Zone1 Are White Actors and Actresses Not Allowed to Act Anymore?

Why? A lot of roles can be fairly generic, why should they be limited? I mean I totally get why a black dude wouldn’t work so well playing the lead character in Kung Fu and why a white dude would have trouble playing the main character in A Patch of Blue or why an Asian actor might not be able to pull off a Viking, but the little mermaid? It’s generic.

Because race flipping has been abused to the point that it is deeply offensive and insulting to any and all fans of anything.

You want more roles for black people and less roles for white people because wacism?

Write some new freaking roles. Keep your hands off my sci fi and fantasy cannon.

Don't they realize that they're being more racist by doing that then they would be if they allowed white rolls to remain white?
And who is the most vocal opponent of black-face and cultural appropriation? Hans Christian Andersen must be rolling over in his grave.

Because race flipping has been abused to the point that it is deeply offensive and insulting to any and all fans of anything.

You want more roles for black people and less roles for white people because wacism?

Write some new freaking roles. Keep your hands off my sci fi and fantasy cannon.
I wasn't aware that Hamilton was not white.

Then do you complain about every movie re-do with different actors and tweaks?

You seriously want to pretend that using a different actor years later is the same as deciding to recast a character for political reasons, quite possibly with the ill intent of insulting the fans?

The vast majority of roles have been “traditionally“ white. So I guess I would say are black actors only allowed to play “traditionally” black roles? Honestly I think we need to look past what race/ethnicity plays what role and just appreciate good acting.

But there are exceptions. Some roles demand a particular race/ethnicity, but I don’t think this is one of them. She IS stunningly beautiful, I will agree. :)

I agree, she's very pretty and her skin isn't THAT dark. However, that wasn't my point at all. The point is that Disney has an agenda now and she most likely didn't get the part because of her acting skills. Maybe she did, but that wasn't the primary focus.

I watched nine commercials the other night during a break in a show. All but one had Negroes in it as the main characters.

The funny thing is that the demographics of the people that would most likely be buying the products are White.

Some really dumb ass woke assholes in advertising.

As far as movies or TV series go if there is a Negro in a leading or supporting role I don't watch it.

I agree, she's very pretty and her skin isn't THAT dark. However, that wasn't my point at all. The point is that Disney has an agenda now and she most likely didn't get the part because of her acting skills. Maybe she did, but that wasn't the primary focus.
It is no different than choosing an actress because she is blond and has big boobs is it?

I think people are overreacting a bit, it isn’t like mermaids are of any race.

In the end people will either like it or they won’t :dunno:

Personally, I am all for diversity in a field (acting) that has always and still is primarily white.

I watched nine commercials the other night during a break in a show. All but one had Negroes in it as the main characters.

The funny thing is that the demographics of the people that would most likely be buying the products are White.

Some really dumb ass woke assholes in advertising.

As far as movies or TV series go if there is a Negro in a leading or supporting role I don't watch it.
I’m sure they are crushed.

It is no different than choosing an actress because she is blond and has big boobs is it?

Personally, I am all for diversity in a field (acting) that has always and still is primarily white.

I see your point with everything but your last sentence. Yes, this situation isn't that big of a deal, but how many white actors and actresses do you see in new movies (or shows I don't really watch TV all that much so I don't really know about that) these days?

You seriously want to pretend that using a different actor years later is the same as deciding to recast a character for political reasons, quite possibly with the ill intent of insulting the fans?
Why would that insult fans more than any other changes they do when remaking a movie (there are always a lot of changes), I don’t understand why race is the one that matters.

Yes, it is, because it is a political and racist reason.

I was just seeing a picture for the new Ariel in the upcoming reboot of The Little Mermaid and I have to say that she has a tad bit darker skin, but she still has red hair at least and she isn't completely black, but why do white rolls keep being replaced by darker skinned people? Don't they realize that they're being more racist by doing that then they would be if they allowed white rolls to remain white? I don't think there would be the same reaction if black rolls (like Tyler Perry for instance) were being replaced with white people. Anyways, here she isn't and she doesn't look THAT bad.

View attachment 679074

It's all leftist brainwashing. I quit watching these kooks many years ago because I seen the writing on the wall. Stay tuned though as they replace whites and blacks with cross dressers. Don't laugh either, just mark my words. Show White will have once been Fred the horsehoe maker.

Why would that insult fans more than any other changes they do when remaking a movie (there are always a lot of changes), I don’t understand why race is the one that matters.

It matters because leftists have an agenda that is pushing racism against white people? How do you not realize this? Also if a role like Annie is meant to be a little white girl with red hair it's changing the story if she's suddenly black. Not being racist, just speaking the truth.

Forum List

Back