Armed Teachers...

500 people every year die from accidental shootings. Let’s put guns in the hands of amateurs around kids. Amazing idea.
Obviously before a teacher was allowed to carry a handgun there would be a training requirement that would involve gun safety as well as tactics to be used if there was a shooter in the school.

Allow teachers who are already responsible gun owners to be armed at school if they so choose. But arming all teachers as policy is a bad idea.
Many male high school students could overpower a female teacher to obtain the weapon she was carrying. That’s why requiring all teachers to carry would be a bad idea. The students would know the teacher was armed.

Overpower the teacher. Take her pistol. Shoot classmates.

Let the male Phys-ed teacher or the big janitor pack heat with training.

Many male high school students could overpower a female teacher to obtain the weapon she was carrying. That’s why requiring all teachers to carry would be a bad idea. The students would know the teacher was armed.
I favor a rifle in a gun safe inside the classroom. Students will not be able to get the gun from the safe. The rifle will be much better than a handgun if some psycho tries to shoot up the school.

Not ‘we’ – it’s conservatives who advocate for such stupidity.

And conservatives advocate for such stupidity because they lack the courage and honesty to address and do something about mass shootings having nothing to do with the regulation of firearms.
aka........they will not give up guns like we want.

:CryingCow::CryingCow:

I favor a rifle in a gun safe inside the classroom. Students will not be able to get the gun from the safe. The rifle will be much better than a handgun if some psycho tries to shoot up the school.
An AR-15 might be the perfect weapon in that situation. Low recoil, 30 round magazine, light weight. Wall penetration might pose a problem. Specialized fragmenting ammo could be developed but the shooter could be wearing a vest. So the first few round could fragment and the next rounds standard.

I understood your analogy.

Your claims are all factually wrong.

Not when our gun culture is perfectly fine.

We're not going to give up our freedom no matter how much you complain about it.

Our gun culture is not a problem.

Wrong. There is no problem whatsoever with our gun culture.

We're going to keep our freedom no matter how much you don't like it.
Hears another one. In a brick house, you have rising damp. So you rub the inside plaster down and paint it. The damp problem comes back through. So you replaster and paint it. The damp eventually comes back through. So you foil line it, lining paper it, and then paint it. Eventually the damp comes back through.

Why not fix the cause, the damp proof course (gun culture).

Just start fixing the gun culture, and incidents will reduce. It's not rocket science.

Most mass shooters do not have a serious mental illness like schizophrenia. And people with serious mental illnesses like schizophrenia are indeed much more likely to be victims and not perpetrators.

But... most mass shooters do suffer from a lot of problems that psychiatric help could sort out for them.
Did you know that 0.5% of homicides in the US were due to indiscriminate shooting in public places, yet 71% (that includes you) fear mass shootings because they believe mental illness as the simplified explanation.

I know you didn't, but I thought I would start it by saying, "Did you know".

That's why you don't know who will do what.

Last edited:
Why not fix the cause, the damp proof course (gun culture).
Because gun culture is not the cause of massacres.

And because our guns are more important than saving lives even if they actually had been the cause of massacres.

Just start fixing the gun culture,
It's not broken.

and incidents will reduce.
Massacres won't reduce, because gun culture has nothing to do with massacres.

All you would achieve is having people be massacred using a different kind of weapon.

It's not rocket science.
Your claims however are completely untrue.

Did you know that 0.5% of homicides in the US were due to indiscriminate shooting in public places,
I knew the number was pretty small. I never cared enough to learn the exact number.

I'm sure you looked up reliable data, but don't expect me to remember it.

yet 71% (that includes you) fear mass shootings because they believe mental illness as the simplified explanation.
No. People fear mass shootings because they don't want to be killed.

Because gun culture is not the cause of massacres.

And because our guns are more important than saving lives even if they actually had been the cause of massacres.

It's not broken.

Massacres won't reduce, because gun culture has nothing to do with massacres.

All you would achieve is having people be massacred using a different kind of weapon.

Your claims however are completely untrue.

I knew the number was pretty small. I never cared enough to learn the exact number.

I'm sure you looked up reliable data, but don't expect me to remember it.

No. People fear mass shootings because they don't want to be killed.
The problem in America is it's gun culture, and the gun nuts want to fix everything that suffers from it.

It's a good feeling knowing that I am one of the good guys.

"THANKS!"
42dca463-6ab5-4726-b0e5-d7d20e19c0dd-medium16x9_Texasshootingvictims.jpeg

Forum List

Back