Al Queada. In the meantime, the obamies have given birth to ISIS, an even more radical and strategically placed network. Since Obama lacks the cajones, I hope the next president or Putin or Netanyahou takes them out.

Sure they did, just like Reagan 'defeated' USSR (Who is Putin)?

cartoon1milliondead.jpg

Horse shit. The Taliban and AQ merely went underground to outwait the idiots and re-emerged later with new financing and personnel.

Bush could have destroyed the Taliban completely and changed Afghanistan, but, no, he had to have a non-essential war in Iraq, so withdrew the Spec Ops, chopper, and other units from Afghanistan for Iraq.

That's what the history books are teaching, and that won't change.

Horse shit. The Taliban and AQ merely went underground to outwait the idiots and re-emerged later with new financing and personnel.

Bush could have destroyed the Taliban completely and changed Afghanistan, but, no, he had to have a non-essential war in Iraq, so withdrew the Spec Ops, chopper, and other units from Afghanistan for Iraq.

didn't seem to work when bush finally ordered more troops there and obama followed suit.

as usual, you're wrong and i continually prove it.

didn't seem to work when bush finally ordered more troops there and obama followed suit.

as usual, you're wrong and i continually prove it.
As usual, your are wrong. The surge and Obama's efforts merely drove them back, did not "win" anything.

Yurt is fun to watch spin in circles.

Jake, we all are aware of your foolishness. The Taliban, Al Qeada and indeed Saddam Hussein have all been annihilated to the point today they are of little relevance. It is Obama's "junior varsity" which has taken up the mantle of, dare I say it, Islamic Terrorism!

BS- The Northern Alliance beat the Taliban, the Boooshies sent in a huge army force that made fundie propaganda TRUE. STUPID.

Forum List

Back