Are you confident your candidate of choice is going to win?

Are you confident in your candidate of choice being victorious?

• Yes

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes, you do. You are identified by your associates, and the simile is a fallacy of false equivalency.

But I don't associate with them. The only connection is (probably) who we end up voting for.

I support 2nd amendment rights, does that mean I am associated with some crazed sovereign citizen nutter because he does to (in addition to other things I DON'T support)?
Yes, you do. If you support alt right positions, you are associated. If you 2d amendment rights, you are in the camp of even the crazies unless you decry them specifically and why.

Well, see, that is exactly why I don't vote for the "lesser of two evils". Because when you vote for someone, you are telling them to keep doing what they are doing. And I REFUSE to tell evil people, lesser or otherwise, to keep doing what they are doing.

Although in fairness, you probably support a few "nessecary" evils yourself, which is essentially the same deal.

Otherwise you would be an anarchist.

Last edited:
Yes, you do. You are identified by your associates, and the simile is a fallacy of false equivalency.

But I don't associate with them. The only connection is (probably) who we end up voting for.

I support 2nd amendment rights, does that mean I am associated with some crazed sovereign citizen nutter because he does to (in addition to other things I DON'T support)?
Yes, you do. If you support alt right positions, you are associated. If you 2d amendment rights, you are in the camp of even the crazies unless you decry them specifically and why.

Again with the generalizations and lumping people together. I support removing illegal immigrants and preventing more from coming in. After that I support increasing our legal quotas for immigration. The Alt right wants them ALL out, legal or not. That is not a similar position.

And its comical to hold someone to a "denounce them specifically or you agree with them" standard. It's lazy, and poor form.

Again with the generalizations and lumping people together. I support removing illegal immigrants and preventing more from coming in. After that I support increasing our legal quotas for immigration. The Alt right wants them ALL out, legal or not. That is not a similar position. And its comical to hold someone to a "denounce them specifically or you agree with them" standard. It's lazy, and poor form.
Only by your understanding of words and terms and definitions, and they don't count. You are an either or guy yourself, Marty, so you amuse when you decry that standard being applied to you.

I'm leaning towards Trump and I definitely won't be voting for Hillary. But the whole Alt-right thing has me hesitating. I totally do not want to associate my name with that bunch regardless of the consequences. They don't represent me and I sure as hell don't support them.

If that is the case, then never settle and never give in.

Trust me, your self-respect and good name are a lot more important. They are among the few things you can take to the grave.

Again with the generalizations and lumping people together. I support removing illegal immigrants and preventing more from coming in. After that I support increasing our legal quotas for immigration. The Alt right wants them ALL out, legal or not. That is not a similar position. And its comical to hold someone to a "denounce them specifically or you agree with them" standard. It's lazy, and poor form.
Only by your understanding of words and terms and definitions, and they don't count. You are an either or guy yourself, Marty, so you amuse when you decry that standard being applied to you.

Show me where I have called out people to denounce something or they support it.

Some things are either/or, some things are not.

And to be honest your statement is a bit of a mish-mash, haven't had your coffee yet?

Show me where I have called out people to denounce something or they support it.

Some things are either/or, some things are not.

And to be honest your statement is a bit of a mish-mash, haven't had your coffee yet?
You are for grins and chuckles only. You may have the last word.

Forum List

Back