Are You Proud of What You Do For Bread?

I'm proud of every job I have ever had.

24060_1445695581554_1208073695_1285882_2880966_n.jpg

(73?)

Are You Proud of What You Do For Bread?

Proud? Sure. But I must say that what I do for a living is a blast! I've always been drawn to anything high tech. I can't even talk about what I do here since it'll bore most people to death, but I love it. If anyone is interested, this is one of favorite books:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Physics-Technology-Semiconductor-Devices-international/dp/0471329983]Amazon.com: Physics and Technology of Semiconductor Devices (A Wiley international edition) (9780471329985): A. S. Grove: Books[/ame]

Happy reading! :lol:

Hell yes I'm proud. I'm a pilot. I walk along the fence on the ranch and when I find a pile I pile it over to the other side.

Even if the unemployment rate is realistically as high 15%, that still means 85% of us are doing something with our lives.....

Are you proud of what you do for shelter and bread?

I know... there are different kinds of pride. The pride I take right now in life is that of accomplishing a hard days work. The task I spend 40 hours of my life per week sweatin' over so that I have the time and resources to feed my habits is that of a modern clerk. Not much glamor... I help people with paperwork. I work for a huge organization, I'm busy as hell, and most of the time I feel like I really do help folks, so yeah, I'm proud of what I produce in America. You?

Absofuckinlootly... I am Blessed to have a Career that has Afforded me the Same Desk for 17 Years doing something I look Forward to doing EVERY Day...

Sometimes 7 Days a Week when we are that Busy...

And Busy is Coming... FINALLY!

40 Hour Weeks were Making me Lazy.

:)

peace...

When I was growing up in Montana, I worked fields and ran cattle. I was proud of those jobs, because I could see my work making a difference on the land.

I joined the Navy at 18 and served for 20 years. I've been a Drug and Alcohol counselor and have been told by others that I made a positive difference in their lives.

After the Navy? I decided to balance myself out and go from being a 4.0 sailor to being a hippie that invents things (I've got patents), as well as writes and paints.

I've made a difference over the first 2, and I hope to make a difference some day with my writing, painting or inventions, as well as help out my community.

Yes. I'm proud of what I've done and what I do.

You are one interesting character.

I think you might even be weirder than I am.

How the hell did you manage to get through 20 years in uniform?

You must have had one sweet assed billet to have put up with the regimented life.

If you're ever in Maine, look me up. We'll hoist a few and eat seafood.

That invite goes for most of you, BTW.

Don't come in the winter though.

Unless you love outdoor winter activities this place will bore the crap out most of you.

When I was growing up in Montana, I worked fields and ran cattle. I was proud of those jobs, because I could see my work making a difference on the land.

I joined the Navy at 18 and served for 20 years. I've been a Drug and Alcohol counselor and have been told by others that I made a positive difference in their lives.

After the Navy? I decided to balance myself out and go from being a 4.0 sailor to being a hippie that invents things (I've got patents), as well as writes and paints.

I've made a difference over the first 2, and I hope to make a difference some day with my writing, painting or inventions, as well as help out my community.

You must have had one sweet assed billet to have put up with the regimented life.

Unless you love outdoor winter activities this place will bore the crap out most of you.

How did I manage? Well, I spent 4 years on a forward deployed combat stores ship which was fired on off the coast of Beruit in '83, then went over to the NATTC in Memphis and spent 4 years there, then spent 4 years with an FA-18 outfit (VFA-131 Wildcats), and went through Desert Storm pts 1 and 2, then to the Naval War College where I became a DAPA and Security Force member and was squad leader within 6 months.

My last tour was the one that made me decide to balance myself out by becoming a tie dye, sandal wearing (Teva) hippie. I spent the last 2 1/2 years here in Amarillo as the Leading Petty Officer for the MEPS Navy office, with MY boss being all the way down in San Antonio.

After hanging out with a bunch of civilians and such, because of my Taoist beliefs in balance, I started looking for the civilian equivalent of the opposite of what I'd been, which was a 4.0 sailor who would volunteer for just about anything.

On my first ship, it was the At Sea fire party because I wanted a red hat.

Memphis was because my ex wife wanted to see Graceland.

VFA-131 was because I've been crazy about jets all my life and wanted to play with them. Was a member of the PRP teams during that time.

Naval War College was because Newport RI sounded nice, and that was the easiest way for me to see the rest of the 48 Continental States.

And yeah.......I am a bit weird. In Memphis, I started racing bicycles and quit using motor vehicles. Whenever I transferred to a new duty station from Memphis to Newport, I rode my bicycle and got paid for the POV travel.

Matter of fact, the only vehicle I had for 8 years was a TREK or LeMond bicycle.

You ever come down around Amarillo, give me a shout, we'll go to the Big Texan for steak.

How did I manage? Well, I spent 4 years on a forward deployed combat stores ship which was fired on off the coast of Beruit in '83, then went over to the NATTC in Memphis and spent 4 years there, then spent 4 years with an FA-18 outfit (VFA-131 Wildcats), and went through Desert Storm pts 1 and 2, then to the Naval War College where I became a DAPA and Security Force member and was squad leader within 6 months.

My last tour was the one that made me decide to balance myself out by becoming a tie dye, sandal wearing (Teva) hippie. I spent the last 2 1/2 years here in Amarillo as the Leading Petty Officer for the MEPS Navy office, with MY boss being all the way down in San Antonio.

After hanging out with a bunch of civilians and such, because of my Taoist beliefs in balance, I started looking for the civilian equivalent of the opposite of what I'd been, which was a 4.0 sailor who would volunteer for just about anything.

On my first ship, it was the At Sea fire party because I wanted a red hat.

Memphis was because my ex wife wanted to see Graceland.

VFA-131 was because I've been crazy about jets all my life and wanted to play with them. Was a member of the PRP teams during that time.

Naval War College was because Newport RI sounded nice, and that was the easiest way for me to see the rest of the 48 Continental States.

And yeah.......I am a bit weird. In Memphis, I started racing bicycles and quit using motor vehicles. Whenever I transferred to a new duty station from Memphis to Newport, I rode my bicycle and got paid for the POV travel.

Matter of fact, the only vehicle I had for 8 years was a TREK or LeMond bicycle.

You ever come down around Amarillo, give me a shout, we'll go to the Big Texan for steak.

A. Have you eaten free at the Big Texan? Me:No
B. What'd ya think of Graceland? I thought it was depressing
C. You could buy a red hat.

A. Have you eaten free at the Big Texan? Me:No
B. What'd ya think of Graceland? I thought it was depressing
C. You could buy a red hat.

A. No, I've never even tried, because the freaking thing is HUGE! However, one of the guys I worked with at MEPS (Y. Casillas) did. Several times in fact.

B. What did I think of Graceland? Too expensive for what it was, only reason I went was because the ex wife roped me into it. I didn't like it much.

C. No, I couldn't buy a red hat, because all Navy ballcaps are blue with gold stitching. Only the at sea fire party was authorized the red hats with the gold stitching. It's one of those you gotta be qualified things, and I wanted the status of wearing a red ballcap. Yes, it was a lot more work, but it was worth it when I went over to a friends for a weekend in TN. His mother's stove caught on fire one morning, and because of our training as fire fighters, we had it out quick and it didn't do much damage.

Having spent 3 months in Rockland (November to January) I can vouch for the truth of that.

Being proud means holding your head high. Since that is something my colleagues and I do, I guess we must all be proud of what we do.

Actually, thinking about it, we don't hold our heads to high when working. Could have a devastating effect!

I am proud of what I do for my pay. Through the collective effort of people that do what I do, the world keeps functioning and improving daily.

I am a great person. You may be, too.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Please don't mention bread. I have type II diabetes.

Well boo hoo kitty fuck to you.

Poor little "Boo Hoo Kitty Fuck" beside her name *LUISSA*, dislikes what she has next to her board name so much she negs ya if you repeat it.

Yeah baby, you're a real class act... :eusa_hand:

:cuckoo:

Yup... crazy alright... why don't you go for three negs all for the same pathetic reason, something you say right on your own page. No better way to show rep abuse than to make it super obvious...

4526038731_1e8cfc7b01_o.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back